Arelys Weimer

NEBRASKA NOA2 DATE ARRIVED

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

My husband started my visa petition in the US. We got the NOA1 and we're currently waiting on the NOA2.

We were supposed to get it by October 6, but we havent. We've seen the data regarding the USCIS in this website and it shows they already passed that processing date, Also, I've checked Case numbers that were after us at the USCIS website and it shows that they were processed already. Same with the ones before.

I'm starting to get a bit worried, so my husband called the USCIS. The lady at the service center said that Nebraska is presenting a delay and it might be about two more months before we hear about our case.

Im a bit sad because we were planning to expedite once it arrived to the NVC given that my country (Venezuela) is facing an humanitarian crisis.

I've heard that sometimes its the USCIS official that dont have the full information so they just give you the run around. So what should I do?

Should I keep waiting?

Call again? Or just keep calling until someone gives me some information regarding my case?

Send an email?

I feel like I can barely take this, to be honest. This is tearing me and my husband apart =(

Help please!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are having the same situation, ours is a K1, being processed in the California Service Center, according to the dates we should had heard from them last week, but nothing so far. should we call? should we wait?

Well the lady also said that the Nebraska center is the one thats closest up to date.

Says all the other ones are presenting delays for over 3 months.

But thats not what the data according to this website says. And im following timelines close to mine as well and theyre getting approved in Nebraska, in the same month i am. Im hopeful that this lady was wrong or just didnt even care enough to give him the right information; because thinking of it differently would just break my heart...

its been almost 2 years since i got married... Omg! Let me be with my husband already!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Our 5 month date WAS October 8th. That is how long we were told the Nebraska center takes, on average, but they did tell us we would her from there from about that time to a week after. I think the last time my wife checked on Friday (October 9th), they were currently processing applications from May 4th 2015. Ours was received by them on May 8th.

We have not heard anything about any delay and I don't put too much faith in the shown time frame they have online because it is sometimes all over the place. In July, they said they were processing January 2014 applications which caused a great deal of concern, yet folks who filed in February of 2015 were getting their NOA2s in July (5 months) or as little as 4 months and 2 weeks. One of those couples is right here on this site.

Yes, the wait is killing us. My wife is really being crushed and her sadness is wearing me down as i try to stay strong for both of us. I mean, I know the USCIS did not tell me to go out there and fall madly in love with someone from overseas and they have to protect the U.S borders from just allowing any and everybody in , but the system sucks and moves like pain running down a wall. It definitely is one area of the government that could use some reform and more bodies to streamline and expedite this process better.

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/21/15

I-130 Sent: 5/03/15

NOA1: 5/08/15

NOA2 (approval): 10/26/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 11/12/15

NVC Scan Date: 12/2/15

Paid AOS fee: 12/04/15

Paid IV fee: 12/04/15

AOS & IV Package sent: 12/16/15

NVC Case Complete: 1/26/16

Interview Date: 4/27/16

Interview Result: Approved!!!

Our 5 month date WAS October 8th. That is how long we were told the Nebraska center takes, on average, but they did tell us we would her from there from about that time to a week after. I think the last time my wife checked on Friday (October 9th), they were currently processing applications from May 4th 2015. Ours was received by them on May 8th.

We have not heard anything about any delay and I don't put too much faith in the shown time frame they have online because it is sometimes all over the place. In July, they said they were processing January 2014 applications which caused a great deal of concern, yet folks who filed in February of 2015 were getting their NOA2s in July (5 months) or as little as 4 months and 2 weeks. One of those couples is right here on this site.

Yes, the wait is killing us. My wife is really being crushed and her sadness is wearing me down as i try to stay strong for both of us. I mean, I know the USCIS did not tell me to go out there and fall madly in love with someone from overseas and they have to protect the U.S borders from just allowing any and everybody in , but the system sucks and moves like pain running down a wall. It definitely is one area of the government that could use some reform and more bodies to streamline and expedite this process better.

But you havent gotten the NOA2?

Maybe waiting another week and see.. Since thats the information you got as well.

I wish you and your wife and happy and loving journey. Im currently going through this and its killing me!!

The reform is not just possible, its necessary! Enough is enough USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone!

