Thefile

Denied entry and sent back on the next plane.

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

According to some news reports strip searches are being done by police on the side of the road and parking lots. Seems to happen a lot in Texas. You might also want to remind them those blue gloves are for your protection as well as theirs. Too often I see them not changing gloves between passengers.

What will happen now, if you wish to pursue immigration for your fiancé, is you will file the petition for the appropriate visa. After you go through the process and she has her interview she will be denied. She will be given a sheet informing her if she is eligible to file for a waiver(s) and which ones she needs. Then the waivers will be filed. They must show undue hardship on the USC if she is not permitted to immigrate and why you can't go live with her in another country.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

That's exactly what they did to me!! I came to romania and when i return to the states they sent me back to romania thank god my husband was waiting and paid for my ticket back home bc they would've taken my papers..i received the same on my b1/b2 visa 5 year ban and i was sent back. We are married for 5 yrs we just never applied for my papers ..that was our mistake.

I think is better to get a lawyer, but u guys have to also get married...with 601 she wont be able to get any type of visa for 5 yrs only if u guys get married and file for 130 and then 601 and etc.

They told me same thing for u to get back to US have your husband file for your papers u guys are married for 5 yrs why didnt u do that!??? ...well is not easy ..plus we had other more important problems in our family than immigration.. but anyway is our fault so yeah we will fix it. Now I have 5 months waiting for this 130 to be approved...and we will expedite the 601.
Good luck to you and hire a lawyer!

Edited by IleanaArpaio

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.Ralph Waldo Emerson

Filed: Timeline

Something must have made her come across as suspicious. I wonder what alerted them to want to go so far as to search through her phone, taking the time to actually read her texts, etc.

Yes, they can do that to anyone entering the USA, but thousands upon thousands of foreigners enter the US every year with a tourist visa with no problem whatsoever. Something has to raise a red flag with a tourist before they'll take the time for that much investigating at the port of entry. Apparently whatever it was that raised a red flag, the officers were wise to take the time to go through her phone. Coming into the USA under the pretense of tourism, with intentions of living and working here is in fact a crime. People like this make coming to the USA harder for honest people.

She have to do nothing ,they randomly go thru ppl phone, they do it in other countries I seen a USC

denied entry to AU claiming he cant remember his pwd to his locked phone,he had done nothing, they

will zone inon a person for no reason..thats their jobs, so please don't feel you are immune going thru

airports, you'll get check too & especially those from some countries

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

She have to do nothing ,they randomly go thru ppl phone, they do it in other countries I seen a USC

denied entry to AU claiming he cant remember his pwd to his locked phone,he had done nothing, they

will zone inon a person for no reason..thats their jobs, so please don't feel you are immune going thru

airports, you'll get check too & especially those from some countries

They're trained to spot people acting suspicious. If you got nothing to hide there's no worries.

Agreed but how would one really act suspicious because they will

take a job upon arriving if offered or has one arranged.

:ranting:

Too many want to think they are smart like the 2 Jetblue passengers this

morning from Kingston to JFK who in a fight then brandishes an eyebrow

shaver & another pepper sprayed the other...These ppl makes it bad for law-

abiding traveling folks...we all know that's not to be taken in hand luggage

was Kingston TSA sleeping?

I'm speculating but if it didn't appear she had enough money to support her visit they'll investigate further.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Noticed they were wearing those blue proctologist gloves last time we came through. They don't need those to search phones.

You would be surprised how many germs are on a phone. Yes, they need to wear them, they are touching people's stuff. One another note, when I came back from marrying my husband all my stuff was searched and they asked me a "bazillion" questions, like I was being interviewed for a visa. The officer was a short gray haired lady, very pleasant but she looked like she could clean your clock if she needed to. The two girls assisting her wore the blue gloves and searched my luggage and looked at all the pictures on my camera, and asked me who all the people are. And I'm the US citizen lol

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

She has a 5-year 9A ban because she was removed upon arrival. If she wants to immigrate during this time she can apply to remove this ban using I-212.

Some other people are suggesting that she may have other inadmissibilities, but that is not substantiated by anything you've said so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Misrep will be up to the Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I just gotta ask, did you guys plan for her to work here? If it was planned all along you mu have known about the consequences

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

I recall attending my interview for my visitors' visa and once I got the approval for 10yrs, I was told to NEVER compromise my tourist visa for a "little US stipend" as the interviewing officer jokingly called it.

He went on to explain that there are work permits/visas for these types of situations but most persons risk that and use their tourist visa to go to America and get hired in small time jobs (like 7-11s, maid services, news stands, in-home nursing for the elderly etc). Once they are found out, they get deported and/or banned from re-entering the US for a lengthy period of time.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your fiance, though.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

They can just search your phone?

:rofl:

(sorry, lol, but this is the U.S.)

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

how did they figure that out?

From the way the OP makes it sound, they took her phone (which they can do) and found messages/texts about her looking for work while in the US.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.