iamtintontan

Proof of relationship question. INTERVIEW

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, all

I am so happy I saw this post and congrats to all who got visa approved

I just have a question. My husband and i got married on a civil wedding and we were only with my brother and sister in the civil wedding ceremony. My husband's family members are all living in the states. My mom and dad were not able to come with us because they are taking care of our son. I just gave birth to my son then. My son was 1 month old then. Do you think the interviewer will question us and feel suspicious that we were only with my sister and brother during the wedding and that none of my husband's relatives were there?

We had this wedding when my husband came

Home for a 2month vacation because i am going to give birth to our son.

And the process we went through in getting married was really done quickly because we were having a hard time finding a pastor to wed us because most pastors were already fully booked that time and we're told that it takes weeks to schedule. So in short, we really had no specific date in mind for the wedding. We just had to take whatever date we were given because we only had a few weeks left before my husband went back to the states.

Sorry for the long post. I am just concerned about being questioned about our civil wedding

They are really looking for evidence of a genuine relationship..... To me, having a son together is more evidence than who was at your wedding. I assume that your husband is the father and is on the birth certificate?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Awww thanks so much, barbara360. That really made me feel better. :)

And killercat, yup, my husband is the father and he is also declared as the father in the birth certificate

Thanks so much you guys!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.