aadi0013

Filed i-130 on F2a Category could anyone tell how long does it take to approve?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi I'm permanent resident (green card holder) and just filed I 130 for my husband in Chicago USCIS centre. And could anyone tell me how long does it take nowadays to get approved from USCIS and what will be the next procedure?

2 - 2.5 years for visa number to be available.

Few months to an year for approval.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi,

I am here as a permanent resident and sponsor for my wife as well. I got my I-130 approved within 3-month. For next step, you have to wait until your priority date become current. As our application, we have waited for 18 months, and it will become available in October 2015. If your husband oversea, you will be contacted by NVC to complete all steps for consular process. If your husband is in the US, you can apply for Adjustment of Status.

However, there is a new change that will be effective from October 2015. Visa bulletin will have 2 tables that "Date for filling Family-Sponsor Visa Application" will allow you to submit paperwork as early as 1-year in advance. Of course, you will not receive an interview notice until your PD is become current, but this will help you to avoid additional time after your case is become current.

You can check the current Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

Timeline

Thanks for information, I was just checking the history of processing F2a category and was wondering that previous times have more waiting time than nowadays and people had to wait more than five or 6 years for visa number available. I think they are treating this category as immediate relative what you guys say ?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thanks for information, I was just checking the history of processing F2a category and was wondering that previous times have more waiting time than nowadays and people had to wait more than five or 6 years for visa number available. I think they are treating this category as immediate relative what you guys say ?

They are not treating beneficiaries in the F2a category as Immediate Relatives.

You are making a connection where there isn't any.

It comes down to numerically limited amount of visas and the number of beneficiaries. There are more beneficiaries in some years than other years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

F2A processing time is up and down, and there is no prediction; however, it is going faster lately as I was waited 27 months to get green card from my mom (F2A) and now my spouse has waited 18 months until her PD became current.

• 1 year later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 9/12/2015 at 1:28 AM, tuanphan21290 said:

F2A processing time is up and down, and there is no prediction; however, it is going faster lately as I was waited 27 months to get green card from my mom (F2A) and now my spouse has waited 18 months until her PD became current.

On 9/12/2015 at 1:28 AM, tuanphan21290 said:

Hello

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

I am here as a permanent resident and sponsor for my wife as well. I got my I-130 approved within 3-month. For next step, you have to wait until your priority date become current. As our application, we have waited for 18 months, and it will become available in October 2015. If your husband oversea, you will be contacted by NVC to complete all steps for consular process. If your husband is in the US, you can apply for Adjustment of Status.

However, there is a new change that will be effective from October 2015. Visa bulletin will have 2 tables that "Date for filling Family-Sponsor Visa Application" will allow you to submit paperwork as early as 1-year in advance. Of course, you will not receive an interview notice until your PD is become current, but this will help you to avoid additional time after your case is become current.

You can check the current Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

Hi..! My PD is 17, june 2016 still i am waiting for NOA2, suggestion needed..! What should i do i have called USCIS they said we ll call you back just leave you contact number..! Otherwise stay on call for 292mins..! 

Form I-130 sent ------------ 06/17/2016

NOA1 (Email) ------------ 06/23/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy Received ------------ 06/27/2016

:clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.