YouAndMeK1

Final Quesions regarding Affadavit, and what is required for interview

2 posts in this topic

Everyone on this forum has been really helpful! I'm only left with a a simple question or 2. My dad will be the Co-sponsor and I the Sponsor - I do not meet the poverty line for I was a student and only working part time the past 2 years. As for now, I got a new job 2 weeks ago with decent pay *however* I doubt any info from that job would be useful. I'll only have 1 pay stub basically :/

My real question is in regards to tax returns/W2's vs Tax return transcripts. From what I've read,

1) if I I use tax return transcripts - that'll be all I have to submit right?

2) What year tax return transcripts should my father & I submit? 2015, 2014, and 2013? Or just one year? Or perhaps 2014, 2013 and 2012?

3) should either of us still submit a employer letter?

4) my father reaches far above the poverty line, but should we also still lost his house as an asset or is that not necessary? The I-134 does ask for mortgage and value of house I believe.

Thank you all so much! After these questions we'll be ready to get all we need for the interview :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello there,

1) Transcripts / W2s / Proof of Employment / Pay Stubs

2) Usually you only have to provide the last year's but to be on the safe side get at least the last 2 years transcripts.

3) Yes, both of you if possible... the more information you have the better.

4) No need to use his house as an asset since he makes enough... still list the house in the I-134 though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.