JayKring

Married in US through K1 Visa back in Philippines after 2 weeks

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am new this site.. and need help from the experts here. Just got married last September 10, 2015 in Fargo, ND USA through a fiancee visa. I did not change my status and report our marriage after we got married there, because we only stay for 3 weeks and we really plan to leave the country after. Now my question is how and where can I file our marriage here in Philippines? Now we are planning to get a spousal visa for me, can we file that here (Philippines)?

You got through the K1 visa process, married in the US and now immediately want to leave and get married in the phillipines and then refile a spousal visa??? Why?

The K1 visa has been consumed on inbound through POE in US. Your marriage wasn't reported and haven't filed AoS so no Advance Parole.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Are you planning on living in the US? If so, why not sort out the paperwork before you leave? It seems like such a waste of time doing another visa!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

For now we planned in living here in Philippines, we have a BPO business here.. but we eventually end up living in US.. We just wanted to know as early us now if I can process the spousal visa here, and where can I report our marriage contracted abroad (US)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The CR1 visa is if YOU plan on living in the USA and not the Philippines. Even if you go through the CR1 and get a visa you have to live in the USA for a majority of the time, if you do not then they can and will revoke your green card. You only lived in the USA for two weeks, I do not consider that a long time at all. Why would you even go through the whole K1 visa process just to move back after just 2 weeks?

You probably have to go to the NSO to register your marriage with your marriage certificate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you already left the US without AOS and/or Advance Parole... you don't have any status or visa to re enter the country (K1 visa was already used and is one entry only for what you said you used it on September 10) You have to start all over with a spousal visa if you will live in the US, not to just visit the US...

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

For now we planned in living here in Philippines, we have a BPO business here.. but we eventually end up living in US.. We just wanted to know as early us now if I can process the spousal visa here, and where can I report our marriage contracted abroad (US)

Hi, what a weird process you are putting yourselves through. You could've just waited a few months and had a green card. Reporting marriage and getting a spousal visa is a long and tiring process. Buckle up and settle in for another year of paperwork.

That being said, my wife and I had to report our marriage at the Philippines consulate/embassy in the United States that had jurisdiction over the state where we got married (See this consulate finder). Because you were married in North Dakota, it looks like you will need to send all of your documents to the Philippines embassy located in Chicago, Illinois and correspond with them. The ideal situation would be to get someone to go there in person and file your documents for you. That way the process will be done in about an hour if you get expedited processing.

We filed our report of marriage at the Philippines consulate in Honolulu. We ended up waiting for about 3 months for the Philippines consulate to forward our paperwork on to the main DFA office. Once the DFA was finished with it we had to call them to get our batch and reference number so that we could verify that it was sent to the main NSO for processing. After it was finished processing at the NSO we ordered our paperwork from the NSO helpline website (A private contractor that processes paperwork at the NSO). After ordering it we had to wrestle with the NSO again because they claimed that the DFA never forwarded our paperwork. Only after sending them proof of our ROM did they give us the time of day.

Prepare to show proof and fight the Philippines bureaucracy at every step of the way. My wife and I have been dealing with them for almost 6 months straight and we still haven't got one document back that hasn't had an error on it. The NSO helpline (the for-profit organization) people are very good at their jobs and I would recommend ordering your documents from them. They have helped us fight to get our documents corrected and sent to us.

Edited by rjhansen142

I-612 Waiver of J1 Two Year Rule
12/31/2011 - Wife Entered U.S. on J-1 visa, Foreign Residence Requirement Applies
9/28/2013 - Married in the U.S.
7/23/2014 - NOA1 form I-612 for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement (Basis: Extreme Hardship)
8/8/2014 - RFE Received
11/14/2014 - NOA2 I-612 Waiver Denied, Could not establish hardship
12/15/2014 - Sent another I-612 packet to U.S. Dept of state (Basis: No-Objection Statement)
12/15/2014 - Sent in application to Philippines Govt. for No-Objection Statement
1/14/2015 - No Objection Statement granted
4 months of waiting - The Philippines Govt. forgot about us!!!!
5/8/2015 - After multiple calls and emails the No Objection Statement was finally transmitted to DOS
6/4/2015 - I-612 Waiver APPROVED!

IR-1 Visa
6/3/2015 - Sent I-130 to Phoenix Locbox
6/4/2015 - NOA1
108 Days of waiting
9/22/2015 - NOA2
9/24/2015 - Case sent to NVC
10/1/2015 - Case received at NVC
10/14/2015 - Case number assigned
10/15/2015 - AOS Fee Paid online
10/19/2015 - CEAC AOS Fee status changed to "Paid" - AOS and IV packets sent to NVC
10/27/2015 - DS-261 was reviewed over the phone
10/29/2015 - DS-261 confirmed complete (over phone) and IV Bill Received - Paid online immediately "In Process"
10/30/2015 - Scan Date
11/2/2015 - IV Bill marked "Paid" and DS-260 completed

12/4/2015 - Case Complete (need to bring 1 corrected doc to Embassy)

1/6/15 - Medical Exam Complete

1/19/2015 - Interview Date

1/22/2015 - Visa Received (yellow envelope damaged)

Timeline

The reason why this happen is that when we first started the K1 visa process, we planned to live in the US, but then my fiance, now husband, his company moved him to the Philippines to run an outsourcing office with me. So now we unexpectedly live in the Philippines but I want to have a visa to visit in the US anytime I want with my husband. So now I guess we have to start the spousal visa application process. I just wanted to know what exactly our next step in this unexpected situation?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am new this site.. and need help from the experts here. Just got married last September 10, 2015 in Fargo, ND USA through a fiancee visa. I did not change my status and report our marriage after we got married there, because we only stay for 3 weeks and we really plan to leave the country after. Now my question is how and where can I file our marriage here in Philippines? Now we are planning to get a spousal visa for me, can we file that here (Philippines)?

Reporting your marriage has to be done through the consulate (in the USA) that represents Fargo. This can be done by mail. (there is no requirement to do this in regards to getting a spousal visa)

As for the spousal visa from the Phils... yes you can do that from there, once the USC has been in country for 6 months or more, you would complete a DCF (Direct Consulate Filing), process takes roughly 60 days (much faster than the process when filing from the USA)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

A spousal visa is also with the intention to live in the US....

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

You can not get a spouse visa with the intent of living in the Philippines and visit USA with your husband when he comes to the US

For that you will need a visitor visa. To get that visa you will have to prove that you only want to visit and not stay in the USA. Being married to a US citizen will make it harder

When and if you and your husband are ready to move back to the US then you can do the spouse visa thru DCF

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

A spousal visa is also with the intention to live in the US....

You can not get a spouse visa with the intent of living in the Philippines and visit USA with your husband when he comes to the US

For that you will need a visitor visa. To get that visa you will have to prove that you only want to visit and not stay in the USA. Being married to a US citizen will make it harder

When and if you and your husband are ready to move back to the US then you can do the spouse visa thru DCF

Well that isn't quite true. If they have been married two years or more when they apply for the spousal visa, she will be issued a 10 year green card upon arrival in the USA. There is nothing that dictates she has to stay in the USA permanently, she could fly back to the Phils, stay for .. oh let's say... 6 months, come back to the States no worse for the wear. After 3 years of this, she will be able to apply for citizenship... then she can stay in the Phils for years and still have no issue returning.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.