cutie bear

B1/B2 application - Interview (Manila) [merged threads]

21 posts in this topic

Luck usually is not a factor.

Can be.. rare occasion.

Those denied B2 2-3 times suddenly end up interviewed by a sympathetic VO on 4th try w/no change in circumstance. Probably chalk that up to luck.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Timeline

There may have been other factors in those multiple refusals....for ex, 'a wedding' pertained to whom? How did one or more of the children get to the US? If they left on a B2 and neglected to return, that can work against the next family member wanting to go to Disneyland...we don't know all of the background, but often one or more family members might have compromised other family members from getting a visa, as the CO will assume that once one person has established a base in the US, he or she will try to get the rest of the family over...a few succeed, many don't.

Edited by HFM181818

There are many genuine applicants in every country who wish to come visit the US for real reasons and then return home.

It's the man who claims to want to spend 5 years' income on a 2-3 week US visit, or the gent with gigantic bank deposits two weeks before his interview who screw things up for others after them.

I would agree! Some would think that having a huge amount of money sitting in your account for a month, a week or couple of days before your interview will help establish credibility that you have strong ties with your native country. My mom was thinking the same thing. My brother and I told her that it doesn't matter and it might even give them a negative result (denial of the visa).At least she listened and she came in with her bank account (and my younger brother's bank account) with what they really have in the bank.

~ Cutie Bear

https://randomengineerblog.wordpress.com/

K1 application filed: 08/2010

NOA1: 08/2010

NOA2: 02/2011

Entered USA: 05/2011

Married: 06/2011

EAD received: 09/2011

Conditional GC received: 10/2011 (transferred to CSC without interviews)
10 year GC received: 10/2013 (Approved without interviews)
N-400: mailed to the Phoenix Lockbox 7/8 and received 7/9 by R. Magadan

N-400 Checked: cashed 7/11

Biometrics: 8/7

Interview: 11/6

Oath-Taking: 12/2

There are many genuine applicants in every country who wish to come visit the US for real reasons and then return home.

It's the man who claims to want to spend 5 years' income on a 2-3 week US visit, or the gent with gigantic bank deposits two weeks before his interview who screw things up for others after them.

yes there are.

there are people in PI who applied for Shengen and US visa and they were granted visa. they didn't overstay. all they really want was to have a vacation and see European countries or Disneyland & Hollywood.

My mother was denied thrice and she had valid reasons for applying. On her first try, she was invited to attend a wedding, while on her second attempt it was due to our Lolo's (her Father) burial and her last try was to take care of their ailing mother. Her first and third interviews were done in Manila while the second was in Saipan while she was working there (with our Father). The denial on her second try was heartbreaking for her. Her family had to delay the funeral almost a month after our Lolo passed away for he to see him (even just his dead body) before he will be laid to rest. Our Lolo left in 1978 and visited home just once in 1985. He died (I think) last 1999. Our mom is the only one left in the Philippines. Our grandparents tried petitioning her (us) but (they said) they were duped by someone. Next year, I will be filing my N400 and getting her is my top priority this despite her non-interest (out of frustration I guess) of going here anymore.

In her case, I guess LUCK was never on her side.

Thanks for sharing your blog though and I hope it will help a lot of people who would want to see Disney and Hollywood (LOL).

Good luck with your N-400 application!

~ Cutie Bear

https://randomengineerblog.wordpress.com/

K1 application filed: 08/2010

NOA1: 08/2010

NOA2: 02/2011

Entered USA: 05/2011

Married: 06/2011

EAD received: 09/2011

Conditional GC received: 10/2011 (transferred to CSC without interviews)
10 year GC received: 10/2013 (Approved without interviews)
N-400: mailed to the Phoenix Lockbox 7/8 and received 7/9 by R. Magadan

N-400 Checked: cashed 7/11

Biometrics: 8/7

Interview: 11/6

Oath-Taking: 12/2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Similar/continuing themed threads merged~

~There is no need for separate threads~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.