dees

police clearence certificate of uganda

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!,

I have Indian passport and I am working in Uganda since 2007.

My file is under process of CR1 visa at NVC. I submitted all necessary documents at NVC including police clearance certificate of Uganda.

I got my Police Clearence Certificate (Good Conduct Certificate) from Interpol. They took my finger prints and they sent it to CID for verification, then they issued PCC.

Now yesterday I got mail from NVC. I got below message in that mail

___10 - UGANDA POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________ UGANDA: Police certificates may be obtained by writing to the Director of CID, P.O. Box 2973, Kampala. Requests must contain correspondence explaining the need for the certificate, fingerprints taken at a police station, and photocopies of pages 1-5 and 61 of the passport. It takes approximately two weeks to obtain the certificate. Fee: Ush 50,000.​

I came to know from concern department. they are saying that only Interpol issues such kind of certificate. Formally CID department was issuing but not now. Further I did not understand about photocopies of pages 1-5 and 61 of passport. While I have passport with only 36 pages.

I would be very grateful if someone help me in this matter.

Regards

Dees

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.