28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wrote a post which i thought would be helpful to everyone on here and address a very important issue from the view point of someone who is affected by the issue. i went as far as asking the admin to allow this post if for nothing just for the vital information in it, its disappointing and heart breaking that someone on the admin deleted it, Why i ask myself. if this forum is to advice people only on how to get a VISA and not to address issues that revolve around the pains and heartbreak people who use information they obtain mostly from on here to cause innocent people pain. I know most people ask questions regarding immigration in all honesty but we can't hide from the fact that subject like the name mentioned in my post come on here to get information to defraud orders.

If the admin of this site want to make this site somewhat reputable and not a information safe heaven for immigration fraud we need to welcome painful subject like the one i wrote about, like it or not when this case gain nationwide recognition this site would be mentioned and people would come on here to see for themselves, so do you want somewhere where all issue are expressed of just a blanket for visa seeking but not the aftermath of things.

Let all take a min to face the reality that why most of us on here are for nothing but information to enable us paddle through this immigration palava with ease some come on here with bad intention to seek information to defraud and hurt orders.

To the ADMIN... the only thing i could have done wrong was mention the criminal name but why hide the identity of evil doers? also i note that the admin saw his earlier post in the ID (removed) where he mentioned the name of the victims kids and families but did not delete the post, this is making me think you're of sympathy for the criminals and don't care for the victims. if the admin chose to delete this post as well it would prove that things may be more than i thought but i would say this, its better to fight for good than seat back and allow the evil rule

I am after a great cause which is as simple as ABC put a light on all this immigration criminals and give the victims a voice, only by doing this will we all prove to the immigration system that there are people out there who cares about the hurts and pain the victims of this cruel acts, To all my Nigerians brothers and sisters on here, the only way to make sure the name of our beloved country is not destroyed when immigration is mentioned is to fight off and expose the bad eggs.

God bless and Unite all hearts divided by Distance and Immigration....

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

I am sure the admin can see the new Hot topic that have been closed by the moderator, its an example of this criminals trying to play tricks to get information to defraud innocent people.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not an admin, but you can't just mention somebody's name and break TOS like that and expect to keep your post. VJ is one of the most anti fraud immigration sites I've seen! It is plenty known and I don't think that exposing individuals would benefit anyone. Especially as all it would take was a false allegation for a lawsuit.

Timeline

I'm not an admin, but you can't just mention somebody's name and break TOS like that and expect to keep your post. VJ is one of the most anti fraud immigration sites I've seen! It is plenty known and I don't think that exposing individuals would benefit anyone. Especially as all it would take was a false allegation for a lawsuit.

I understand what you have said but would the same law or rules not apply to things when it comes to the criminal who came on here to mention the victims and families name? the admin did not delete or take action based on your point, what should that mean? and saying this is the most anti fraud immigration sites you have seen makes me think twice about you, don't you see all the criminals who come on here to ask about how to trick the system after they run off from the victims who gave up everything for them to be in the USA.

Please when saying anything be honest and accurate, i think exposing the criminals would do so much good, why are you against it do you have anything to be worried about,

On the issue of false allegations and a lawsuit. How about when scammers file VAWA falsely in other to avoid deportation, is that not slander? how fair is it wen d victim cannot even defend themselves against false allegations? Also if you know the Law a criminal can't file a law suit, against who himself?

Timeline

Perhaps the thread wasn't reported but youre was? Hundreds of threads happen and it may have slipped the mods. Was it the victims full names? Do you have a link.

Anytime somebody comes on here trying to circumvent uscis policy the thread most likely gets closed. Uscis/ICE monitor this site. Find it laughable all you like but it's true.

What I said was one false allegation and someone could file lawsuit for slander or libel. False VAWA claims are another story. In order to get VAWA they need some sort of legitimate proof.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The post has been suspended for Moderation review. Expect some feedback soon.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

In the case i was talking about i don't see any proof they would have been able to get if not all false, he had a Nigeria pastor/lawyer who coach him on what to do to game the system, he personally left, put himself in a shelter, get the pastor to corroborate his story. The victim filed with Home Land Security/USCIS but nothing was done he still managed to get the greencard.

