Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2017 at 2:04 AM, olya green said:

Guys, got some Qs here:

1. What sort ofincome proof should my fiance provide for affidavit? A letter from the employer, tax returns?

2. Should I myself provide any income proof?
3. What should my fiance write in his Letter of intent?
4. Letters / assurances from some respected person - from who? A pastor who's to marry us? Who else? 

many thanks! :)

1. Tax returns, letter of employment showing salary, bank letter showing deposit amounts. Emphasis on tax return if it meets the minimum poverty line.

2. Beneficiary cannot add income to the I-134, so there's no point including it.

3. See example from immigration guide on the menu above or: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc. There are also examples online. Needs to basically say you intend to marry within 90 days. This must also be with a pen ink signature. BOTH OF YOU need to make intent letters like this.

4. What do you believe this is required for?? This is only required if you need to provide evidence of something that you can't otherwise prove. Lawyer, bank manager, doctor, and other "professions" like this.

On 11/27/2017 at 7:35 AM, olya green said:

and also - re relationship evidence - we have only 3 photos of us together and not so much correspondence. Would we need more? 

Yes. A lot more! You must prove that you have met within the previous 2 years. Photos and correspondence don't do that. Things like boarding passes, passport stamps, credit card statements, I-94 records, proof of trips together, and so forth are much better than some photos and letters.

Please see the guide at the very top of this page for example, as well as a list of what you will be needing on your journey.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Repost  from June  page because,i would like to get as much advice as i can.

CONFESSION TIME: I know for a fact this question was asked,but do to my lack of faith at that moment i didnt pay attition.please forgive me.

Question(s): I am recieving a rfe in the mail this week. After being apart of this wonderful VJ family (even tho I feel like the black sheep of the familly) I know for a fact that I forgot to send 

1. Both passport photos

2. Benif,intent letter (fiance)

3.Back of my birth certificate (petitioner)

4.All pages if passport,only sent stamped pages

5.Proof that we were both in DR at same time,concidering he is from Haiti but lives there. 

My question is if i get the rfe and it doesnt ask for everything that is missed,should i only send wht they ask for,or should i send every thing i know i missed as well as what is asked for??? 

Also,if they ask for more pictures,can i send the same ones because i didnt go back to see him a 3rd time and i dont have new pictures? If they ask for another letter of intent to marry in 90 days do i send tge same and update the date,or write a new one? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH 

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 1/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Kween said:

Repost  from June  page because,i would like to get as much advice as i can.

CONFESSION TIME: I know for a fact this question was asked,but do to my lack of faith at that moment i didnt pay attition.please forgive me.

Question(s): I am recieving a rfe in the mail this week. After being apart of this wonderful VJ family (even tho I feel like the black sheep of the familly) I know for a fact that I forgot to send 

1. Both passport photos

2. Benif,intent letter (fiance)

3.Back of my birth certificate (petitioner)

4.All pages if passport,only sent stamped pages

5.Proof that we were both in DR at same time,concidering he is from Haiti but lives there. 

My question is if i get the rfe and it doesnt ask for everything that is missed,should i only send wht they ask for,or should i send every thing i know i missed as well as what is asked for??? 

Also,if they ask for more pictures,can i send the same ones because i didnt go back to see him a 3rd time and i dont have new pictures? If they ask for another letter of intent to marry in 90 days do i send tge same and update the date,or write a new one? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH 

Their most definitely going to ask for all of these items if you missed them because they are apart of the evidence and required documents. Also you wouldn't need all the pages of your passport only if your using it as proof your an american citizen but you have a birth certificate (just missing the back copy) however you will need a copy of the information page if you used the passport stamp as proof of having met.Pictures are considered secondary evidence so i doubt they would ask for more however if you havent sent copys of bank statements, plane ticket ,itinerary ,air bnb or hotel recipients  are all acceptable documents you met in person. Last if they do require a new letter of intent i would update the date as well as fresh signatures from you and your fiance hope this helped 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
3 hours ago, AntoinetteB said:

Their most definitely going to ask for all of these items if you missed them because they are apart of the evidence and required documents. Also you wouldn't need all the pages of your passport only if your using it as proof your an american citizen but you have a birth certificate (just missing the back copy) however you will need a copy of the information page if you used the passport stamp as proof of having met.Pictures are considered secondary evidence so i doubt they would ask for more however if you havent sent copys of bank statements, plane ticket ,itinerary ,air bnb or hotel recipients  are all acceptable documents you met in person. Last if they do require a new letter of intent i would update the date as well as fresh signatures from you and your fiance hope this helped 

Thank you so much i just opened my rfe. They asked for petitioner passport photo and letter of intent from bbeneficiary.... We are confussed....Its saying  a letter of intent from her ,but my fiance is a man not a women. Does that matter? and it says a passport photo for only me  but it says each picture,i never sent one for my fiance so should i send his to?

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline

Possible its a type O because ypu need two letters of intent one for each of you and two passport photos one for each of you sometimes they loose things be safe and send one for the both of you 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
5 hours ago, AntoinetteB said:

Possible its a type O because ypu need two letters of intent one for each of you and two passport photos one for each of you sometimes they loose things be safe and send one for the both of you 

thank you I will also send another on for me as well

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello All,  I'm very fortunate this community exists and appreciate all of the informative posts.  I have an RFE coming soon in the mail, and the NOA1date was on July 20,2017.  We hired a company to help ensure the process goes smoothly, and I can't even imagine what sort of evidence we will be required to provide.  I'm extremely anxious to get this rectified, and figured we would be getting our NOA2 any day, and instead, more delays because of this.  I've been told the delay could be from 30-90 days, which makes me ill.  What is the general wait time from the time the USCIS gets the proper information from me, and what could they possibly want?  Thanks 

Timeline
2 hours ago, skube50 said:

Hello All,  I'm very fortunate this community exists and appreciate all of the informative posts.  I have an RFE coming soon in the mail, and the NOA1date was on July 20,2017.  We hired a company to help ensure the process goes smoothly, and I can't even imagine what sort of evidence we will be required to provide.  I'm extremely anxious to get this rectified, and figured we would be getting our NOA2 any day, and instead, more delays because of this.  I've been told the delay could be from 30-90 days, which makes me ill.  What is the general wait time from the time the USCIS gets the proper information from me, and what could they possibly want?  Thanks 

What makes you think your getting an Rfe are you missing something?

Timeline

I was notified via email that the USCIS is sending out a letter for a RFE which will explain exactly what they need.  I will hopefully be getting the letter very soon.  I've had three professionals check the visa application before it was sent and it was approved by all three and then sent in to the USCIS -  this is why I'm confused.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, skube50 said:

I was notified via email that the USCIS is sending out a letter for a RFE which will explain exactly what they need.  I will hopefully be getting the letter very soon.  I've had three professionals check the visa application before it was sent and it was approved by all three and then sent in to the USCIS -  this is why I'm confused.  

Professionals aren't that professional on k1.

you will receive rfe 4days to 2 weeks

then after they receive the rfe depending on how big it was it can take as little as 6 days up to 60 days.

so I would just review k1 guidelines here and try to figure out what can it be. If you can't come up with something, receive the letter and ask again here ;) 

Timeline

THanks for your replies  .  The only thing I can think of is my passport type pics.  I had my passport renewed in January of 2017 and had a few extra pics laying around, so I used them for the application which was sent in  July.  Technically the USCIS  wants  pics that are within 30 days old, and these were way over that, and they may have seen this.   This is the only thing I think it could be.  Would they raise a fuss about this?

Edited by skube50

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, skube50 said:

THanks for your replies  .  The only thing I can think of is my passport type pics.  I had my passport renewed in January of 2017 and had a few extra pics laying around, so I used them for the application which was sent in  July.  Technically the USCIS  wants  pics that are within 30 days old, and these were way over that, and they may have seen this.   This is the only thing I think it could be.  Would they raise a fuss about this?

Yep they may.

Timeline

Hello everyone. I know rfe can take 6-60 days. But i would like to know,from those of you that recieved a response after rfe can you please tell me how many days it took you all. Please. 

rfe send: Jan 22nd

I got hard copy: Jan 25th

Sent back in next day mail: Jan 26th

Closed on sat:Jan 27th

Received by USCIS:Jan 29th

I wod like to know the adverage time frame from you guys here. Thanks 

I'm praying for us all 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.