12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi Guys!

So, his Medical interview is Monday 09/7/2015 and I'm currently working on the I-134 form and I have some questions:

1. I am a full-time nanny not through a Services but the family individually employs me and I am paid through an independent services (takes out my taxes, ect.) I am NOT considered self-employed, correct? I am thinking making copies of my pay-stub, letter from my employer, copy of the hiring contract... any other forms you guys can think of? I want to be triple sure of evidence!!!

2. Since I am not employed through a nanny service/business/company, there is not an official business stationary (they are a family not a company) I can put the statement from my employer on, what do you suggest I use????

3. Since my position is not permanent, as the children will age and no longer need my care, my parents agreed to be co-sponsors. Here are my Questions on that:

3a. My father does not want to get a Statement letter from his boss (he does not want his boss knowing his business) So if he had a copy of his tax returns, pay-stub, would this be enough? Does he have to obtain a statement from his boss? What other documents can he show as proof?

3b. My mother and father are married, both have full time jobs, do they file one I-134 form or each file one themselves? (My mother is fine with getting a letter Statement form her boss, so I was thinking it was better they file separately?)

4. Where / When do I file this? The Nicaraguan embassy sent us a form of the steps on what to do for the medical, interview, ect. (in Spanish!) To my understanding, he brings this form to the interview????! Or am I entirely wrong? Do I send I-134 as soon as possible? Help!

5. Last year I was with my fiance for most of the year, I did come back for the summer to work but I did not file my taxes :/ Whoops. I for sure would get a tax return but do I need to file it with my I-134? In our instructions, it says (sorry for my poor translation!): "The applicant must have the affidavit of support (I-134) and the statements of the guarantor of last year's tax, although the guarantor does not earn enough to be. If the guarantor does not have tax returns (taxes), you must submit a copy of the law that excludes the income statement or a signed letter explaining why they have not paid taxes will apply. If the guarantor does not qualify to keep immigrants and their families need to obtain a second detent which must submit a letter of support (I-134), a copy of a US passport and tax returns last year." So yes I have to have copies of my last taxes, but in the I-134 instructions it doesnt say I have to? Im Lost! The original text un-translated is down below if that helps.

ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU'D LIKE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

-Abby and Edwin

Original Statement un-translated:

"El solicitante necesita tener la carta de sostenimiento (I-134) y las declaraciones de impuesto del fiador del último año, aunque este fiador no gane lo suficiente para serlo. Si este fiador no tiene las declaraciones de impuestos (taxes), debe presentar copia de la ley que lo excluye de la declaración de ingresos o una carta firmada explicando porque no ha pagado los impuestos que se le solicitan. Si el fiador no califica para mantener a los inmigrantes y a su grupo familiar necesitará obtener un segundo fiador el cual deberá presentar carta de sostenimiento (I-134), copia de pasaporte americano y las declaraciones de impuestos del último año."

Timeline

Hello all!

So, I am working on the I-134 Affidavit of Support Form currently.

Since the purpose of this form is to show you will be responsible that they will not become a public charge, and you will financially support them, wouldn't it be a good idea to show that I am doing that currently???

I send him money monthly through Western Union, MoneyGram, ect. and help support him (and his family.) Would they see it as a positive that I am able to support him now, and therefore shows I am able to support him when he comes here??

The reason is that I dot have tooooo much in my bank account (2000+) but showing this would maybe be able to show why I don't have too much currently. I've heard mixed reviews. That it's good, or that it's considering paying off the fiance or bribing them IDK! THOUGHTS????

I am the petitioner and he is from Nicaragua. :)

THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL PEOPLE!

Abby

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

my opinion i think you shouldn't show them that because they might think he's using you just for citizenship(papers) and for money and that your relationship isn't strong which has happened with my sis inlaw she went threw same thing she use to send him moneyy and she showed them so it was hard for him to take papers they wanted more proof as pictures phone records and they denied at end because they were strict with the fact she sends him money but if he sent it would of been diff cuz she's making papers for him not him making for her

Edited by lolita12357

Timeline

my opinion i think you shouldn't show them that because they might think he's using you just for citizenship(papers) and for money and that your relationship isn't strong which has happened with my sis inlaw she went threw same thing she use to send him moneyy and she showed them so it was hard for him to take papers they wanted more proof as pictures phone records and they denied at end because they were strict with the fact she sends him money but if he sent it would of been diff cuz she's making papers for him not him making for her

Thanks for your response Lolita! Ugh I was afraid of that. I am just really afraid that my I-134 isn't strong enough, as my position isnt permanent.

I Showed tons of relationship proof in my I-129f (but never mentioned that I gave him money) but because its the I-134 it doesn't matter???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

How much you send to her has nothing to do with the I-134.

