christinagirl123

k 1 visa interview at New Delhi August 2015 experience

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi to all the k1 visa applicants from india , new delhi

I am writing this experience and some of my personal tips to all the aspirants thinking that it might be of any use if not harm.I have been going through all the threads related to k1 visa in VJ and it helped a lot ....specially all the types of questions posted by the members. So, all the questions asked by the counselor did not came as a shock to me as i was expecting it.So, sharing my experience is the least thing i can do .I thought it will help you prepare for your interview

i reached one hour before my interview time and i was let into the embassy building near about the time of interview.Once inside, the first counter will check your documents and give it back to you .Second counter will prepare your documents in a sequence and may ask for any documents thats missing or thats expected to bring. At this point they will ask you several questions( it seems to me like a pre screening) about you or may be your fiancé, a simple thing like name , current location or your job.Then , this person will take your documents and give you a token number to be interviewed by the counsellor.

The location and set up of counsellor interview is no different from the previous two counters.Just like previous one, counsellor would be in one of the window counter and you have to stand and then have your interview. It took me two and half hours to have the interview since i was let inside the embassy office .So, you will get enough time to settle your self and break down all the nervous and stress and by the time i had my interview i am all relaxed. So,i suggest you to relax during those long waiting times and be your self at the time of interview.

Question 1 : is it a love or arranged ??

Quesetion 2: When was your engagement?,place ? who all attended? Do you have pictures?

Question 3: What do you like about your fiancé? ,How did you meet?whats he doing?

Questions 4: How many kids you both have planned to have ?

Question 5: When are you getting married?how are you getting married? plans for your marriage? Are you going to register your marriage?

so, this last questions about your plan of marriage is quite important and expected.I have seen its been asked to all the previous candidates too.Even if you have not planned or decided about the specific dates , you have to convince her that you are getting married within those 90 days.So, i suggest its safe it you say like the dates not been decided but we are planning to get married in the first month or second month on reaching USA.

I would say you just need to relax and talk to her like any other person.talk with emotion and expressions.If she ask you what do you like about your fiancé , you think about him and express your views ,there is no right or wrong questions but the counsellor do judge your confidence and expression.There is nothing that she will ask you that you don't know.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

You calmed my nerves a little with the New Delhi embassy...

Should I worry about cultural questions while preparing for his interview? We are interracial, which is no problem in my mindset but after reading a few posts has made me worry that it could be a problem at the interview. Also our family is a lot of religions and we are extremely open minded so worried if that would be a problem. Basically im agnostic; he is christian, hindu, agnostic; his mother is buddhist; his dad is hindu; and my parents are born again Christians.

Should I be worried about this being an issue in the interview or from your experience did the interview process seem only like the CO was worried about verify that we will marry.

Sometimes I read too many of these people experiences and it makes me worried more but your post did a lot to calm my nerves and think we got this. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,

Sara

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

Timeline

Hi Sara

You know the first question asked to me on my interview was" is it love or arranged" ? When I said it's love , I got a smile in reply !! So , what I want to say is that it's possible that the councellor might ask you culture and religion related question as majority Indians being quite strict and rigid about interracial or inter religion marriage , but you should prepare your answer in all possible questions and convince that it's love and not religion or culture that brought you two together and secondly you should convince them that both the families are happy about that .good luck !

Timeline

Hi Sara

You know the first question asked to me on my interview was" is it love or arranged" ? When I said it's love , I got a smile in reply !! So , what I want to say is that it's possible that the councellor might ask you culture and religion related question as majority Indians being quite strict and rigid about interracial or inter religion marriage , but you should prepare your answer in all possible questions and convince that it's love and not religion or culture that brought you two together and secondly you should convince them that both the families are happy about that .good luck !

There are a lot of takeaways from the OP's interview that is similar to other Embassy's. That is, be confident, relax your talking to another person, smile and along with confidence look the CO in the eye when answering their questions. Great suggestion from the OP that you should be thinking of your answers prior to your interview.

OP, thanks for sharing your expeirience

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks - I have a question. Did you sent proof of relationships - chats, photo, engagement party etc when you sent the 134 (package 3 - i believe)? Or did you just take it to the interview?

01/31/2015 : 129F sent

02/04/2015 : NOA1

07/24/2015: RFE1

08/01/2015: Received paper mail RFE1

08/03/2015: Mailed response overnite

08/04/2015: Tracking showed TSC received

08/05/2015: TSC acknowledged that my RFE was received

08/14/2015: NOA2 approved

Timeline

Hi falcon26,

The relationship proof documents are once submitted with the petition I-129F but I brought it with me on the interview . The counselor asked me about my engagement party and then asked me to show any pictures if I have . That's when I showed her all the pictures and she was little impressed I guess. I recommend you to take all the pictures , call record , chat records etc in a simple and easy to see folder /file . You do not need to send the relationship proofs to embassy .

Goo luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.