SV350z

K1 Interview Next Week, NERVOUS!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone,

Our K1 interview is next week at the embassy. We are both terrified. I know there are lots of topics about this but I felt the need to express, sorry if anyone is sick of reading these ;) (I read them all haha).

We are a same-sex couple which doesn't matter I know, but, In the country we are in El Salvador on a social level it's still 50/50. I assume the employees of the embassy will be professional about it. I am putting together some additional evidence for him (my fiancee) to take just in case. I have looked around and don't see any other cases in El Salvador of same -sex yet.

So far in the additional info I have armed a well organized folder with flip pages, it's small, flexible and not overwhelming. I have included 15 pages in total, each one contains 2 pictures, starting in order from when we first met to the present day. They all have a date, location and notes under them.

We have lived together in his country since we met, I was here on work and am a US Citizen. We own a business together in El Salvador and have a "sociedad" which is like a US Corporation. The name of the corporation is "xx / xx investments", the xx being each of our last names. We are half owners each. I plan to take that as evidence, I think that shows we have some strong tie together. I am also taking signed letters from friends and employees about us. I am sure most of it won't even be looked at but just in case. I am also bringing my last years 1040 and W2. That is what the Packet 4 here says to bring.

I emailed the embassy here and asked if I could attend with him, they said I can enter but cannot be at the consular window with him. So far they have been very responsive and accommodating. I saw in some reviews for this embassy that in the past they have not let couples enter but the beneficiary mentions to the CO that the fiancee is outside and they send them to bring them in. I would like to attend with him. My fiancee is very nervous because ... well this changes our whole lives of course.

Does anybody have any tips on what to bring or do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Mexico/Latin/South America regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.