If allowed on here and i show proof of this individual scam and games you all on here would weep for the victim.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is locked for Moderation review. Do not restart this thread or open a similar-themed one.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Moving from Africa to Site Discussion *******

The post was removed as it mentioned full names. We are not USCIS or the FBI, we cannot determine if those people are really doing illegal things, so while there is nothing wrong wit writing a general post about immigration fraud, it is against the TOS to name people, unless you can link to a reputable news source that names them. If you know of or suspect immigration fraud, alert the authorities, do not post rants on a forum.

As mentioned above, VJ gets thousands of posts a day, the moderators cannot read and monitor them all. We rely on members to report questionable posts which may breach the TOS to us by using the "report" button at the bottom of every post, and the next moderator online (we are all volunteers) will then action it, or discuss it wit other mods if it is borderline.

Penguin,

Lead Moderator

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

If they wrote a book about all the things that Nigerians try to do to get a visa it would have most of us laughing for days. Some slip through. Most do not. And each attempt at rigging the system gives the CO's that much more reason to doubt every other Nigerian in from of them. I have heard of people claiming a wife at home as part of getting a visitors viva and then getting tripped up trying to undo the wife to marry someone here. There have been fake conventions to invite speakers. Marriages to USC where there field investigator find a Nigerian wife and baby at the address during their AP check. Attempts with more than one USC wife at the same time on different Nigerian passports. All this desperation to come to the US gives the consul reason to double check applicants harder because I have never heard such foolishness out of the UK. How do we stop others from thinking that getting a green card is the path to some sort of heaven ? Hearing the stories about those that got through the system less than honorably is upsetting because we know such snakes do not change their ways and make everyone they meet regret knowing Nigerians.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

TOS is clear on the matter. Had you not used someone's name, you likely could have had the post left up.

Please google "libel" when able. Have a nice day.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As a victim of visa fraud, I have to say that the responsibility has to somewhat lie on the victim to be more vigilant and not so blinded by what they think is love. If you take all your hard earned money and spend all of it to go to Nigeria to meet your intended fiance....bring gifts for every family member....use your own money to support yourself while you're there (food, petrol, etc) while living under the most horrible conditions you've ever been in, in your entire life....and then the day of your flight to go home ur 'fiance' counts your money to see what you have left....hands you back 20 bucks to go home with..... then makes a list of each household member (13 I believe was the count) and then writes how much should get distributed to each of them.....then leaves the room to go play santa claus and hand out all your money around the house....and THEN if that's not bad enough...he comes back in the room and tells you...oh, and my sister in-law wants to know if she can have you gold earrings!!!!!! ...........WTH.....you should definitely at that point RUN and never look back instead of going home and then filing all the papers to bring the person to the US!!!! This site talks a lot about red flags and that could not have been a bigger red flag waving bright RED in the Nigerian sky!! So when I went back and successfully filed for him to come over, I shouldn't have been surprised that he was gone in less than 6 months!!! Definitely a hard lesson learned.

Timeline

You remember how you felt with all the attention poured on you. So many here fall under the spell of those professions of love. They have not sat in a eatery in Nigeria watching a young man with 5 or more cell phones answering each phone with the same words. Getting here is a family business. I sometimes can't understand the depth of the spell that these people cast on their stepping stone to the US.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

You remember how you felt with all the attention poured on you. So many here fall under the spell of those professions of love. They have not sat in a eatery in Nigeria watching a young man with 5 or more cell phones answering each phone with the same words. Getting here is a family business. I sometimes can't understand the depth of the spell that these people cast on their stepping stone to the US.

This makes me very sad.

Naievity can happen to many unfortunately. Not to make light of the situation but get these people straight and then have them work for the FBI like this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale

Edited by Transborderwife