MinaGabriel

when do they cancel B2 visa for i-485 green card?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi

your wife can apply for her, but she will be out of status, the immigration process takes months,

so she must decide what she wants to do, overstay is forgiven, but she will be out of status once her i94 expires until she gets her EAD or work permit

she wants to stay in the US until she gets her travel permission "travel document"

You have a good shot at sending before December 26 I think.

Even if you are late by few days, overstays are forgiven for immediate relatives such as parents, provided they entered legally, which she did.

The period of new authorized stay begins once USCIS receives the AOS package. When AOS is pending it is not advisable for her to leave the US before getting green card or AP.

Good luck. You and your wife need all help and support from family you can get.

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not out of status, under the colour of law, I call it limbo land.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

You have a good shot at sending before December 26 I think.

Even if you are late by few days, overstays are forgiven for immediate relatives such as parents, provided they entered legally, which she did.

The period of new authorized stay begins once USCIS receives the AOS package. When AOS is pending it is not advisable for her to leave the US before getting green card or AP.

Good luck. You and your wife need all help and support from family you can get.

Thank you, sir, very much

So the authorized stay will begin even if I did something wrong or something missing with the forms

I was talking with a lawyer and she wants $2000 to fill the forms plus the fees and with my wife current illness I can't afford that

If something is missing you will get a request for further evidence. You want to avoid that as much as possible, because it will slow the process and may lead to denial if you don't provide necessary evidence.

You are better of if you just take your time, do lots of research and send everything in good order the first time.

Also, look into non-profits that help immigrants for no fee or very small fee (Catholic Charities for example). You usually have to wait few weeks for an appointment so don't be afraid to stress your situation and ask for help.

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

And one other thing, I realise this is a very difficult time for you coping with your wifes illness, but "helping with the kids" can be considered as employment and is not allowed with a tourist visa.

Oh? Are you saying that my K-1 fiancee can't clean house, cook and do laundry in my household because that could be construed as work? I should hire a maid until she gets EAD? I sure hope she doesn't read this. :)

Don't be silly...

Edited by EricAndOrn

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh? Are you saying that my K-1 fiancee can't clean house, cook and do laundry in my household because that could be construed as work? I should hire a maid until she gets EAD? I sure hope she doesn't read this. :)

Don't be silly...

Technically MacUK is correct

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for Inappropriate language any further use of such language will result in further administrative action.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Don't be silly...

Actually a K1 is work authorised, does not have the evidence but does not need it either.

This case is different, she came to the U.S to help us with the Kids, to quote the OP, but did so as a visitor. If she had said that when she entered she would have been on the next plane home.

Comes up all the time when people want to bring extended family members over to avoid paying for child care.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't be silly...

So long as she co-owns the house with you, go for it. Otherwise, yes, she is taking a job away from a professional maid. But as said previously, a K-1 is work authorized.

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.