Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2017 at 3:02 PM, Elisaveta said:

What documents did you send to NVC? All documents are sent to USCIS during the i129 pettition for alien fiance. 

Hi, yes all documents was sent to NVC and i just have the medical records, police clearance and photos was presented during the interview. I got the approval but the thing the consul told me that I will be receiving the passport and visa in 7-10 days and until now the last message i received in my email was when they were asking about the address of my petitioner which i replied.... does it really takes long to receive the passport and visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi :) I don't know if this is a stupid question or if this is even the right place to ask this question, but here goes...

I was going back through my i129f and i came across one tiny stupid little mistake...we filled out the biographic information about myself (the beneficiary) instead of my fiance! so annoying!!

Is this something that the officers would overlook because they will be able to tell my fiance's biographic information roughly from the pictures we sent in, or do you think we will definitely get an RFE to correct this mistake?

Also, if we do get an RFE how long will it take to get the NOA2 after we send it back in?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
20 hours ago, SocratesJohnson said:

I'm going through the same worry. The U.K. passport booth photos are so similar to ours, all I really paid attention to was the 2 x 2 and white background....the dimensions are the same to the naked eye as well. I'm now wishing I had my fiancé take a new photo when he was here. 

Just FYI, we did not have any problems even with the smaller photo. The i129f was approved and now we are about to schedule the interview with the Consulate in Madrid.  Good luck to you!

Filed: Timeline
34 minutes ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

Just FYI, we did not have any problems even with the smaller photo. The i129f was approved and now we are about to schedule the interview with the Consulate in Madrid.  Good luck to you!

Oh that's encouraging to hear! We spent like 6 hours perfecting the I-29F, I would be so mad at myself if that causes an RFE! Thanks for the well wishes, and good luck to you, too! You must be so excited! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 12:53 PM, Peot said:

We had submitted a relationship history that was far too detailed. Had to cut it back to a few small paragraphs. We also needed to scan and send passport stamps (this was before i-94 was required on the form).

Hello, if you dont mind me asking, how long was your relationship history description? Im starting to get worried about my petition because my description was little over 1 page. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 10:57 PM, GjPaga said:

Hello, if you dont mind me asking, how long was your relationship history description? Im starting to get worried about my petition because my description was little over 1 page. 

Sorry for the delayed response. It was just over half a page when all was said and done.... just  a few paragraphs.

Don't worry about things like this though. No need to worry about a petition, even if you get an RFE;)

Edited by Peot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My RFE was sent back and put in the USCIS po box on 10/25. How long from the po box to a response?

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We met on Global Penfriends - a pen pal site. Should I send the T&Cs for the site with the K1 visa form just in case? At the moment our draft form just says we were pen pals for many months before we met in person. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 10/27/2017 at 2:36 PM, Sarah66 said:

We met on Global Penfriends - a pen pal site. Should I send the T&Cs for the site with the K1 visa form just in case? At the moment our draft form just says we were pen pals for many months before we met in person. 

Yes, I think you should.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 7:14 PM, Lorna&Alex said:

Hi :) I don't know if this is a stupid question or if this is even the right place to ask this question, but here goes...

I was going back through my i129f and i came across one tiny stupid little mistake...we filled out the biographic information about myself (the beneficiary) instead of my fiance! so annoying!!

Is this something that the officers would overlook because they will be able to tell my fiance's biographic information roughly from the pictures we sent in, or do you think we will definitely get an RFE to correct this mistake?

Also, if we do get an RFE how long will it take to get the NOA2 after we send it back in?

Some did get an RFE for that. It will take about 2-3 weeks (after they received your response) to get NOA2 after that.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey all,

We have started a new spread sheet to trace RFE's for Fiance visa's. If you have received a RFE in 2017 please fill out the following spreadsheet will help with RFE to approval time frame.. (you are able to add to it your self)

Edited by Shoegum

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Need K-1 Practical Help References

I am U.S. citizen, engaged to a Colombian Woman I have known for 4 years. 

I have hired a service in Medellin to help with the K-1 application but they are very disorganized and I don't have a lot of faith in them. 

I have read the Nolo Press book, Marriage and Fiance Visas, all relevant instructions and comments I can find on this site. 

If anyone has any other links where to find more information to compile the application, I would appreciate it. 

I will submit the application in early Dec. when I return to the states. 

Our timeline is tight to hopefully get it approved and the visa for her and her daughter by July during the U.S. school break. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Kimo1618 said:

Need K-1 Practical Help References

I am U.S. citizen, engaged to a Colombian Woman I have known for 4 years. 

I have hired a service in Medellin to help with the K-1 application but they are very disorganized and I don't have a lot of faith in them. 

I have read the Nolo Press book, Marriage and Fiance Visas, all relevant instructions and comments I can find on this site. 

If anyone has any other links where to find more information to compile the application, I would appreciate it. 

I will submit the application in early Dec. when I return to the states. 

Our timeline is tight to hopefully get it approved and the visa for her and her daughter by July during the U.S. school break. 

Hi Kimo! Congratulations to you and your fiancée, and also welcome to the site. 

1st advice, DO NOT SPEND a penny on lawyers and services or anything, unless your case is really complicated. 

2nd, read the guides then read the forums talking about K1 process and all.

My then fiancé now husband and I followed step by step and  guides here, what documents to provide and we got approved in a 5months timeframe. 

This site has helped me a lot, and continues to do so. Try and you’ll see. 

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Thanks Nina&Way for your reply:  I definitely made a mistake and hired a "legal" firm in Medellin to prepare and organize the I-129F and supporting docs. Paid up front. BIG MISTAKE. I won't go into details but they have screwed everything up. They are completely disorganized and multiple errors on forms. I am redoing everything myself. For others reading this, it is NOT THAT COMPLICATED. Study Nolo Press Fiance and Marriage visa book, learn from this site and I'm sure you will have no problem. If in Medellin, Colombia - avoid Colombian Legal and Accounting (James Lyndsey). They will know less than you know. Thanks to VisaJourney site for all the support and info. 

Guys, got some Qs here:

1. What sort ofincome proof should my fiance provide for affidavit? A letter from the employer, tax returns?

2. Should I myself provide any income proof?
3. What should my fiance write in his Letter of intent?
4. Letters / assurances from some respected person - from who? A pastor who's to marry us? Who else? 

many thanks! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.