m4rco

Following to join F4 derivative beneficiary

7 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I qualify as a derivative beneficiary of my wife who was petitioned by her sister. My wife is now in the US and has an LPR status already.

I have started working on acquiring my immigrant visa.

What I have done so far is that I have checked from ceac site and saw the status of my visa as ready.

Now I am trying to fill up the DS-261 and DS-260 forms but I keep on getting a message - application error. I have called the embassy and the agent asked me to get a screenshot of the error - so i did and send it to support@ustraveldocs.com. I got a reply saying that my case has been updated and that I need to log back into my account to see the details. I tried several times after that and still getting the same application error.

Am i missing something causing my process to halt?

Advise are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by m4rco

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sometimes there is a clock on how long you can access the follow to join benefit. Here is something that may help you http://manila.usembassy.gov/follow-to-join.html

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sometimes there is a clock on how long you can access the follow to join benefit. Here is something that may help you http://manila.usembassy.gov/follow-to-join.html

Thanks again Nigeria for continously responding.

I also checked this site before and what confuses me is the I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition. It says here "if applicable". I did not accomplish this form. When is it applicable and when is it not? Do you think my wife have have to fill and send it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here is what I find

In order to receive benefits by following to join an immediate relative, the qualifying family relationship must have existed prior to the principal’s adjustment of status or admittance to the United States as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). In the case of a spouse, for example, if the marriage occurred after the principal was issued an immigrant visa or adjusted status in the U.S., follow to join is no longer a valid option and the LPR must file a family based immigrant petition (I-130) on behalf of his or her family member. See Matter of G, 7 I&N Dec. 731 (BIA 1958).

The I-824 should be submitted by the principal beneficiary to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) service center that last handled his or her case (e.g. adjudicated his or her I-485). An I-824 must include the receipt number received with the approval of the principal beneficiary’s I-485, and as such, will not be adjudicated until the principal’s I-485 has been approved. When filing the I-824, applicants should also submit the following: a copy of the original application or petition used to apply for immigrant status; a copy of form I-797, Notice of Action, for the original petition; and a copy of the principal’s I-551 (permanent resident card / green card). Filing this form will notify the U.S. consulate that the principal’s status has been changed, and will qualify the LPR’s immediate relatives to apply for immigrant visas.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.