amuli

Administrative Processing in Beirut, Lebanon: K1 visa

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi guys,

My fiance had an interview July 28, 2015 in Beirut, Lebanon. Our whole process had been going so smoothly and quickly. The interview was great as well, and there was only one document missing (my mother's proof of US citizenship), which I scanned on my computer that same day and emailed it to them. They responded quickly, and the next day they called my fiance to tell him to bring his passport to the consulate that coming Monday, Aug 3. On Monday, they took his passport and gave him an orange slip that says to come back next week on Aug 10 and pick it up. We assumed it meant he would be picking up his passport that day along with the approved visa. There were no signs that anything was wrong. We have a legitimate relationship with tons of proof, I have visited recently, all of our paperwork was organized and pristine. But they gave him back his passport and told him that it was now under administrative processing, and that they would call him.

It has been 6 weeks now since the interview, and I'm trying to be patient, but I can't understand why we have to go through this, and I'm afraid of having to wait many months before they give him his visa. I want to write them an email to ask about what is going on. I feel like they give you the same general response about "we don't know how long it will take, we understand you are frustrated, just be patient" kind of thing. Has anybody else gone through this? Specifically from Lebanon? What was your experience like and what do you recommend that we do at this point?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Oh man, Im so sorry : (

My fiancé is also from Lebanon. I are waiting for an interview. I would send them an email for sure. They are pretty good about responding.

But question... why would they need your moms proof of being a citizen?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is about being in AP ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Hey, that's very fustrating as you describe it. I hope they resolve this issue and you get the visa very soon. I'm currently still in the USCIS stage, how was the Beirut process? I would really appreciate any information you have, such as what documents they ask for? Medical? How long did it take to get the interview?

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

Timeline

Hey, that's very fustrating as you describe it. I hope they resolve this issue and you get the visa very soon. I'm currently still in the USCIS stage, how was the Beirut process? I would really appreciate any information you have, such as what documents they ask for? Medical? How long did it take to get the interview?

The Beirut process was not bad. After the I-129F petition was approved by USCIS, they sent it to NVC who quickly forwarded it to Beirut. The consulate in Beirut contacted my fiance to pick up the visa package which contained a list of the things he needed to do (documents with the english translation, medical exam, DS-160, fees, proof of relationship). The other thing is... they also need your affidavit of support if you are sponsoring him. I am co-sponsoring my fiance with my mom because I don't make enough on my own. I sent to my fiance: me and my mom's I-134, proofs of employment including letters from our employers, pay stubs, last years tax forms.

They will give your fiance a list of doctors he/she can do their medical exam with. It should be easy. When you have all/almost all of your documents ready, email the consulate and they will set you up with an interview. My fiance emailed them and they scheduled it for 3 weeks later. It was scheduled at 10 am, and he got there an hour early... but didn't get interviewed until 12:30. The interview took about 10 minutes.

Timeline

So he had to pick up the visa package, do you know if there was an option of having it mailed or emailed or someone else picking it up? Because my fiancée is Syrian living in Damascus and entering and exiting Lebanon just to pick up a package is laborous. Especially if she will have to come once for the medical then come again for the interview, then come again to pick up the visa?

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

So he had to pick up the visa package, do you know if there was an option of having it mailed or emailed or someone else picking it up? Because my fiancée is Syrian living in Damascus and entering and exiting Lebanon just to pick up a package is laborous. Especially if she will have to come once for the medical then come again for the interview, then come again to pick up the visa?

He picked up the visa package because he frequently makes trips to Beirut (he lives an hour away) and it wasn't too inconvenient for him. Your situation is harder and I'm sure when the embassy contacts your fiance that the visa package is ready, she can ask them if they can mail it to her, or if someone else can pick it up. I don't think they'll be able to email it, but she can ask! I'm not too sure about that. They will give her a list of doctors that will do the medical exam especially for visas, so she will have to make the trip to Lebanon for that... as well as the interview and picking up the visa :/ I know. Lots of back and forth.

Timeline

hopefully they can help us cut some of those trips. do they keep the passport after the interview? because she won't be able to leave back to syria without it?!?!

and oh yea do they interview in english or arabic?

K1 Visa Journey

Timeline

hopefully they can help us cut some of those trips. do they keep the passport after the interview? because she won't be able to leave back to syria without it?!?!

and oh yea do they interview in english or arabic?

They gave him the passport back, and then told him to bring it back in the next week. I think that may be because we were missing a document, and they were waiting for me to send it. Once they had everything they asked him to bring in his passport. But after he brought in his passport, they kept it for a week. I'm not sure how your situation will go since she commutes from Syria.

They do the interview in English as far as I know. My fiance told me he spoke English with them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

This is normal, it happens. Lebanon is on the T-Countries list (Terrorist). such administrative processing happens for male more than females. I had a CR-1 visa in the embassy and they gave me an orange slip too and told me to come next week and I did but thanks god the visa was on there and I didn't have to wait or anything. No matter what you do or how many emails you send the embassy, it wont make anything faster unfortunately, because they want the name clearance from USA and not the embassy itself only.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline

It was 4.5 months in AP for us. It was extremely difficult to wait, but that's all you can do at this time. Hopefully will not last that long for you. Best of luck!

Pishi_Pishi, I saw your timeline, did you all have a 2nd interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Pishi_Pishi, I saw your timeline, did you all have a 2nd interview?

Only one interview. C/O returned his passport, gave him AP paper and advised to keep checking website. I know how you feel. That was the most stressful time of my life. We didn't even know if he was approved, but we also had great evidence and finally it was. AP just takes time for FBI to run security checks. I know it's so hard, but try to be patient and everything will be fine. I did lose some of my hair, lol

:luv:

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.