Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

As per the USCIS website, they received our RFE on October 5, 2015 but until now we didn't receive an approval yet. Is there anything we can do to follow up until when the process will be done?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As per the USCIS website, they received our RFE on October 5, 2015 but until now we didn't receive an approval yet. Is there anything we can do to follow up until when the process will be done?

They have 60 days from the date it was received to process your RFE. If they have not processed it by then I would try calling them first to get an answer. After an additional couple of weeks you could possibly get your congressman involved, but I certainly hope it doesn't come to that!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Timeline

Hi, I have several questions.

The last RFE entry appears to be back on 8/22/15.

Is this Google doc/log no longer being updated or am I viewing it wrong?

I don't see any RFE's regarding IMB and IMBRA

and finally if you think you are going to get an RFE is it ok or advisable to send in additional info BEFORE you get the RFE?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

and finally if you think you are going to get an RFE is it ok or advisable to send in additional info BEFORE you get the RFE?

Thanks

What is MB and MBRA?

Timeline

Thanks

First let me apologize for the delay in my response. Jon is currently visiting and Thanksgiving kept me a bit busier than usual! So sorry!

The google doc is still being updated by me, however the recent people who have received an RFE did not reply to this post with a full description of their RFE, what they sent back, or an update that it was approved. Without this information I can't update the list.

I did not include RFE's regarding the IMBRA questionnaire since when everything was moved over into this forum Vermont was processing a batch RFE for IMBRA when the law changed. However, there are instances where the questionnaire that was added for IMBRA was not filled out entirely and caused an RFE for leaving questions blank. This you can see in the list caused quite a few RFE's to be sent. I also did not include IMBRA in this list because after the original batch request there weren't many RFE's regarding IMBRA and also since there is a sub forum that is strictly dealing with IMBRA and all questions regarding IMBRA I did not want to take away from that forum all the helpful information that is provided daily.

People in the past have sent information in prior to receiving an RFE such as they realized they forgot to include their letters of intent and sent them in, but they only did this after receiving their NOA 1 so that they knew which office to send it to and what their case number was. From the few people who have done this there wasn't much of an issue, but some people who tried to beat their RFE received one anyway. As far as sending in your response before you receive your paper copy DO NOT do this. If you receive an RFE notice via email or text, you must wait for your paper version which explains what you are missing and what you need to send in.

Let me know if you need any other help!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

TSC received our RFE response on November 4th and no updates still, they touched it on the 13th, but that was it. Getting kind of worried since it was only asking for a signature that was missing on G-325. We sent it kind of late though. If it could take up to two months then I guess we shouldn't be so worried though, right?

Timeline

TSC received our RFE response on November 4th and no updates still, they touched it on the 13th, but that was it. Getting kind of worried since it was only asking for a signature that was missing on G-325. We sent it kind of late though. If it could take up to two months then I guess we shouldn't be so worried though, right?

Correct,

They do have up to 60 days to respond to you and since unfortunately your petition when was worked by Texas they are still taking a bit longer to respond to RFE's than CSC. Other members who sent their RFE to TSC seemed to have gotten a response at about 6 weeks from what I can tell. Hopefully they will work it and get you a response soon since I imagine you have already been waiting quite a while for a response!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Correct,

They do have up to 60 days to respond to you and since unfortunately your petition when was worked by Texas they are still taking a bit longer to respond to RFE's than CSC. Other members who sent their RFE to TSC seemed to have gotten a response at about 6 weeks from what I can tell. Hopefully they will work it and get you a response soon since I imagine you have already been waiting quite a while for a response!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thanks! Hopefully we'll get a reply soon, I'll let you know. We sent everything in March so it's been a really long process so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I thought that the Beneficiary does not have to include his/her birth certificate during the initial phase of the petition. Yet, I see so many people who got an RFE because it is missing the beneficiary's birth certificate? I thought the beneficiary should present the birth certificate at the interview and not at the initial petition?

What is the deal with the birth certificate?

Timeline

I thought that the Beneficiary does not have to include his/her birth certificate during the initial phase of the petition. Yet, I see so many people who got an RFE because it is missing the beneficiary's birth certificate? I thought the beneficiary should present the birth certificate at the interview and not at the initial petition?

What is the deal with the birth certificate?

Here is a list of what is required. Nothing more and nothing less.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Exactly - it doesn't mention a birth certificate for the beneficiary, only for the petitioner. So why are people getting an RFE for not including a birth certificate for the beneficiary?

Here is a list of what is required. Nothing more and nothing less.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Timeline

Exactly - it doesn't mention a birth certificate for the beneficiary, only for the petitioner. So why are people getting an RFE for not including a birth certificate for the beneficiary?

Could you please show us a link to where this is happening?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.