Gianluca

USCIS Processing Time Information

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Do you know which local office you will go to for your interview?

just called them up actually, and they tell me the processing time for NYC office will be October, so basically december 2014 october 2015 isn't a lot of time?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Right. They are saying they will reach cases with priority dates of December 2014, sometime in October 2015. So, October 2015 is when you will probably have your interview. I should call them too and see when they expect me to have my interview in Detroit.

Timeline

that's what they say....I m confused though cause other people who filled around the same time here in NY they got called within 3 months or so and I actually thought that was the timing

Timeline

Well, I heard that the National Benefits Center started to get a lot of cases in October last year. So, processing times started to slow down. It is also the same with local offices. They seem to be taking 3 to 4 months longer than usual.

I have Niece who applied in February last year with her U.S. spouse. She had her Greencard by the end of May!!!

Timeline

ah, so basically anybody who filled in October or after will have more wait then the previous, cause I know different people that got the greencard withing actually 3 months so I was just wondering anything was ok since it has been 9 months almost. Also a couple of months after I filed it I received a mail from USCIS requiring a missing document for the I-485 so I called 2 time already asking if they received the copy of that but they did not have a clear answer about that

Timeline

Yes, I also received notices for documents that were missing. The notices are called RFE (Request for Evidence). I knew about it right away though, because I kept checking my status on the USCIS website. Both times, they wanted more tax forms from my spouse. And, they will put the case on hold till they get what they want. Once they have what they want, they will update your case status to say the date they received your evidence and, it will say they are working on your case again.

If you want to check your I-485 status and see when they received the evidence they requested, go to: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Put in the case number for your I-485 including the first 3 letters, which should be - MSCxxxxxxxxxx

They use MSC for the National Benefits Center because it used to be called the Missouri Service Center

Timeline

I've been checking on that for quiet sometime it has been on : "you case is ready to be schedule for an interview" forever, it has never changed any messages at all

I've been checking on that for quiet sometime it has been on : "you case is ready to be schedule for an interview" forever, it has never changed any messages at all

I just hope they received that

Timeline

Okay. Well that likely means that your I-485 is sitting at the New York local field office and they are waiting to schedule you for an interview. So, probably in another month or so, they will schedule your interview. I think they send out the notice about a month before your interview.

My I-485 hasn't updated since they received evidence in April. I am not even at the "ready to schedule interview" point, yet. :(

Timeline

Okay. Well that likely means that your I-485 is sitting at the New York local field office and they are waiting to schedule you for an interview. So, probably in another month or so, they will schedule your interview. I think they send out the notice about a month before your interview.

My I-485 hasn't updated since they received evidence in April. I am not even at the "ready to schedule interview" point, yet. :(

really? I think they update the status of my I-485 after two months or so, well at least I feel better about it as I thought I did something wrong filing it or sending documents

Timeline

My I-485 status just updated at 7:04 am today (I received an e-mail). It says that - "We scheduled you for an interview and mailed you an interview notice. Your interview is on October 07, 2015."

Timeline

My I-485 status just updated at 7:04 am today (I received an e-mail). It says that - "We scheduled you for an interview and mailed you an interview notice. Your interview is on October 07, 2015."

Oh Man! I'm exited for you!!! when did you file again??

Timeline

All my forms were received and given the priority date of February 10, 2015.

good for you my friend probably I will need to wait more as they tell me NYC office are backed up

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey how did the interview go? I got the mail for USCIS and my interview is dated on November 10!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.