lala64

Email from Kingston... Advice please help.

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello I received this in my inbox today after the devastation of the news on Friday of my fiancé interview:

Dear Madam:

The proof of relationship
documents can be submitted by email. You may resubmit the
proof that was provided on the day of the interview in
addition anything
other document available to you. The documents will then
be reviewed and your fiancé contacted. Examples
are:

Photos
Phone records
Money transfer receipts

Insurance documents
Letters/emails/cards/chat logs
Petitioner’s passport
pages

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

I can pretty much see what I should send. is there anything else that would help strengthen this ask? Please only answer with sound advice not opinions if nothing else I still have hope!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That hopeful news i'm excited for you . Send what they ask for anything you have that you didn't send before, if you do digicel tap up sent those too, if you already started planning for you wedding and have receipt, invitations ect. send those too, post cards. Good luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello I received this in my inbox today after the devastation of the news on Friday of my fiancé interview:

Dear Madam:

addition anything

are:

Photos

Phone records

Money transfer receipts

Insurance documents

Petitioner’s passport

pages

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

I can pretty much see what I should send. is there anything else that would help strengthen this ask? Please only answer with sound advice not opinions if nothing else I still have hope!!

Dang there asking for Money receipts. Hope there wasn't alot. or it was back and forth. If it was alot on your part trim it down.

Show as much as you can about your visit pics, stamps, receipts where you went places. Then the chats is secondary. They are questioning that you have a foundation so show you do with evidence of such.

Weird they would ask for insurance documents how can you add a fiance to that. But if you did show that, If you added him to your child's registration, The in case for emergency. Affidavits from family. Time to send in the kitchen sink. This is your big chance to make your mark.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

So just as quick as they have opened the door they have shut it again. saying the consular decision still stands and the petition is going back to USCIS. Congress is still working on the case to see the issue but looks hopeless now that I have that response twice. I have no idea what the issue is and if it is not proof then we don't stand a chance no matter what we send.

So just as quick as they have opened the door they have shut it again. saying the consular decision still stands and the petition is going back to USCIS. Congress is still working on the case to see the issue but looks hopeless now that I have that response twice. I have no idea what the issue is and if it is not proof then we don't stand a chance no matter what we send.

this is the latest email I got:

Good day,

Please disregard previous mail. Checks with the Consul Officer indicate that the decision to return the case to USCIS for revocation will be upheld. The petition will therefore be returned to them. Once USCIS has received it, you will be contacted and afforded the opportunity to have the petition reaffirmed. At that time, additional proof of your relationship may be submitted.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit
Embassy of the United States of America
Kingston, Jamaica

Timeline

All this is saying is that it is being returned to USCIS and then you can submit more proof to them. For whatever reason, the CO doesnt think USCIS should have found you eligible to begin with, USCIS will say yes. it still stands with us and return it again to Kingston or they will agree with the consulate, but it does say that you will have a chance to submit additional documents to USCIS so all hope is not lost, I'm praying for you.

I know it isn't what you were hoping for but, you still have a chance so don't give up!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They did the exact same thing to us. Sent an email stating just "redo medical and schedule second interview" and then within 2 hours emailed back and said "disregard, applicant needs waiver". It's horrible that they do that to people. Wicked people dem. So very sorry for you. I know just how it feels. :(

Timeline

All this is saying is that it is being returned to USCIS and then you can submit more proof to them. For whatever reason, the CO doesnt think USCIS should have found you eligible to begin with, USCIS will say yes. it still stands with us and return it again to Kingston or they will agree with the consulate, but it does say that you will have a chance to submit additional documents to USCIS so all hope is not lost, I'm praying for you.

I know it isn't what you were hoping for but, you still have a chance so don't give up!!I

I Thought once it is returned it will expire and they wont reaffirm it so basically are they lying to me?

Timeline

Dear Madam:

addition anything

are:

Photos

Phone records

Money transfer receipts

Insurance documents

Petitioner’s passport

pages

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Thats very good news! When I sent my petition I sent western union receipt, digicel top up receipt, boarding passes, copies of my passport pages that showed I visit my fiance and pictures of the 2 of us while I was in Jamaica. Hope this help and all the best. I am pulling for you...

Filed: Timeline

I think there is a fighting chance here, just a delay or pause,

prepare whatever else you have to send when that time comes

Please DO NOT send too many wire transfer receipts, it can be

taken the wrong way, those around holidays or his Bday is

enough, USCIS don't want to see USC females sending money

regularly to a man...stay positive, after the rain then the rainbow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think there is a fighting chance here, just a delay or pause,

prepare whatever else you have to send when that time comes

Please DO NOT send too many wire transfer receipts, it can be

taken the wrong way, those around holidays or his Bday is

enough, USCIS don't want to see USC females sending money

regularly to a man...stay positive, after the rain then the rainbow

Jawaree it is not true what you are saying about wire transfer receipts. When I sent proof of relationship my lawyer had me send every one. It showed I had been sending my husband $100 a month for 2 solid years. I also had a life insurance policy where he would get the money if I died. USCIS sent our case back to the embassy for another interview and my husband is in America with me now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jawaree it is not true what you are saying about wire transfer receipts. When I sent proof of relationship my lawyer had me send every one. It showed I had been sending my husband $100 a month for 2 solid years. I also had a life insurance policy where he would get the money if I died. USCIS sent our case back to the embassy for another interview and my husband is in America with me now.

Carolyn:

Lala has petitioned for a K1 visa. There are differences between the K1 and CR1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.