jrwh1177

AOS Interview Recap - Las Vegas

1 post in this topic

Just got back from the interview. Here is the recap.

We arrived at 11:45 a.m. for a 12:15 p.m. appointment. We were let into the building at noon and were asked to sit and wait until our name was called. It was myself and my spouse, our attorney and an interpreter. After 45 minutes we were called in by the officer into her office. There were only three chairs in her office so she asked that the interpreter leave and that I (USC) translate during the proceedings. We were asked for identification and we were given instructions about how the proceedings would work. Were told that we could ask questions at any time and that at any time for any reason we could leave the interview but that by doing so we would be defaulting the application. If at any time we wanted to stop the interview and ask the attorney for advise, we could also do it. She turned on her monitors and on one of the screens was a document that said congratulations on your I-485 application. We hadn't even started the formal interview and the officer had already made her decision. My spouse couldn't see it but I could so that inside assured me quite a bit. She printed that document and hid it under the application.

We were sworn in and we were asked how we met and how long we had known each other. If at any time during the relationship we had separated. We answered that and moved on to verifying things in the application. First they asked me (USC) and then my spouse. We answered all questions in the application, primarily to verify that all the information was input accurately into the system. At the end she looked through the pictures we had submitted and asked us where we got married and where we worked.

She took out the paper she had printed initially and provided it to us, congratulated us and off we went. The entire process took under 20 minutes. We are super super excited!

What we brought to the interview were all the original documents, plus more pictures, a photo book I made online, bank statements, credit card statements, insurance paperwork, joint car title. I asked her is she wanted to see any of it and she said no. Again, her mind was already made up before we went into the room.

We initially filed March 31, 2015, so it took us 140 days from beginning to end. Good Luck to all my fellow applicants. The build up to the interview is intense and nerve wracking but just remember just to be honest and there is no question that you should be able to answer as you are the ones that are living the relationship.

Again, for those whose interviews are coming up, be ready and stay calm and all will be well. For those waiting for the interview dates, hang in there.

While I would love to celebrate this right now, unfortunately , I have to get back to work. The smile on my face will not go away even if I am at work against my will. :)

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.