My husband started my visa petition in the US. We got the NOA1 and we're currently waiting on the NOA2.

We were supposed to get it by October 6, but we havent. We've seen the data regarding the USCIS in this website and it shows they already passed that processing date, Also, I've checked Case numbers that were after us at the USCIS website and it shows that they were processed already. Same with the ones before.

I'm starting to get a bit worried, so my husband called the USCIS. The lady at the service center said that Nebraska is presenting a delay and it might be about two more months before we hear about our case.

Im a bit sad because we were planning to expedite once it arrived to the NVC given that my country (Venezuela) is facing an humanitarian crisis.

I've heard that sometimes its the USCIS official that dont have the full information so they just give you the run around. So what should I do?

Should I keep waiting?

Call again? Or just keep calling until someone gives me some information regarding my case?

Send an email?

I feel like I can barely take this, to be honest. This is tearing me and my husband apart =(

Help please!

So you submitted a I-129F and a I-130? That could be why you are delayed. Many who do both are delayed quite abit instead of just the I-130. I haven't seen NSC go pass 5 months in over a year (sure maybe a week off here and there) but they are pretty much on point.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

But you havent gotten the NOA2?

Maybe waiting another week and see.. Since thats the information you got as well.

I wish you and your wife and happy and loving journey. Im currently going through this and its killing me!!

The reform is not just possible, its necessary! Enough is enough USCIS!

Oh, I did not see you submitted a different from from us. You're doing the K3. We did the long route and that is supposed to take 5 months so yes, we are waiting.

Thank you so much for your well wishes. It is so weird that the most passionate loving relationship I have EVER had is the one that is the one where the person is not with me. I cannot wait for this to end because we need to be together. Not all of us have that kind of money to make monthly trips to far flung places. I can only say thank the heavens for modern technology, but still, nothing beats the person actually being here.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

So you submitted a I-129F and a I-130? That could be why you are delayed. Many who do both are delayed quite abit instead of just the I-130. I haven't seen NSC go pass 5 months in over a year (sure maybe a week off here and there) but they are pretty much on point.

Yeah, exactly!

That woman is in the USCIS just almost make me lose it lol. Im praying the that shes wrong. Im seeing the timelines here and im going to give it another week before i start worrying.

Thank you for the reply =)

Oh, I did not see you submitted a different from from us. You're doing the K3. We did the long route and that is supposed to take 5 months so yes, we are waiting.

Thank you so much for your well wishes. It is so weird that the most passionate loving relationship I have EVER had is the one that is the one where the person is not with me. I cannot wait for this to end because we need to be together. Not all of us have that kind of money to make monthly trips to far flung places. I can only say thank the heavens for modern technology, but still, nothing beats the person actually being here.

Oh wow, yeah! We submitted different ones.

And yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Im going through the same with my husband. This process is soooo draining and unfair.

Timeline

Oh wow, yeah! We submitted different ones.

And yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Im going through the same with my husband. This process is soooo draining and unfair.

Yeah, I just called them and now they are saying they are up to MARCH 13th when on Friday they were at MAY 4th. This is why I cannot keep up with their system that goes all over the place.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Arelys,

I know being apart from your husband is very difficult. I was away from my husband for our 1st year of marriage, because he was in the military.

Patience is a virtue, and on the positive note, if your marriage survives so much time apart, it will only be stronger once you are together.

I see a lot of people in our situations (waiting), who are here everyday, checking other's timelines, checking the USCIS online website, and driving themselves NUTS... each case is completely different, even if your timelines look familiar... For example, I have noticed cases in which beneficiaries are from the Phillipines are approved a lot faster than others (according to VJ timelines), and cases in the California Service Center as well. So, don't compare your timeline to theirs, or it will drive you crazy.