How much you have in your bank account most likely will not be part of it either. How much do you currently earn annually? If your current income meets the requirement for your household size plus the foreign fiance(e), then no need to list any bank accounts or assets at all. You just leave that whole section blank. Typically you will provide most recent tax return/transcript and proof of current income with a letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. The instructions you get from your consulate may list specific requirements.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

How much you send to her has nothing to do with the I-134.

How much you have in your bank account most likely will not be part of it either. How much do you currently earn annually? If your current income meets the requirement for your household size plus the foreign fiance(e), then no need to list any bank accounts or assets at all. You just leave that whole section blank. Typically you will provide most recent tax return/transcript and proof of current income with a letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. The instructions you get from your consulate may list specific requirements.

Thank you for the response KayDeeCee! Alright, I was thinking that maybe it would show that if I can support him now, I can support him here. You know?

I'm just scared because My employment is Temporary! I am a Nanny, so in a year the kids will grow up to be in preschool and I will no longer be needed. Even though nannies are in very high demand in my area, there is never very good job stability. AND I just left my other family last week and started with my new family this week, so I don't have any pay stubs as of yet....

Do you think because my career is so temporary, that we will not be accepted?????

Abby.

Timeline

Hi Guys!

So, his Medical interview is Monday 09/7/2015 and I'm currently working on the I-134 form and I have some questions:

1. I am a full-time nanny not through a Services but the family individually employs me and I am paid through an independent services (takes out my taxes, ect.) I am NOT considered self-employed, correct? I am thinking making copies of my pay-stub, letter from my employer, copy of the hiring contract... any other forms you guys can think of? I want to be triple sure of evidence!!!

If you have taxes removed before you are paid and receive W-2s, then you are not self-employed.

2. Since I am not employed through a nanny service/business/company, there is not an official business stationary (they are a family not a company) I can put the statement from my employer on, what do you suggest I use????

Just have your employer write up a letter, even if there is no official letterhead. You are using a co-sponsor, so it doesn't even matter much.

3. Since my position is not permanent, as the children will age and no longer need my care, my parents agreed to be co-sponsors. Here are my Questions on that:

3a. My father does not want to get a Statement letter from his boss (he does not want his boss knowing his business) So if he had a copy of his tax returns, pay-stub, would this be enough? Does he have to obtain a statement from his boss? What other documents can he show as proof?

Tax return and pay stubs are fine.

3b. My mother and father are married, both have full time jobs, do they file one I-134 form or each file one themselves? (My mother is fine with getting a letter Statement form her boss, so I was thinking it was better they file separately?)

Choose the parent that makes enough on their own for their household size plus the intending immigrant. Just one needs to fill out an I-134 as the co-sponsor. If you still use them later for the I-864, then the other parent can fill out an I-864A to go along with the joint sponsor's I-864 and combine incomes to meet the requirement

4. Where / When do I file this? The Nicaraguan embassy sent us a form of the steps on what to do for the medical, interview, ect. (in Spanish!) To my understanding, he brings this form to the interview????! Or am I entirely wrong? Do I send I-134 as soon as possible? Help!

Yes, you need to mail it to your fiance(e). It would be taken to the interview along with all other requirement documents listed in the instructions from the consulate.

5. Last year I was with my fiance for most of the year, I did come back for the summer to work but I did not file my taxes :/ Whoops. I for sure would get a tax return but do I need to file it with my I-134? In our instructions, it says (sorry for my poor translation!): "The applicant must have the affidavit of support (I-134) and the statements of the guarantor of last year's tax, although the guarantor does not earn enough to be. If the guarantor does not have tax returns (taxes), you must submit a copy of the law that excludes the income statement or a signed letter explaining why they have not paid taxes will apply. If the guarantor does not qualify to keep immigrants and their families need to obtain a second detent which must submit a letter of support (I-134), a copy of a US passport and tax returns last year." So yes I have to have copies of my last taxes, but in the I-134 instructions it doesnt say I have to? Im Lost! The original text un-translated is down below if that helps.

Yes, it asks for most recent tax return with the I-134. Provide a statement as to why you did not file in 2014. You can provide returns from the previous couple years, if you feel it will help prove your ongoing, stable income.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I responded to your questions in your other post. Perhaps report one of your threads and ask a mod to merge these, as they are the same topic and makes no sense to answer the same things in 2 separate threads.

You are using a co-sponsor, so it doesn't matter much that your position is temporary or even that you meet the income requirement.

Timeline

I responded to your questions in your other post. Perhaps report one of your threads and ask a mod to merge these, as they are the same topic and makes no sense to answer the same things in 2 separate threads.

You are using a co-sponsor, so it doesn't matter much that your position is temporary or even that you meet the income requirement.

Thank you KayDeeCee!!!!

No They are not the same, this one is about whether or not to show them that i've been finachailly supporting my fiance, the second one was i-134 specific questions :)

Thanks for responding KayDeeCee! Youre awesome! I have calmed down now ;)

THANK YOUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Similar-themed threads have been merged.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.