Bihgaming

Need some assistance with filling out forms with Joint Sponsor

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

I am currently trying to fill out forms for the K1 fiance visa. I am using rapidvisa right now becasue it seems simple enough to understand what I need to enter in the forms. I have some question on the forms, first it asks about 5 years of employment history which I dont have. Instead I put down that I was a student for four years and one year of work. Will that cause any issues with the process? Second, I want to use my parents as a joint sponsor but I have no idea which forms I enter their information.Is it the Affidavit of Support form?

Basically I want to know which forms do I enter my joint sponsors information and are there any documents needed to be sent with the forms if I am using Rapidvisa for example.. I havent paid for the rapidvisa service yet just in case there is an alternative agency or if its simple enough to do by my self.

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you don't need rapid visa and to pay for the serivice

this is a self help forum

all this you can do yourself with help from members

do the timeline when you submit your K 1

also give information like country of the finance

all countries have differences in requirements at the interview stage

knowing the country and paying attention to those who go thru the process there is important

give as much information as you can and feel comfortable with to allow members to help you

your co sponsor will fill out the I 864 and you will (they must be willing to submit IRS tax returns)

He's K1. So he wants to fill out I-134 not I-864.

Here is the form that both you AND your cosponsor will fill out: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf

You both have to fill out one each, so one for you, one for your cosponsor. Your cosponsor also has the same requirements as you for showing proof. AKA, if you claim you make any money you do need to prove it via employer letter, paystubs, tax return (unless you didn't work last year). The same goes for your cosponsor, if you or them claim any assets, you'll want to get bank statements as well.

But I don't think a lot of us use rapid visa, we more so do the process based on this site. What part of the process are you on? Have you already had your I-129F approved or is that what you're filing?

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

Thank you for the information. My fiance is from Brazil. The timeline is the "Immigration Timelines" link on the top of the page? I will do that now.

EDIT: Thanks ash for the information.

Edited by Bihgaming

Timeline

He's K1. So he wants to fill out I-134 not I-864.

Here is the form that both you AND your cosponsor will fill out: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf

You both have to fill out one each, so one for you, one for your cosponsor. Your cosponsor also has the same requirements as you for showing proof. AKA, if you claim you make any money you do need to prove it via employer letter, paystubs, tax return (unless you didn't work last year). The same goes for your cosponsor, if you or them claim any assets, you'll want to get bank statements as well.

But I don't think a lot of us use rapid visa, we more so do the process based on this site. What part of the process are you on? Have you already had your I-129F approved or is that what you're filing?

I am currently filling out the I-129F form.

Oh okay. Well, the I-134 isn't needed until your fiance has their interview. They bring it with them on their interview date which is months down the line.

The only things needed for the I-129 are found here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Look at the checklist that's on that page. Those are the only things you'll want to send with your I-129F.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I initially signed up with rapidvisa and it seemed wonderful since I am extremely busy at work. Unfortunately when I received the initial I-129F petition to review there were several gross errors. It would have definitely been denied or received an RFE if I had not thoroughly reviewed it using VisaJourney's reference material.

After becoming a member of VisaJourney all of my questions have been answered and we got our NOA2 approval in only 14 days!!!

Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.