I submitted an I-130 for my mother at the Nebraska Service Center in March and it took them exactly 172 days - 5.65 Months to get approved... even though I was watching timelines "similar to mine" and they were all being approved but mine and according to their processing times from the USCIS web itself it was saying it would take about 5 months. I see you filed in May 2015, correct? According to the USCIS website you case would take about 5 months... October isn't over yet :)

Check it out here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcRV9u8w3Supe7yodObv

Good luck, have patience :)

Edited by VZLAN-US-Citizen
CURRENT PROCESS:
I-130 for Mom in Venezuela (Approved) - On To NVC Processing
MM - DD
03-13 - Sent I-130 Package To Phoenix, AZ
03-14 - Package Delivered
03-19 - Received Text from USCIS case was received, and Receipt #.
03-19 - Received E-mail from USCIS case was accepted and routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
03-19 - Opened account on USCIS.gov to check case status
03-23 - Received the Form I-797C Notice of Action Priority Date March 16th, 2015
08-06 - Received e-mail notice RFE Letter would be sent.
08-10 - Received RFE (PROOF OF NAME CHANGE for Mom)
08-19 - Sent RFE Response
08-21 - USCIS Received my response to RFE
08-21 - Received e-mail notice "Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review"
09-01 - Received e-mail I-130 was approved
I-130 Approved in 172 days - 5.65 Months
09-10 - I-797, Notice of Action sent to me by mail
09-14 - Received I-797, Notice of Action I-130 Approved
09-17 - Received Text from USCIS case status is updated online
09-17 - Received Email from USCIS: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-17 - Checked online status: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-22 - NVC Received my case
10-01 - NVC Assigned Case Number
10-02 - NVC Date of Welcome Letter to Petitioner
10-05 - NVC Welcome Letter Envelope Postage Stamp Date
10-06 - Called NVC and got Case # and Invoice #
10-06 - Logged in Online and Completed COA form DS-261 & AOS Payment
10-08 - Called NVC - Case still locked for approval of COA & Payment of IV Fee
10-09 - Received NVC Welcome Letter, AOS Bill & Document Cover Sheet
10-14 - Called NVC Got COA Reviewed Over The Phone
10-15 - Received IV Fee Invoice By Email
10-16 - Paid IV Fee
10-19 - IV Fee Appears as PAID and DS-260 IV Application OPEN
MM - DD
03-31 - Sent AOS & IV Packets to NVC Overnighted
04-01 - Packages delivered to NVC
04-02 - Completed and Submitted DS-260 IV Application Online
04-02 - NVC SCAN DATE
05-02 - CASE COMPLETE!
05-09 - Received CC Email from NVC
05-09 - Received letter Re: updated mailing/email address for this case ???
05-16 - Received Email with INTERVIEW DATE (P4)
05-19 - Received actual INTERVIEW DATE (P4) letter in the mail
05-25 - NVC Sent Case To Embassy (CEAC Status Changed to In Transit)
06-28 - INTERVIEW DATE
06-28 APPROVED in 468 days FROM I-130 NOA1- 15.38 Months
08-28 - Point Of Entry POE Miami International Airport - Miami, Florida
09-09 - Received Social Security Number Card in the Mail (Middle Name Cut Off)
10-04 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Being Produced
10-07 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Has been Mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mine was in Missouri from April 2012 till October 2103 when they sent it to Nebraska for faster processing with a seperate note saying if i did not hear in 60 days send inquiry. i did after the holidays and it was lost as it still had Missouri codes MSC on it

Nebraska took till April 2014 to send to NVC

Good luck to you all

my timeline can't even cover my 3 applications and time

Well guys, I just got the news form my husband that we just got our NOA2

I guess i was worrying over nothing!!!

I dont know if they will send this to the national visa center or if they will send it to my country.

Does this update shows on the website? I dont know.

I just checked my status and it said my I-130 Was approved.

I was excited, and wanted to share with some people.. So May fillers at Nebraska, you will be getting news soon!

God bless!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well guys, I just got the news form my husband that we just got our NOA2

I guess i was worrying over nothing!!!

I dont know if they will send this to the national visa center or if they will send it to my country.

Does this update shows on the website? I dont know.

I just checked my status and it said my I-130 Was approved.

I was excited, and wanted to share with some people.. So May fillers at Nebraska, you will be getting news soon!

God bless!

No petition goes directly to embassy. They all go to NVC. Since yo have an approved I-130 the I-129F will be closed. Time to read up on The NVC Process and get all your documents in order now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Well guys, I just got the news form my husband that we just got our NOA2...

