mwah1

Vermont has transferred my case CR1 to another office after 5 months

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

We were expecting to get an approval as it's been over 5 months since we filed (9 march) but instead the receipt status says they've transferred our case to another uscis office and sent us a letter. I checked other receipt numbers around mine...and 2 cases got requests for evidence, 2 cases are still awaiting approval and one other case got transferred like ours. Does anyone have ideas why they would do this and what it could mean in terms of approval time. I think we're overdue now and were very organised so don't get why they haven't given it to us yet. My husband is a born citizen btw. Don't know if that changes anything.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We were expecting to get an approval as it's been over 5 months since we filed (9 march) but instead the receipt status says they've transferred our case to another uscis office and sent us a letter. I checked other receipt numbers around mine...and 2 cases got requests for evidence, 2 cases are still awaiting approval and one other case got transferred like ours. Does anyone have ideas why they would do this and what it could mean in terms of approval time. I think we're overdue now and were very organised so don't get why they haven't given it to us yet. My husband is a born citizen btw. Don't know if that changes anything.

Vermont is beyond backlogged and they are transferring you so you can have your case hopefully adjudicated in a timely fashion. They do this from time to time when centers get so behind.

Is this a stand alone I-130?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Yes it's a Stan alone I-130. Yes they must be backlogged...the weird thing is looking at other receipts there are sporadic approvals...I hope we can get approved at the other center as a sense of priority. It just doesn't seem fair that in other centres the same process takes 2 months - that's a big difference when you're away from your spouse.

Same here filled i130 on april 22 at vermont and gets today the transfer message, so lets hope it speeds things up....

April 17 2015 send I-130

April 22 2015 recieved I-130 vermont

april 28 2015 noa 1 in the mail

September 21 2015 transffered from vermont to california

October 05 2015 I-130 approved at california

october 09 2015 noa 2 in the mail

October 21 2015 case recieved at nvc

December 9 2015 all mail at nvc

January 16 2016 case completed at nvc

Yes. We can only hope we're transferred to California where things move fast!

I hope that too! :)

April 17 2015 send I-130

As I wrote a few days ago that USCIS are now taking more time to adjudicate I-130....Many people received notices from USCIS after them waiting for 5-6 months that USCIS would take another few months to process their petition. It is so ridicolous. I have keeping eyes on all these timeline on immigration applications/petitions for the last 18 years but its the worst timeframe I have seen for this kind of petition...It is so sad that its happening under Obama presidency as President Obama does nothing to improve all this timeframe despite of people paying so much for processing fees for all these applications/petitions. So sad...

Well i can understand that they are not jumping around to get more people in to the states. So one way i can understand this but the people that are applying are people that want wo contribute and they do it because they really want to. I think that people that enter illigal the usa are more a treat then we so... but yes that it happends now with us sucks but i can live with it.

I also wrote that if you travel for longer then 30 days to the usa you have to chance address at the uscis i was thinking of going for 5 weeks but i think its rediculous to do this, what is your oppinion on this point?

April 17 2015 send I-130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Same here... Mine got moved to CSC today.... Just checked online and confirmed.. ( Call their customer service number, and follow the options, you will get to an automated response and will hear the service center you have been moved to)

Now the thing is, who has been moved to CSC recently and how long does it take before you get the NOA2 for CSC with a transferred petition?

Same here... Mine got moved to CSC today.... Just checked online and confirmed.. ( Call their customer service number, and follow the options, you will get to an automated response and will hear the service center you have been moved to)

Now the thing is, who has been moved to CSC recently and how long does it take before you get the NOA2 for CSC with a transferred petition?

According the stats you can see that csc is currently proccessing june 25 thos doesnt say that much but its a good indication.

With a trasfer i quess they put us in order of date not in order of arrival so they should handle our case preffered (i hope) and its the dissision of that officer if you get an noa2 it might that they need more evidence or biometrics. But i guess there is an 95% chance of getting your noa2 fast. Within a couple weeks.

April 17 2015 send I-130

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just got a notification that my case has been transferred as well after 5 months. I hope it is for the best, not happy at all.

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

Just got a notification that my case has been transferred as well after 5 months. I hope it is for the best, not happy at all.

Hi Tosun2014 dont worry the uscis website says that it will not affect the prioritydate. Just cheched it

See the uscis site http://www.uscis.gov/news/transferring-cases-vermont-service-center-california-service-center for more info under section news date aug. 24

April 17 2015 send I-130

That mean an approval soon

I hope that too Chegi, im waiting aswell :(:)

April 17 2015 send I-130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.