usernamebilly

ROC, is this worth including now?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So my spouse and I will be filing roc for me soon. I am the beneficiary. We both started a mutual fund/roth IRA last year August with each other as beneficiaries. However my spouse closed her IRA this month because she needed the funds. I still have my IRA running as always. We originally thinking of including our mutual funds statements as part of the roc package but my spouse forgot about that lol. Now my question is, is it worth it to still include my mutual fund alone with my spouse as beneficiary or omit including my mutual fund?

We also have another joint brokerage account where my spouse pulled out half the money that she put in but its still active with all the money I put in so its not closed. Can we include this?

We have lot of other joint evidence such as joint bank account so I'm not worried. I just figured I'd ask you brainy peeps if my mutual fund and our joint brokerage account with mostly my money is worth including as joint assets still in the roc package.

Thanks friends.

I hope I tagged this in the right place under removal of conditions.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Include ALL joint account information.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

The advise given is complete, send copies of statements for all joint accounts.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, it is worth it to still include your IRA info and showing your spouse as beneficiary. Joint accounts and other types of accounts, including insurance, that list the spouse as a beneficiary can be helpful to show your co-mingling of finances and lives. Even if you have accounts such as credit cards that are not joint, but you have listed the spouse as an authorized user can help. Just show proof.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

If someone is the beneficiary of something, then yes it makes sense to send it. In a way that is a joint account, in the way that a will, or MPOA, etc is a joint account, which is what I meant. Sending accounts where one person owns something and the other person has nothing to do with it is pointless. (Example: you have a credit card, your spouse is not a joint holder or authorized user. Pointless to send.) The exception to that is if each person has their own account for utilities that is handy to send (one person has the cable bill and the other the garbage bill for example) but then both bills are going to a home you both reside in.

Hi,

The advice given was not complete.

You can send in the IRA paperwork. Beyond JOINT ACCOUNTS, you can send in any INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS where you list each other as a beneficiary.

Best of luck.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

In no way is an INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT "in a way . . . a JOINT ACCOUNT." No accountant or lawyer would support your position.

You came off as snotty telling the OP that your advice is complete and now you rationalize it because you can't admit you were wrong.

My advice wasn't complete. I never said it was. I said the other advice was complete? Reading comprehension?

I get what you're saying.

I should have noted it differently.

I'm sorry for not noting it differently and seeing it a different way. It is not the first time I've been accused of seeing things my own way to make sure it makes sense, and likely won't be the last. But if it doesn't to anyone else, again, I apologize.

In no way is an INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT "in a way . . . a JOINT ACCOUNT." No accountant or lawyer would support your position.

You came off as snotty telling the OP that your advice is complete and now you rationalize it because you can't admit you were wrong.

Also to note, you're coming off as attacking.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My advice wasn't complete. I never said it was. I said the other advice was complete? Reading comprehension?

I get what you're saying.

I should have noted it differently.

I'm sorry for not noting it differently and seeing it a different way. It is not the first time I've been accused of seeing things my own way to make sure it makes sense, and likely won't be the last. But if it doesn't to anyone else, again, I apologize.

Also to note, you're coming off as attacking.

Reading comprehension? Never said the advice was complete? Read your own posts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Stop the bickering, please.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.