I dont know if they will send this to the national visa center or if they will send it to my country....

Does this update shows on the website? I dont know....

I just checked my status and it said my I-130 Was approved....

Arelys,

Congratulations. The next step is for USCIS to send your case over to the NVC. I would read this entire guide so you get familiar with the NVC process and steps:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

In my case, I received an e-mail first from USCIS letting me know my case was approved... then, 9 days later, they actually mailed the NOA2, which I received 4 days after they actually mailed it...

3 more days after that I received a text and an e-mail stating that my case status was changed... When I looked online it said case was sent to the Department of State...

5 days later, the NVC actually received my case... 9 days later they assigned my case a number (NVC Case Number) and Invoice #... A day after that they actually sent the NVC Welcome Letter... 15 Days later, I was able to get the Case Number from them via phone. ( I didn't wait to get the letter )... With that Number I Logged in Online and Completed COA form DS-261 & AOS Payment... and then 3 days after that is when I actually received the Welcome Letter in the mail...

So, as you see there are a lot of little steps here and you will have to wait a little more for each one of those... Get familiar with the process first, and then come back if you have any questions about it. I'm still in step 1!!!

CURRENT PROCESS:
I-130 for Mom in Venezuela (Approved) - On To NVC Processing
MM - DD
03-13 - Sent I-130 Package To Phoenix, AZ
03-14 - Package Delivered
03-19 - Received Text from USCIS case was received, and Receipt #.
03-19 - Received E-mail from USCIS case was accepted and routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
03-19 - Opened account on USCIS.gov to check case status
03-23 - Received the Form I-797C Notice of Action Priority Date March 16th, 2015
08-06 - Received e-mail notice RFE Letter would be sent.
08-10 - Received RFE (PROOF OF NAME CHANGE for Mom)
08-19 - Sent RFE Response
08-21 - USCIS Received my response to RFE
08-21 - Received e-mail notice "Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review"
09-01 - Received e-mail I-130 was approved
I-130 Approved in 172 days - 5.65 Months
09-10 - I-797, Notice of Action sent to me by mail
09-14 - Received I-797, Notice of Action I-130 Approved
09-17 - Received Text from USCIS case status is updated online
09-17 - Received Email from USCIS: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-17 - Checked online status: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-22 - NVC Received my case
10-01 - NVC Assigned Case Number
10-02 - NVC Date of Welcome Letter to Petitioner
10-05 - NVC Welcome Letter Envelope Postage Stamp Date
10-06 - Called NVC and got Case # and Invoice #
10-06 - Logged in Online and Completed COA form DS-261 & AOS Payment
10-08 - Called NVC - Case still locked for approval of COA & Payment of IV Fee
10-09 - Received NVC Welcome Letter, AOS Bill & Document Cover Sheet
10-14 - Called NVC Got COA Reviewed Over The Phone
10-15 - Received IV Fee Invoice By Email
10-16 - Paid IV Fee
10-19 - IV Fee Appears as PAID and DS-260 IV Application OPEN
MM - DD
03-31 - Sent AOS & IV Packets to NVC Overnighted
04-01 - Packages delivered to NVC
04-02 - Completed and Submitted DS-260 IV Application Online
04-02 - NVC SCAN DATE
05-02 - CASE COMPLETE!
05-09 - Received CC Email from NVC
05-09 - Received letter Re: updated mailing/email address for this case ???
05-16 - Received Email with INTERVIEW DATE (P4)
05-19 - Received actual INTERVIEW DATE (P4) letter in the mail
05-25 - NVC Sent Case To Embassy (CEAC Status Changed to In Transit)
06-28 - INTERVIEW DATE
06-28 APPROVED in 468 days FROM I-130 NOA1- 15.38 Months
08-28 - Point Of Entry POE Miami International Airport - Miami, Florida
09-09 - Received Social Security Number Card in the Mail (Middle Name Cut Off)
10-04 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Being Produced
10-07 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Has been Mailed

UPDATE

My case forwarded to the Department of State yesterday ^^ Just one day after it was approved in the USCIS.

I hope all May fillers are getting news as I am! Best of luck with all this process guys. I will keep you posted ^^

Edited by Arelys Weimer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.