zabrinma

Case sent back for review, help! (split)

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm surprised. Are you sure that these were real immigration officers? I didn't know they could do such thing on foreign grounds. Even here the government needs a warrant to check your phone, so surely they do not have any rights to do that in Ghana. Perhaps, if they had been that vigilant in other countries with the visa process as they are in Ghana, then we wouldn't have a terrorist attack a few weeks ago. as

Timeline

Oh yes they are officers from the Accra embassy I knew it was them when I saw their car plate and also they had my file in their car which the v.o also had during my two interview and yes they went to far going into my phone but I gave her the phone just to let her know I have nothing to hide and the most annoying part is she told me I can't see your wife face she is wearing glasses,damn this government officials abroad have unlimited power especially in afrika but we looking forward for the best and in God we trust no matter how hard they try to break us

Edited by zabrinma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They can ask, they have no power to insist.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You contradicting your statement first yo say they do field investigation in the us and other countries then you say it's rare they do field investigation outside the us,so if my wife is older than me and she has kids that's fraud right. Let me tell you in Africa 90 percent of application are treated so read our post specially Ghana and you will see how applicants are treated

Edited by zabrinma

Timeline

You contradicting your statement first yo say they do field investigation in the us and other countries then you say it's rare they do field investigation outside the us,so if my wife is older than me and she has kids that's fraud right. Let me tell you in Africa 90 percent of application are treated so read our post specially Ghana and you will see how applicants are treated

They do do field investigations, I doubt overall it is that common. Within certain scenarios it might be common.

My wife is older than me and had kids and mine was not fraud so not sure where you are going with this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They do do field investigations, I doubt overall it is that common. Within certain scenarios it might be common.

My wife is older than me and had kids and mine was not fraud so not sure where you are going with this.

Timeline

You,getting my statement wrong what am trying to say is my wife is older than me an have kids so am asking is that fraud because she older than me and has kids, well am here seeking advice and help not to argue over red flags in my relationship cause I know they are and I love her for who she is that's why I decided to settle with her and it's all called red flags because of visa process cause I don't think there are no couples in America being married with huge age difference and have kids.thank you

Edited by zabrinma

Timeline

Our age difference is not huge. Obviously I can not answer your particular situation as I do not know it. I was just responding to the basic facts.

Also I do not know what is common practice in Ghana, never been there, different societies different norms.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all VJ members happy new year to all, well a week a go I had a call from the embassy to come, on my arrival for about an hour the vo called me and told me she is sending the case back, because she believes our marriage is for immigration benefitjust and handed me the letter. So I see finally she just called me to confirm what they had told the Congress man. Now my status has changed from administrative process to Expiring Soon. As on the NVC website memo it states that after a year of no contact from us the case file will be cancelled and unless we can prove it was beyond our control. Please my ask is for a year now my file has been with the consulate until just last week I was notify of it going back,we never had control over the process, please anybody with ideas on what we can and cannot do now whiles we wait for the case to get back to uscis.Thank You

Edited by zabrinma

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all VJ members happy new year to all, well a week a go I had a call from the embassy to come, on my arrival for about an hour the vo called me and told me she is sending the case back, because she believes our marriage is for immigration benefitjust and handed me the letter. So I see finally she just called me to confirm what they had told the Congress man. Now my status has changed from administrative process to Expiring Soon. As on the NVC website memo it states that after a year of no contact from us the case file will be cancelled and unless we can prove it was beyond our control. Please my ask is for a year now my file has been with the consulate until just last week I was notify of it going back,we never had control over the process, please anybody with ideas on what we can and cannot do now whiles we wait for the case to get back to uscis.Thank You

Sorry for all you are doing. This may help shed light on what is going to happen.

This is the scenario for you. Your case after 1 year of AP has been refused and is now making the journey back to USCIS where the embassy is asking USCIS to revoke (Notice of Intent to Revoke- NOIR). It will take about 6 months to get to USCIS and probably 8 months to a year for USCIS to notify you of their decision.

The expiry notice on NVC is the standard wording after a 1 year of no contact your petition is still active and not expiring. So don't worry about it. Right now it's all a waiting game nothing you can do, nor a congressman can do but wait now for USCIS. I would guess summer time you will hear from USCIS than the next steps.

As I said you will either get a Notice to Revoke where USCIS will either back what the embassy say and deny you a Visa (very very rare unless the embassy sent evidence to back their decision) or USCIS will send you the list of denial points where you must address each issue with evidence and send back to USCIS and they will render a decision to Deny or Re-affirm.

If Re-affirmed your case goes back to the embassy where 99% of cases get approved with almost nothing asked or asked for.

So now you wait.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Sorry for all you are doing. This may help shed light on what is going to happen.

This is the scenario for you. Your case after 1 year of AP has been refused and is now making the journey back to USCIS where the embassy is asking USCIS to revoke (Notice of Intent to Revoke- NOIR). It will take about 6 months to get to USCIS and probably 8 months to a year for USCIS to notify you of their decision.

The expiry notice on NVC is the standard wording after a 1 year of no contact your petition is still active and not expiring. So don't worry about it. Right now it's all a waiting game nothing you can do, nor a congressman can do but wait now for USCIS. I would guess summer time you will hear from USCIS than the next steps.

As I said you will either get a Notice to Revoke where USCIS will either back what the embassy say and deny you a Visa (very very rare unless the embassy sent evidence to back their decision) or USCIS will send you the list of denial points where you must address each issue with evidence and send back to USCIS and they will render a decision to Deny or Re-affirm.

If Re-affirmed your case goes back to the embassy where 99% of cases get approved with almost nothing asked or asked for.

So now you wait.

Thanx bro for your quick response and advice but please if I may ask what kind of evidence does the consulate send at times,I ask this because the embassy wrote to the Congress man that they have factual extensive evidence after a year of traumatizing my wife and i and coming to my home to talk to me. Thanx Edited by zabrinma

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That very much depends on your individual case. It could be your age difference, it could be they went to talk to your neighbours, co workers and friends, it could be official documents they reviewed....

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thanx Penguin that's helpful answers and yes they we're at home asking new neighbors about me whome I don't even know their houses and family as well but eventually I met with them and was being interrogated like a terrorist plus going through my phone but in all God is great and in him I trust. But if it's the age then I will say that's a big insult to my wife and I cause we both not minors to be told who to marry at what age, and am 100% sure uscis saw our age difference and her having kids before our petition was approved after uscis asking for evidence from us before they approved our petition.

Edited by zabrinma

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.