debbyy

After receiving P3,When is the LASTEST DATE to SEND MATERIALS BACK to the CONSULATE

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
hello everyone,

I'm in need of some advice on the LASTEST DATE to SEND MATERIALS BACK to the CONSULATE.

I am the benificiary of K1

Received the NOA2 Jul 17 and it states: Approval notice valid from 7/17/2015 to 11/16/2015.

Received the packet 3 on Aug 18 requesting my completing DS160,passport information page and 2 photos, and the notice says: Failure to take the requested action within one year will result in your application being terminated.

In my understanding it seems that the expiration date for sending materials back to consulate is Aug 18,2016, am I right ??

I plan to go to the US later 2016 or early 2017 and I have to stall the procedure.

I am confused with the two dates: P2 VALIDATION END DATE: 11/16/2015 and P3 EXPIRATION DATE Aug 18,2016.

When should I send the materials before the procedure teminates/expires as late as possible ?

If I send them between Nov 17,2015 and Aug 18,2016, does the NOA2 expire? and I have to reapply for K1?

I really dont want to go through this whole procedure AGAIN ,am quite afraid that it expires.

Thank you in advance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Care to tell us which embassy/consulate? It may have a bearing on the responses that you recieve.

:time: I helps everyone that uses the forum.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Read some of the recent postings in the China Regional Forum, particularly from the folks that are, or have recently gone to the GUZ consulate. I will be moving this thread to the regional forum, as that your line of questioning is consulate-specific.

As I mentioned earlier, :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum, or anyone that is helped by the forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Timeline

THANK YOU. i tried the timeline, but didnt succeed. Will do later.

Regarding the timeline, use the link contained in my signature to add/edit your timeline. :idea:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
hello everyone,
I'm in need of some advice on the LASTEST DATE to SEND MATERIALS BACK to the CONSULATE.
I am the benificiary of K1
Received the NOA2 Jul 17 and it states: Approval notice valid from 7/17/2015 to 11/16/2015.
Received the packet 3 on Aug 18 requesting my completing DS160,passport information page and 2 photos, and the notice says: Failure to take the requested action within one year will result in your application being terminated.
In my understanding it seems that the expiration date for sending materials back to consulate is Aug 18,2016, am I right ??
I plan to go to the US later 2016 or early 2017 and I have to stall the procedure.
I am confused with the two dates: P2 VALIDATION END DATE: 11/16/2015 and P3 EXPIRATION DATE Aug 18,2016.
When should I send the materials before the procedure teminates/expires as late as possible ?
If I send them between Nov 17,2015 and Aug 18,2016, does the NOA2 expire? and I have to reapply for K1?
I really dont want to go through this whole procedure AGAIN ,am quite afraid that it expires.
Thank you in advance.

NOA2 validity date refers to when it is going to expire...however the embassy should be able extend this expiration date.

Here is a post might help you:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/52523-whats-form-i-797-im-confuse/?p=999316

------------ K1 & K 2 -------------

07/29/2015 I-129F sent

08/04/2015 I-129F NOA1 received

09/21/2015 NVC received

11/13/2015 Consulate (Guanzhou, China) received

04/05/2016 Interview

K1 & K2 approved

05/15/2015 POE

06/09/2016 Married!

------------ AOS ------------------

07/30/2016 I-485/I-765/I-131 Delivered

08/12/2016 Emails/texts from USCIS receipt notification

08/01/2016 Official NOA receipt date

08/31/2016 Biometrics done

10/11/2016 I-131 approved

10/28/2016 Received EAD/AP Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
。。。
Thank you in advance.

Info from the following thread should help you as well:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408129-i-797-notice-of-action-validation-date/

BTW, search is your best friend. :)

------------ K1 & K 2 -------------

07/29/2015 I-129F sent

08/04/2015 I-129F NOA1 received

09/21/2015 NVC received

11/13/2015 Consulate (Guanzhou, China) received

04/05/2016 Interview

K1 & K2 approved

05/15/2015 POE

06/09/2016 Married!

------------ AOS ------------------

07/30/2016 I-485/I-765/I-131 Delivered

08/12/2016 Emails/texts from USCIS receipt notification

08/01/2016 Official NOA receipt date

08/31/2016 Biometrics done

10/11/2016 I-131 approved

10/28/2016 Received EAD/AP Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that P3 date is the latest date by which you can submit stuff.

the P2 date is the end date on the duration of validity on the I-129-F Petition Approval, but GUZ IV auto-extends this date every 3 or 4 months up till the P3 date.

See ? you have some time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Thank you JamesS, I did search but the posts tell that if it is the NVC or CONSULATE's reason that P2 expires ,it does not matter. What if it is MY reason that P2 expires, I could not find a clear answer.

Darnell, Thank you.

and let me reassure, As long as I submit documents before Aug 18,2016, it is OK. Right ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.