hespau

my fiance's visa was approved but its beeb almost a month and we haven't hear anything.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We got approved on 7/30th and just yesterday it said issued. Now waiting for the ready for pick up message. Something must of happen to their system...try to be patient.

that is the message we been waiting for. we were specting the number or the email two weeks ago.

on july 24, 2015 my fiance was approved. the consuler told her on one a two weeks her visa will be ready.

its been almost a month we havent hear anynothing. would it take longer ? would i be worry about this situacion? we call and noone seen to have a anwer. they told her that K1visas take longer than other.

please if anybody knows anything i will gladly apriciated.

Hello! I got interviewed last July 30 and no news as well. ???

This is too frustrating!

We got approved on 7/30th and just yesterday it said issued. Now waiting for the ready for pick up message. Something must of happen to their system...try to be patient.

EllieEdwards, how many times did your case got updated in the ceac website? Did you get a 221g or not?

No first it was on ready for interview for like two weeks. Just last Thursday it changed to Ap then yesterday to issued. So I'm thinking another few days which is fine I need more time.

Timeline

Hespau I know it sucks to get approved and one is ready to make travel plans, yet has to wait for the passport without an idea of when it will be available that sai I can tell you that you are extremely lucky to be in this situation after applying in April. Your waiting for the passport/visa and it is fantastic!

I say that because I applied in September of 2014, more than 6 months before and in now waiting for delivery. Our entire wait has been almost a year...so really hope we both get our visa soon but I am telling you- your very fortunate to be in this situation.

No first it was on ready for interview for like two weeks. Just last Thursday it changed to Ap then yesterday to issued. So I'm thinking another few days which is fine I need more time.

You should probably have it in a few days if it only just changed to issued. They have to mail it out to you which can take up to ten days (non-mailing days such as weekends don't count) so ten days is actually two weeks. If you don't have it within ten business days of the issued date then contact the embassy.

Edited by AmAjjD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Back in June and early July, there were many of us waiting for CR-1 visas and they had some technical problems as well as a big backlog. I encourage you to email and phone the embassy often. Unlike the NVC, this is an embassy that you can actually phone and email and get a reply - even if the reply is that they don't know what's going on. Eventually, they'll get to it but you want to make sure that your particular visa application isn't lost or forgotten. Best of luck!

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

EllieEdwards, how many times did your case got updated in the ceac website? Did you get a 221g or not?

only ones has been update. i found a embassy number to call from US but the number doesnt work.

Timeline

no i have not recived anything. what is the 221g? what can i do with that?

You should probably have it in a few days if it only just changed to issued. They have to mail it out to you which can take up to ten days (non-mailing days such as weekends don't count) so ten days is actually two weeks. If you don't have it within ten business days of the issued date then contact the embassy.

thank you. i will try.

Timeline

Back in June and early July, there were many of us waiting for CR-1 visas and they had some technical problems as well as a big backlog. I encourage you to email and phone the embassy often. Unlike the NVC, this is an embassy that you can actually phone and email and get a reply - even if the reply is that they don't know what's going on. Eventually, they'll get to it but you want to make sure that your particular visa application isn't lost or forgotten. Best of luck!

i just hope we are not part of the backlock. we been canceling our wedding plans alredy because of this situation. wven canceling the flight.

Timeline

Hespau I know it sucks to get approved and one is ready to make travel plans, yet has to wait for the passport without an idea of when it will be available that sai I can tell you that you are extremely lucky to be in this situation after applying in April. Your waiting for the passport/visa and it is fantastic!

I say that because I applied in September of 2014, more than 6 months before and in now waiting for delivery. Our entire wait has been almost a year...so really hope we both get our visa soon but I am telling you- your very fortunate to be in this situation.

waoooo you guys are been waiting for long time. i hope everthing goes well with you guys keep me post

when it says "On my CEAC said that on aug 12. " your visa is in final processing, if you don't hear anything on 10 business day please contact the embassy"does that mean the visa was approved

Timeline

when it says "On my CEAC said that on aug 12. " your visa is in final processing, if you don't hear anything on 10 business day please contact the embassy"does that mean the visa was approved

i dont know. they dont say much. :(

Timeline

Does it matter if the date changes but still says READY? MIne said case creation July 22 and status update August 12 then after the interview it said case update August 24, now it says case created August 25 and case update August 25

Timeline

i think its all the same tho. the messege doesnt change.

so you guys still waiting for almost about the same time as us?

i wonder what its going on? i sent an email yerterday from my fiances email

the one we were suppose to be reciving our notification and they did not replay to the email at all.

so i email back from my regular email and i got a response right away.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.