motoperpetuo

Notification for K-3 visa interview in US embassy in Tegucigalpa, Honduras

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

My wife and I are waiting for a K-3 visa. She is from Comayagua, Honduras, where the streets have no names. Literally, most streets aren't named in Honduras and I've never seen a house with a number there, so like most Hondurans, she doesn't have a mailing address. Hence, she told me that I needed to put "Cargo Expreso Comayagua" in Part 2, Item 3.a (Alien Fiance(e)'s Mailing Address) of the I-129F because apparently that is a service that the US embassy in Tegucigalpa uses to send correspondence to Comayagua.

Our I-129F was accepted on July 2, 2015. Sometime after that it occurred to me that I don't know how she is supposed to know when she has something from the embassy through this Cargo Expreso Comayagua service. As far as contact info for her, I only put her cell phone # on the I-129F (it never asks for her email address). My mailing address, phone number, and email address are also on the form. Does someone call her when they've sent something about her appointment, or do they contact me? Does anyone know?

Another question, I noticed that at http://www.visajourney.com/content/timesit gives the following information for K-3 processing times:

CSC: March 21, 2015

VSC: May 4, 2015

Per http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f, I sent our I-129F to the "Dallas Lockbox facility." Is there any way to tell if it is being processed in California (CSC) or Vermont (VSC)? I'm from Colorado, if that makes a difference.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Ok, I feel your pain. My husband is from Honduras and we recently went through the same confusion during our K-1 process.

To answer your easiest question, your case should be handled at the California Service Center, as that is the designated center for Colorado. You'll also see which Center is handling your case by looking at the return address of any notifications you should have received from USCIS.

First things first, you will be lucky to receive anything from the embassy there. I won't speak for everyone, but my husband is from the Bay Islands of Honduras and we received nothing from the Embassy, not instructions nor an appointment for interview.

Once we received our notice that the NVC had forwarded our case to Tegucigalpa, I called the Embassy there almost every day to try and get updates. Every time I called they would tell me to wait to hear from them until eventually I got tired of it and went ahead and scheduled the interview myself with the information that I had. I called the embassy call center, told them that *I had* received my instructions (they will not speak to you about scheduling unless you confirm that you received their correspondence) and I went ahead and rescheduled my interview, as they already had a date in the system that I had never received anything about. The embassy provides a list of the required documents on their website, which I followed and we ended up being fine in our interview.

I hope that helps out a little bit, I found that moving our case forward quickly would only happen if we did it ourselves!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. It's very helpful. So we should get a notification from the NVC that our papers have been forwarded to Tegus, correct? Maybe we could write our congressman after that happens and request assistance. I've heard that can help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.