21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi VJ Members,

We are expecting our to have our interview scheduled soon as our case was completed on May 24th, however, when we call the NVC they say they have scheduled all September interviews already and also that we are not scheduled yet (Waiting for 90+ days). Contradictingly, VJ timeline shows not a single interview scheduled (for EGY) in September (IR/CR) and it is already Aug 23rd.Any one has any idea what is going with Cairo embassy? I have seen other members with CC before ours and they didn't get their interview scheduled yet (or maybe they didn't update their profile).

Is it the normail waiting game or are we missing something?

Worthmentioning that worldwide the number of (IR/CR) interviews scheduled for September are not as much compared to previous months (Only 6 interviews world wide).

Longest time frame between CC and Interview scheduling for Cairo embassy was 80 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi there

everyone has been waiting cr1/ir1 interview since long for all embassy.

not a single cr/ir interview was scheduled for sept and no one knows why.. however f2a, eb, student and vistor visa are getting interview which is dramatic

everyone is hoping cr/ it interviews will be for October. no one has any reply for ur question other than speculation

p.s. try contacting ur congressman and get them involved

Timeline

Hi there

everyone has been waiting cr1/ir1 interview since long for all embassy.

not a single cr/ir interview was scheduled for sept and no one knows why.. however f2a, eb, student and vistor visa are getting interview which is dramatic

everyone is hoping cr/ it interviews will be for October. no one has any reply for ur question other than speculation

p.s. try contacting ur congressman and get them involved

OMG you mean that is not our issue alone, sounds more serious than I thought.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep same here in London

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

~~moved to US embassy and consulate discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Topic is about waiting for interview~~

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures. Topic is about waiting for interview~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

cc at may 15 and no news as soon as i get it sure i will let u know

good luck

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :2014-09-16

I-130 Approved : 27-2-2015 (168 days)

case was sent to nvc 9 march 2015 :clock:

case received at nvc 20 march 2015

case number by phone 23 march 2015

pay AOS bill : 25 march 2015

pay IV bill : 25 march 2015

Submit DS-26 : 25 march 2015

Submit DS-260: 8 April 2015

Send AOS Package : 10 April 2015

Send IV Package : 10 April 2015
package received and scan date : 17 April 2015 :clock::clock::clock:
case complete by phone 15 may 2015 (27 days) :idea::idea::idea::idea:
interview scheduled 11 September :jest::jest::jest:

medical exam 13 September :cry::cry::cry::cry:

interview date October 22 (approved alhamdolellha ) :idea::idea::dancing::dancing:

visa in hand October 27

Date of US Entry : october 30

Timeline

read our ranting at www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/559617-september-2015-interviews/?view=getnewpost

Thanks again, we'll follow the thread.

cc at may 15 and no news as soon as i get it sure i will let u know

good luck

Thanks Izabela, It is really unbelievable how you guys are waiting for 100+ days =( and the NVC wants us to wait longer till they schedule October!! I'd rather they tell our interviews are even in November rather than keeping us wandering around, good luck to you too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OMG you mean that is not our issue alone, sounds more serious than I thought.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry yes Egypt is a 3 t o 4 month wait has been for over a year. I have at least 3 people all before you in May with CC's waiting.

I have added you to the spreadsheet. Come over to the interview thread. Hopefully soon October will be announced.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

3-4 months is better than the 8-10 it was last year! :D

So true. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Sorry yes Egypt is a 3 t o 4 month wait has been for over a year. I have at least 3 people all before you in May with CC's waiting.

I have added you to the spreadsheet. Come over to the interview thread. Hopefully soon October will be announced.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Thanks dwheels76 =)

Your spreadsheet (great idea) shows that the longest waiting time Egypt had from CC to interview schedule communication was 94 days with an average of 69 days for all EGY members you have there. I mean people got the interview e-mail after a maximum of 94 days from their CC, while members now are OMG waiting for 104+ days with no communication which is the longest silence period from the NVC this year for EGY. Looks like NVC isn't scheduling for September, last interview in Aug had CC on May 4th and normally members with CC May 12th should ideally have interviews in September (I believe the number of CC from the 4th till the 12th wouldn't fill September schedule) but till today they didn't receive any communication. Something is definitely wrong with the NVC. Hopefully as you said we all hear from the NVC soon.

BTW 8 months waiting time is CATASTROPHIC

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi VJ Members,

We are expecting our to have our interview scheduled soon as our case was completed on May 24th, however, when we call the NVC they say they have scheduled all September interviews already and also that we are not scheduled yet (Waiting for 90+ days). Contradictingly, VJ timeline shows not a single interview scheduled (for EGY) in September (IR/CR) and it is already Aug 23rd.Any one has any idea what is going with Cairo embassy? I have seen other members with CC before ours and they didn't get their interview scheduled yet (or maybe they didn't update their profile).

Is it the normail waiting game or are we missing something?

Worthmentioning that worldwide the number of (IR/CR) interviews scheduled for September are not as much compared to previous months (Only 6 interviews world wide).

Longest time frame between CC and Interview scheduling for Cairo embassy

they should at least schedule some CR1 next monday thats the last day to schedule for September interview

Timeline

they should at least schedule some CR1 next monday thats the last day to schedule for September interview

We all wish they do, at least we see things moving. It is depressing how they didn't schedule a single CR case for September! (except for the expedited one we have on VJ timeline)

Even if I am not getting an interview scheduled in September others should be, others have been waiting since May 12th (117 days) definitely the longest Cairo embassy ever had!

If pending cases got interviews in September there is a better chance for me to get one early in October.

If they didn't give out interviews in September how would they schedule October? I mean are they going to exceed the capacity to occupy CC within May and June? Or Just May? If it just May what happens to those CC in June?

Let's assume they scheduled May and June in October, are they going to have enough visas for everyone? or people are going to wait up to 60+ days again to get their passports back?

Infinite questions could be asked with no answer. Calling doesn't help. Waiting doesn't help. NVC representatives have the most contradicting answers ever "we will notify you 6 weeks before the interview" while they give out dates 2 weeks earlier, "we schedule at the end of the month" while at the same call "we will notify October dates early in September".

I do not understand why don't they schedule a whole quarter at once. If we know our interview is in November even we wouldn't be wandering around.

They should not keep us waiting like that with no vision on our lives. Some of us do not have the privilege to live with their spouses overseas and separation definitely sucks, others can't take any decision at their jobs or to travel abroad for any reason waiting for their interview date. People put their lives on hold and I do not think the NVC understands how critical this should be.

We can only hope.

Excuse long post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.