3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello, I am coming up to my 90 day window to apply to remove conditions on my green card. I live in WA state and came from Canada, and I was wondering if anyone knew if you need to do biometrics for this part of the process?? I looked on the USCIS website and all I could find was to add the biometric fee if applicable, but I couldn't find out if it was applicable to me?

thanks

Yup, you will be required to pay the biometrics fee. There is a section on page 4 of the instructions for the I-751 form which mentions that the biometrics fee is required for all i-751 filings. It also tells you how to pay the required fees should you need that information.

Edited to include the link to the I-751 instructions.

Edited by caly

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.