Ado_Ena

Name on the passport and Tax trnascripts

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I need help from you guys. I have sent my AOS and IV package to NVC,but there is something that I need to know. My wife at the wedding took my last name,which they can see on marriage certificate,but on the tax transcript is her old last name. The reason why is because we live in Germany for 2,5 years,and since she got married with me she never went to US after that. Can that be a big problem for us? Everything else is good,I have clean record and all papers are good,we have joint sponsor from states,place to stay,ect..

And another thing is her name in passport. We did not change name there also. Is that a problem?

Thank you!

Edited by Ado_Ena

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I need help from you guys. I have sent my AOS and IV package to NVC,but there is something that I need to know. My wife at the wedding took my last name,which they can see on marriage certificate,but on the tax transcript is her old last name. The reason why is because we live in Germany for 2,5 years,and since she got married with me she never went to US after that. Can that be a big problem for us? Everything else is good,I have clean record and all papers are good,we have joint sponsor from states,place to stay,ect..

And another thing is her name in passport. We did not change name there also. Is that a problem?

Thank you!

In the other names used section she put her maiden name right?

I'm confused why living in Germany matters, she still had to file taxes if she worked.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

In the other names used section she put her maiden name right?

Everywhere where they asked,or where we could put her legal name and maiden name we did. For example on AOS we put Name Last Name (maiden name). So is that ok?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everywhere where they asked,or where we could put her legal name and maiden name we did. For example on AOS we put Name Last Name (maiden name). So is that ok?

If that's how she writes her name....which I doubt. Her name is now first married. Not first married (maiden). There is a others names used block she should write.... first maiden.

I dont know whether or not it's ok what you did. So I wont guess.

Timeline

If that's how she writes her name....which I doubt. Her name is now first married. Not first married (maiden). There is a others names used block she should write.... first maiden.

I dont know whether or not it's ok what you did. So I wont guess.

About the tax,she did her 2013 tax,but for 2014 we have a confirmation from irs about non filing taxes for 2014. On nvc web page says we can use that.

I understand what you mean,I just need to know if they are gonna make us any problems because of that. Do you know is it to possible to deny us or we would just need to change all those things?

She hasn't had her name changed on any of her documentation yet? It's not a big deal, she's the petitioner.

When I registered a car in my name I put down First Last instead of First Middle Last, and I had to sign a form saying I was the same person. *rolleyes* I cannot see how this will be an issue for you.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We got married in Bosnia 12.12. 2012 (I am from Bosnia) and lived there for 4 months and decided to move to the states. We called american embasy in Bosnia and guy told she doesn't have to change her passport, she can do everything in states. Then her sister called us in Germany, she got a job and I got visa in Germany based on her working permition here, still with her maiden name, and marriage certificate stating she took my name. Until now, everything was ok with nvc, they didn't ask or send us amything back or negative. I guess it just me being worried about everything because we are sick of Germany...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.