Kiwan

1385$ social security income and i864 spouse i130 visa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello vj members.

Here is situation.we already paid aos and iv processing fee.some of documents left to get.my wife gets 1385$ From social security which is tax free income.she is about to fill out i864 .to calculate that amount is it enough to sponsor me?

If she send then it what will b happen.

If she try to get job soon.so how long after she can send a job latter to

We don't have joint sponsor right now.

Any other suggestions please

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello vj members.

Here is situation.we already paid aos and iv processing fee.some of documents left to get.my wife gets 1385$ From social security which is tax free income.she is about to fill out i864 .to calculate that amount is it enough to sponsor me?

If she send then it what will b happen.

If she try to get job soon.so how long after she can send a job latter to

We don't have joint sponsor right now.

Any other suggestions please

Thank you.

Your wife won't be able to sponsor you base on her income. If your wife gets a job she has to working for at least 6 months before she could sponsor you and on the other hand she could end up loosing social security benefits. The best option is to try and get a sponsor

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your wife won't be able to sponsor you base on her income. If your wife gets a job she has to working for at least 6 months before she could sponsor you and on the other hand she could end up loosing social security benefits. The best option is to try and get a sponsor

co-sponsor/joint sponsor

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Timeline

Who can b joint sponsor. Is any unknow person can b a joint sponsor,I had a friend in states but he live in other state.is he can joint sponsor.

co-sponsor/joint sponsor

What is difference between them,

Who can b joint sponsor. Is any unknow person can b a joint sponsor,I had a friend in states but he live in other state.is he can joint sponsor.

What is difference between them,

Yes Anyone can be Sponsor as long as they are working and paid taxes and us citizen And Yes you need jointed Sponsor

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes Anyone can be Sponsor as long as they are working and paid taxes and us citizen And Yes you need jointed Sponsor

That's not right.

A Joint Sponsor must be 1) at least 18 years old, 2) be a US citizen or LPR, and 3) meet the income/asset requirements.

A person does not have to "work and paid taxes and us citizen" to be a Joint Sponsor. It can be someone who does not work, does not pay taxes, and have lots of assets. The JS can be an LPR; the JS does not have to be a US citizen. As long as the person has income and/or assets, then it's okay for that USC or LPR to be the Joint Sponsor.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

That's not right.

A Joint Sponsor must be 1) at least 18 years old, 2) be a US citizen or LPR, and 3) meet the income/asset requirements.

A person does not have to "work and paid taxes and us citizen" to be a Joint Sponsor. It can be someone who does not work, does not pay taxes, and have lots of assets. The JS can be an LPR; the JS does not have to be a US citizen. As long as the person has income and/or assets, then it's okay for that USC or LPR to be the Joint Sponsor.

Thanks for information.i will try to find a joint sponsor who lives in other state then my partitioner.he is a friend.we are about 3000$ behind to reach poverty guide line.if my joint sponsor make 3000 per year can he b a joint sponsor or joint sponsor have to b meet fully poverty guide line even my petitioner would b primary sponsor,

Our case stuck in nvc coz of this.

Timeline

Thanks for information.i will try to find a joint sponsor who lives in other state then my partitioner.he is a friend.we are about 3000$ behind to reach poverty guide line.if my joint sponsor make 3000 per year can he b a joint sponsor or joint sponsor have to b meet fully poverty guide line even my petitioner would b primary sponsor,

Our case stuck in nvc coz of this.

The Joint Sponsor must make enough by himself for his household. The Joint Sponsor's income can not be combined with your wife's income.

Timeline

The Joint Sponsor must make enough by himself for his household. The Joint Sponsor's income can not be combined with your wife's income.

Can u tell difference between joint sponsor and co sponsor.

Timeline

Joint Sponsor is the legal term used by the US Government.

Co sponsor is used by people to refer to the Joint Sponsor on the I-864 and to the person who is not the petitioner sending in an I-134.

You need a Joint Sponsor.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How many are in your joint sponsors household? It will be his household plus you. So if he has more than 2 he has to make more.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's not right.

My sister is Canadian and lives and work in Ontario and has assets , can she be a joint sponsor or not ?

Timeline

That's not right.

My sister is Canadian and lives and work in Ontario and has assets , can she be a joint sponsor or not ?

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.