rahulmv

B2 visa to meet my Mexican Girlfriend whom i met online

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Stating you want to visit someone undocumented will NOT get you a B visa.

Your best bet.. apply on your own merits (good job\student\bank a\c\property\family ties).. and not mention your online girlfriend.

And hope they don't search your social media accounts...

so I have decided to apply for Tourist visa(B2 visa) . But i came to know that this visa is very complicated and USA doesn't welcome tourism from India and it is very hard for young and unmarried people to get B2 visa. and also i have never traveled abroad.

Sadly, many from India have tried the B2 route, and approval rate under such circumstances is abysmally low.

The US welcomes genuine tourists from all over the world, including India. If you don't know the facts, I suggest don't make things up.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

yes we are thinking for mexico. because i want to keep her close to her family

but you said her parents are living with her in the USA now

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think what he meant was that Mexico is closer to USA than India

So did I, but really makes little sense.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

but you said her parents are living with her in the USA now

I think what he meant was that Mexico is closer to USA than India

The girl and her family live in the US at the moment but the OP and the girl are thinking of moving to Mexico since she's undocumented but if she does then she can't go visit her family in the US. He said "but if she lives the us" but he meant leaves. At least that's how I'm interpreting things.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Or her family visit her.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Or her family visit her.

I read here on Visa Journey that there are some park where half the place is in USA and the other in Mexico and people can spend some time together without leaving their countries.

Anyway, OP, ask your girlfriend about the situation of her family in USA. I mean, any of her parents are US citizens or in process of becoming one?

If she leaves US to go to Mexico (until I know), she won't be able to come back. Also does she have family in Mexico to stay with? What does she do in US? Has she researched how it would be her life doing the same in Mexico?

If both of you decide to reside in Mexico, you can enter Mexico and she can help you adjust your status to be a temporary resident. You will need to apply for a work permission to be able to work. That can probably take months. In Mexico the temporary residence does not include a work permission like in US. If you two choose this option, I can give you information about it. My husband was a temporary resident in Mexico. But I have to say that even if she is really in love with you, you two need to sit and talk about all your options. I'd say she is risking a lot of is she leaves USA. She is not responsible for crossing illegally the border because she was 14, but after she turned 18 she does have responsibility.

You can consider getting a tourist visa (like you said) for the first visit because you are going to visit. And then decide to apply for a student or work visa in US. Or even you can look for information to get a work visa in Mexico to be closer to her and then apply for a tourist visa for US. I know that in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico many people from India are working for Hexaware Technologies. Check their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HexawareTechnologies?pnref=lhcmaybe you can apply for a job with them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

no not now. if she come here . she wont be able to go back to USA to her parents . that's why i want to meet her first so we can decide when we can live.

I thought you said you wanted to move to Mexico to be close to her family? Yet her parents are in the US???? Her famliy IS in the US

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

It would be nice if we could get the concrete intentions of the OP instead of only speculating. They're being very vague and confusing. (On purpose?)

Baby what we have"

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It would be nice if we could get the concrete intentions of the OP instead of only speculating. They're being very vague and confusing. (On purpose?)

People asking for advice can be opaque on purpose to hide their true intentions.

People asking for advice can be opaque on purpose to hide their true intentions.

He can try to hide his intentions, but it won't do him any good in the long run. He is very unlikely to get a tourist visa, and even if by some long shot he did, and they decided to go ahead and get married, she can't petition for him. Neither can he adjust status through her. She herself isn't legally present. I would be willing to make her book her parents aren't either. If she goes out, she's stuck out, so not really able to meet up in a third country either, not without giving her game away. I wouldn't think she'd be likely to give up the lot, for a person she has so far not met.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Seems like a funky situation, and OP has disappeared after realizing the severity of said situation.

Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.