Mydy

Personality Evaluation????

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, let me tell you what happened to me today. My son and I went to St Lukes around 4 AM, sure enough, there are a lot of people queueing up already. So we were able to go inside the building around 5:30AM, I was #76 and my son is #77.

The Doc saw me around 5:30 PM. She checked my annulment papers, read it thoroughly. Then she said, "Im sorry I need to refer you to a Psychologist (psychiatrist? cant remember). We need to have your personality evaluted because the annulment paper said you had extreme psychological, physical, and emotional abuse from your ex."

My heart sank.

So she asked me to go to the USA Counter. They told me to go to the psychologist office on the ground floor.

I spoke with the nurse and told me to reschedule my interview (interview is on dec 7). I told her that I cant do that since we have made plans already and I am very worried about my son who will be turning 21 on January. I requested for an earlier date. I was so frustrated and worried that I wanted to cry in that office.

I wont be able to know if I pass the medical or not until I get evaluated.

So my heart sank some more.

Question:

1. Will this evaluation hurt the visa approval?

2. Lets say I passed the evaluation, but they find out that I need to do other tests like the Sputum exam. My son will be 21 on January, will the CO deny his visa?

Thank you in advance again. I am praying really hard that everything will be alright and this is just a temporary roadblock,

I just went through this with a 21 yo. The 21 yo has to be on US soil before they turn 21 or they will be denied entry. The Psychologist evaluation must be completed, once completed and the Doctor finds (they usually do because you have grown through that stage in your life) you to be of sound state of mind then their typically no problems at the interview. Yes sputum testing and or TB treatment will have a baring on your schedule. As it is, you would be pushing the January deadline if everything was running "smoothly".

I wish you luck at achieving your dream.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Would it be possible to know if I need the sputum tests before I even take the psyche test?

I called the nurse and she said there is no any request for a sputum test. Yay! But then heres another question:

1. Since the nurse told me that I am scheduled on Dec. 4, and also told me the result will come out the same day (i sure hope so), will it be ok to proceed to my Dec 7 interview? I am worried if they will be sending the result to USEM the same day too. She said it all depends if the psychologist needs me to do further tests (God forbid!)

If I am the only one leaving the country, I wouldnt mind the delay. I am just worried about my son who will be turning 21 on January next year. Customer service from USEM told me that they cant guarantee any available interview slot this December. I also asked them if the personality evaluation is required, he said that it is not on the list of requirement, but it is still SLEC's call.

I called the nurse and she said there is no any request for a sputum test. Yay! But then heres another question:

1. Since the nurse told me that I am scheduled on Dec. 4, and also told me the result will come out the same day (i sure hope so), will it be ok to proceed to my Dec 7 interview? I am worried if they will be sending the result to USEM the same day too. She said it all depends if the psychologist needs me to do further tests (God forbid!)

If I am the only one leaving the country, I wouldnt mind the delay. I am just worried about my son who will be turning 21 on January next year. Customer service from USEM told me that they cant guarantee any available interview slot this December. I also asked them if the personality evaluation is required, he said that it is not on the list of requirement, but it is still SLEC's call.

Normally they send the results with you to the interview,but there has been the occasion they sent them over by currior. If it were me, there is no looking back. I would keep moving forward with the interview and see what happens. Everyone that I faced who has any responsibility to influence the movement to getting the visa approved asap, I would make them aware of your situation. Be strong, be active and don't be shy. There is a glimmer of hope to be in the USA prior to your sons birthday. Good luck

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hi Greenbaum!

I made sure they understood my situation. The original sched they gave me was Dec 18 and suggested I resched my interview. I told them that it wont be possible because my son will be 21 soon and it might prevent him to leave the country just because of their schedule. The nurse made me fill out a form and when I came back she said the earliest date she can give me is on Dec 4 and result will be on the same day so I can make it on my Dec 7 interview. My son told me that my face was all red and looks like I was going to burst into tears and I looked so frustrated. I was thankful though, dec 4 is much better than dec 18.

Oh, by the way, my son passed his medical. We already have his results sealed in an envelope, had his immunization done, got his cd and the immunization form.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would keep your interview date NO MATTER (even if there is a delay with the medical), but I think you will be fine, the psychologist is a one day deal 99% of the time (almost a formality more than anything).

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you, Greenbaum and Hank.

I will let you know how it turns out on Friday. Im staying positive!

Timeline

Hi Greenbaum!

I made sure they understood my situation. The original sched they gave me was Dec 18 and suggested I resched my interview. I told them that it wont be possible because my son will be 21 soon and it might prevent him to leave the country just because of their schedule. The nurse made me fill out a form and when I came back she said the earliest date she can give me is on Dec 4 and result will be on the same day so I can make it on my Dec 7 interview. My son told me that my face was all red and looks like I was going to burst into tears and I looked so frustrated. I was thankful though, dec 4 is much better than dec 18.

Oh, by the way, my son passed his medical. We already have his results sealed in an envelope, had his immunization done, got his cd and the immunization form.

Timeline

Hi,

You're lucky they scheduled you on Dec 4, cause my daughter (K2) was scheduled on Dec 29 and our interview is on Dec 9, tried to ask for an earlier date but the nurse said that is the earliest possible date they have. Now after reading your post Im beginning to wonder if the nurse lied to me and if it still possible for me to call SLEC and plead for an earlier date.

owensmj27, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hi,

You're lucky they scheduled you on Dec 4, cause my daughter (K2) was scheduled on Dec 29 and our interview is on Dec 9, tried to ask for an earlier date but the nurse said that is the earliest possible date they have. Now after reading your post Im beginning to wonder if the nurse lied to me and if it still possible for me to call SLEC and plead for an earlier date.

Anything is possible if you make the effort. But if you sit and wonder, then no it's not a possibility. Call the today and see if you can change it. They have cancelations just like a Dr. office.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Anything is possible if you make the effort. But if you sit and wonder, then no it's not a possibility. Call the today and see if you can change it. They have cancelations just like a Dr. office.

Thank you Greenbaum, that is what I plan to do when I come back for my other children's medical result on tuesday. I will check with them again if they can change my daughter's schedule. Hope they can grant it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are all rooting for you and wish you the best.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Hi owensmj27,

I can understand how you feel.

The nurse also told me that earlier sched is full and Dec. 18 is the only date open for appointment. She suggested that I should reschedule the interview. I firmly told her that I don't agree with her suggestion and she must find me an earlier date so we can still do the Dec. 7 interview. I explained the urgency of our situation because any delay lessens my son's chance to leave the country with me. My son will turn 21 on January 25th and he will be denied entry when he reaches that age (K2 age limit is below 21 years old).

Delays caused by sickness or the interview results is understandable, but delays caused by SLEC's schedule is just downright frustrating.

I guess I have stressed her out big time, I am not proud about it and I did apologize to her, but I did what needs to be done.

She was able to find me an earlier date (Dec. 4).

I wish you all the best! I really hope they grant your request. Just let them know and make sure they understand your situation.

We are all rooting for you and wish you the best.

Thank you, X Factor! It will be Dec, 4 soon and I pray that there wont be any delays anymore.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.