Hazel18

Question

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I have a friend who is pregnant not a citizen but married. She wants her hubby to be there for the birth of her baby so her OB/GYN gave her a letter to send to the Embassy. So she wanted to know how she can start the process HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The pregnant woman is a green card holder then?

The husband applies for the tourist visa. He must show strong ties to his home country. Reasons that he will return. Having a wife and baby (soon) in the US may hurt his chances of approval but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. He can bring the letter issued by the ob-gyne as additional documentation.

Good luck!

Edited by apple21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

No she said she's only trying to bring him here just for the birth of the baby then she will do the I130 after she becomes a citizen

Did they file the i130 already?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How long till the birth? It may be easier (and cheaper!) for her to travel to his country and give birth there.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He applies for tourist visa not something she needs to be involved in.

What is his nationality.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

No harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

My fiancee wasn't able to be here for the birth of our baby. We didn't even try for a tourist visa because we knew he didn't have strong enough ties to his country.

So we skyped at prenatal visits so he could be a part of everything. My OB would speak to him on Skype at the appointments. He would see the ultrasounds on Skype.

Before my due date I called the hospital to makes sure I could use Skype in the delivery room. They said yes but we weren't allowed to video record in L&D. I checked out their wifi to make sure it was going to work for video calls.

So my fiancee was able to be there for us via Skype in the delivery room. Not ideal but we are grateful he was able to be present in any capacity.

Good luck to your friend!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think she's due in november her belly is too big they won't let her travel

She can fly without issues until week 36 though some airlines have slightly different rules if the flight goes mainly over water but she should be perfectly fine flying unless it's a high risk pregnancy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Let me just throw this out there...

The pregnant friend might prefer giving birth to the baby here for the benefit of been a natural born citizen...

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Let me just throw this out there...

The pregnant friend might prefer giving birth to the baby here for the benefit of been a natural born citizen...

Quite possible, everybody has their own priiorities.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.