f2b retention letter submission of additional docs

56 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

how long did you wait for the petition?

For f2b? I'd say 10 years or more. In my case, 13 years. :clock:

Timeline

it may take 1 to 2 weeks, just check your status https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx here.

if approved they will just send the packet to 2GO for pickup or deliver.

Thanks, i still have my jetlag. : )

Thank you!!! Sent our documents a few days ago. :)

Timeline

how long did you wait for the petition?

Our priority date is sept 2004. We received a letter in 2014 informing us that our visas are ready for processing. The whole process, gathering and submission of documents, waiting for replies, took about a year. For some, it may take only a few months. Then you have to wait for the interview schedule. We had our interview early this month. So all in all, it took us more than 11 years to complete everything.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

yup and thanks!

by the way anyone who needs to ask something just asked, glad to help!

Hi! It was a relief when I saw this thread. I'm not sure if my case was same as yours. Originally, F2B din kami. Although nachange yung category namin to F1 since na naturalize yung father ko nung 2008. Our NVC processing started on February 2015. Last July 2015, I was able to find out the possibility of having it changed back to F2B so I applied for the F2B retention and got it approved a month after (Aug 25 2015). By that time, our case was still processing at NVC. Just recently, Feb 10 2016, to be exact, we had a case complete status for nvc. And they said that they're going to schedule us for an interview. However, based on the letter, NVC thought that our category is still F1. So I called, and confirmed it so. For the reason that they will be the ones to schedule our interview, I am afraid that we won't be able to get an earlier appointment date if they are basing it on F1 category. Our priority date is Dec 6 2004 and as of now, we have been 'current' in the F2B category already. But not in the F1. I want to know what happened to your case maybe you can help me out. I want to be in the US as early as possible so that we'll be there on my son's 18th birthday on May. What a great birthday gift would that be. Did you have the same case? How long did it take before they schedule your interview from the day you had a case complete status? Please reply to my message as soon as possible. Maraming salamat. :)

Timeline

Our priority date is sept 2004. We received a letter in 2014 informing us that our visas are ready for processing. The whole process, gathering and submission of documents, waiting for replies, took about a year. For some, it may take only a few months. Then you have to wait for the interview schedule. We had our interview early this month. So all in all, it took us more than 11 years to complete everything.

Hi! F2B din ba kayo na naging F1? Gaano katagal bago naischedule yung interview niyo after mag case complete sa NVC? I think I have the same problem. Only difference is I already have my F2B retention approval letter although natatakot ako na baka hindi agad kami maischedule ng interview or malayong date yung maibigay sa amin kasi ang alam ng NVC ay F1 pa rin kami. Please help. Thank you. :)

Case Complete: Feb 10 2016

Priority Date: Dec 6 2004

Current cut-off dates for February 2016:

F1: Nov 1 2003

F2B: Feb 1 2005 (Current)

Timeline

Hi! It was a relief when I saw this thread. I'm not sure if my case was same as yours. Originally, F2B din kami. Although nachange yung category namin to F1 since na naturalize yung father ko nung 2008. Our NVC processing started on February 2015. Last July 2015, I was able to find out the possibility of having it changed back to F2B so I applied for the F2B retention and got it approved a month after (Aug 25 2015). By that time, our case was still processing at NVC. Just recently, Feb 10 2016, to be exact, we had a case complete status for nvc. And they said that they're going to schedule us for an interview. However, based on the letter, NVC thought that our category is still F1. So I called, and confirmed it so. For the reason that they will be the ones to schedule our interview, I am afraid that we won't be able to get an earlier appointment date if they are basing it on F1 category. Our priority date is Dec 6 2004 and as of now, we have been 'current' in the F2B category already. But not in the F1. I want to know what happened to your case maybe you can help me out. I want to be in the US as early as possible so that we'll be there on my son's 18th birthday on May. What a great birthday gift would that be. Did you have the same case? How long did it take before they schedule your interview from the day you had a case complete status? Please reply to my message as soon as possible. Maraming salamat. :)

Hi! As far as I know, if your category type is originally F2B, even if you automatically get converted to F1, they will still process everything under the original visa category. That's what happened to us. We got the letter from NVC in July2014 stating that pur case is ready for processing. It just took us quite a while to complete all the required documents since there are six of us so It was already more than a year after, November 2015, when we satisfied all that's needed for us to be scheduled for an interview. They informed us in December2015 that we are scheduled for an interview in January2016.

If you already have a case complete status, don't worry. You just have to wait for instructions from the NVC. It usually takes them 30-60 days to process eveything. You'll probably hear from them next month. :) God bless!

Timeline

Hi! F2B din ba kayo na naging F1? Gaano katagal bago naischedule yung interview niyo after mag case complete sa NVC? I think I have the same problem. Only difference is I already have my F2B retention approval letter although natatakot ako na baka hindi agad kami maischedule ng interview or malayong date yung maibigay sa amin kasi ang alam ng NVC ay F1 pa rin kami. Please help. Thank you. :)

Case Complete: Feb 10 2016

Priority Date: Dec 6 2004

Current cut-off dates for February 2016:

F1: Nov 1 2003

F2B: Feb 1 2005 (Current)

Just be sure to bring the following to your interview (not everything is listed in the letter you will receive from NVC or in the website of the US embassy):

F2B retention notice of approval

Cenomar (NSO copy)

Complete financial documents of petitioner (W2 form)

Certificate of naturalization of petitioner

Edited by Maria16

Timeline

Hi! As far as I know, if your category type is originally F2B, even if you automatically get converted to F1, they will still process everything under the original visa category. That's what happened to us. We got the letter from NVC in July2014 stating that pur case is ready for processing. It just took us quite a while to complete all the required documents since there are six of us so It was already more than a year after, November 2015, when we satisfied all that's needed for us to be scheduled for an interview. They informed us in December2015 that we are scheduled for an interview in January2016.

If you already have a case complete status, don't worry. You just have to wait for instructions from the NVC. It usually takes them 30-60 days to process eveything. You'll probably hear from them next month. :) God bless!

Thank you so much! Nagsimula po talaga kasi yung NVC processing namin sa F2B category, pero nung sumunod na months nachange na siya sa F1, that time lang siguro nila napansin. Pero hanggang ngayon, ganun pa rin even sa latest letter na natanggap namin. Dun po ba sa letter niyo about case complete status, ano pong category type ang stated? :)

Timeline

Thank you so much! Nagsimula po talaga kasi yung NVC processing namin sa F2B category, pero nung sumunod na months nachange na siya sa F1, that time lang siguro nila napansin. Pero hanggang ngayon, ganun pa rin even sa latest letter na natanggap namin. Dun po ba sa letter niyo about case complete status, ano pong category type ang stated? :)

F2B. You have your retention approval already so don't worry :)

Timeline

F2B. You have your retention approval already so don't worry :)

Thank you. But I still don't know. I can't help but to worry. I was given the option to send the F2B retention notice of approval letter to NVC via email, but I'm afraid it might reopen our case. I'm planning to call them every 2 weeks to check if they had scheduled us an interview already. Is it possible to request for an earlier date in case they give us a later one?

Timeline

Thank you. But I still don't know. I can't help but to worry. I was given the option to send the F2B retention notice of approval letter to NVC via email, but I'm afraid it might reopen our case. I'm planning to call them every 2 weeks to check if they had scheduled us an interview already. Is it possible to request for an earlier date in case they give us a later one?

I don't think you need to send a copy of the F2B retention approval to the NVC. Just bring the letter to your embassy interview. Make sure to photocopy everything because they will keep the original copies of your documents. The W2 form should also be original.

Assuming that you will hear from NVC 30 days from now, your interview will most probably be in April. We got the notice in December and the interview was for January, so that's a one-month wait. I never tried calling to follow up, but maybe you can do that. I'm not sure though if you can request for an earlier schedule. No harm in trying :)

I don't think anyone gets denied during the interview (for immigrant visas). If documents are lacking, they will just ask you to send them the additional documents. They will keep the passports until they receive the remaining docs. I also got quite a scare when they asked for the F2B retention approval DURING our interview. Before then, we didn't know about the retention stuff. But the consuls were nice. It took us about a month to get the approval and now, we're just waiting for our passports to be delivered.

As long as you have all the needed documents, you'll be fine :)

Timeline

I don't think you need to send a copy of the F2B retention approval to the NVC. Just bring the letter to your embassy interview. Make sure to photocopy everything because they will keep the original copies of your documents. The W2 form should also be original.

Assuming that you will hear from NVC 30 days from now, your interview will most probably be in April. We got the notice in December and the interview was for January, so that's a one-month wait. I never tried calling to follow up, but maybe you can do that. I'm not sure though if you can request for an earlier schedule. No harm in trying :)

I don't think anyone gets denied during the interview (for immigrant visas). If documents are lacking, they will just ask you to send them the additional documents. They will keep the passports until they receive the remaining docs. I also got quite a scare when they asked for the F2B retention approval DURING our interview. Before then, we didn't know about the retention stuff. But the consuls were nice. It took us about a month to get the approval and now, we're just waiting for our passports to be delivered.

As long as you have all the needed documents, you'll be fine :)

Ohhh. I just hope the process will go smooth for us. Thank you so much for your help. :)

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi, hope someone can answer my question. I submitted my f2b retention letter last may 3, 2017.. how long will it take for me to get the approval notice? Thanks

• 11 months later...
On 1/18/2016 at 1:50 AM, Maria16 said:

You need to submit more documents along with the F2B retention letter. The person at Window 5 should have instructed you to go upstairs to inquire at the Department of Homeland Security for the requirements. You need a cenomar, the certificate of naturalization of the petitioner and Form I-130.

hi.  I have the same scenario now with my brother's petition.  Do you mind sharing the entire process?  Your response will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.