Tom&Eve

NVC Visa Interview Letter (Packet 4) has not arrived

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-29F left NVC for Manila Embassy on 21 August (23 Days Ago). I have yet to receive anything from the NVC in the form of a "packet 4" or further instructions. The CEAC website status states " Ready" and further advises us to schedule an interview with the Embassy.

We are ready to do all of this with one exception. SLMC lists as required documents 3 copies of the NVC interview letter which we have not received from the NVC. I do not want to send my fiance from Cebu to Manila only to be turned away by medical and thus not ready for her interview.

Below comes from the SLMC website as requirments.

• Interview letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) or Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the Embassy.
  • If Interview letter or Visa Interview Confirmation was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copy for each derivative. For applicants who registered online, 2 copies of the online registration confirmation form.

This is confusing. Can she simply request an interview online? I read a topic already that says SLMC refused a medical exam due to the lack of an NVC Appointment confirmation.

How long does it take to receive an NVC appointment letter once the I-129F leaves the NVC? Anyone experiene anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Edited by Tom&Eve

Timeline

For USEM it is all online and you schedule your own interview. Here is a link to a page that Hank put together which gives you all of the details.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

Here is the link to the Embassy letter:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/iv_appointments.html

After you pay the Visa fee, you can schedule your interview on line.

NVC doesn't send you anything, except a letter with the case number. The interview instructions is sent by USEM, however that letter hardly ever arrives. Basically once you have your MNL number you can pay the visa fee and schedule the interview.

SLEC requires you to have the interview confirmation letter and letter from NVC with the case number. Yes, you are the one to schedule the interview. NVC does not schedule it.

Here is the embassy instruction letter you are waiting on: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

You can set up a profile here for scheduling the visa interview: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

You may need to wait a bit of time after paying the visa fee, for the MRV receipt number to be valid. Once you enter the MRV receipt # the next page is the scheduling calendar. After you choose your interview date, the next page is the confirmation page. Print that out and take it with you to the medical at St Lukes.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

NVC doesn't send you anything, except a letter with the case number. The interview instructions is sent by USEM, however that letter hardly ever arrives. Basically once you have your MNL number you can pay the visa fee and schedule the interview.

SLEC requires you to have the interview confirmation letter and letter from NVC with the case number. Yes, you are the one to schedule the interview. NVC does not schedule it.

Here is the embassy instruction letter you are waiting on: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

You can set up a profile here for scheduling the visa interview: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

You may need to wait a bit of time after paying the visa fee, for the MRV receipt number to be valid. Once you enter the MRV receipt # the next page is the scheduling calendar. After you choose your interview date, the next page is the confirmation page. Print that out and take it with you to the medical at St Lukes.

Thank you for the reply.

That was my concern is that I have not received the NVC letter with the case number, however when I called they gave it to me over the phone. It looks like I'll continue waiting a bit for this to show up. I can't have her go to St. Lukes without a copy of the NVC letter which I have yet to receive. Once I get the letter, I'll have her schedule the interview online. Thanks again.

Tom

Timeline

For USEM it is all online and you schedule your own interview. Here is a link to a page that Hank put together which gives you all of the details.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

Here is the link to the Embassy letter:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/iv_appointments.html

After you pay the Visa fee, you can schedule your interview on line.

Thanks. I'm aware of how to schedule the interview. My concern is that I don't have an NVC letter (I got the MNL number on the phone). I can't send her to St. Lukes to get her medical until she has a copy of that letter which hasn't arrived yet. Bummer. Its been 3 weeks since NVC sent the case to the Embassy. The Embassy is ready for us to schedule an interview, but without that letter I can't send her to Manila and risk her being turned away from medical because of the lack of the NVC letter showing her case number.

Tom

Timeline

Thanks. I'm aware of how to schedule the interview. My concern is that I don't have an NVC letter (I got the MNL number on the phone). I can't send her to St. Lukes to get her medical until she has a copy of that letter which hasn't arrived yet. Bummer. Its been 3 weeks since NVC sent the case to the Embassy. The Embassy is ready for us to schedule an interview, but without that letter I can't send her to Manila and risk her being turned away from medical because of the lack of the NVC letter showing her case number.

Tom

My understanding is that NVC letter usually arrives after the visa has already been issued. I have not received the NVC letter and my fiance will start her medical Tuesday. She will have the interview appointment confirmation and a screen print of the Case Status on DOS web site. Others have used the printed screen capture successfully.

Timeline

No package 3 or 4 is issued anymore. Everything is on the website. I did not even receive case number in a letter.

You must be proactive in tracking and calling to get the number to do this in a timely manner. Liza just completed the interview and had her medical last week. They do not even seem to require anything in printing besides a copy of the NOA2. I had her print up the CEAC case number on the tracking just in case, but it seems they didn't even ask for anything like that.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tom

Don't need the NVC letter to complete the medical, the interview confirmation page is the other document that USEM lists, only need one or the other.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you all for the responses. I will have her schedule her appointment and bring the print off of her appt. confirmation and the screenshot from the CEAC website. Thanks.

Thank you all for the responses. I will have her schedule her appointment and bring the print off of her appt. confirmation and the screenshot from the CEAC website. Thanks.

i just had my medical last week without the letter from the embassy. just show them the screenshot of ready status in ceac website. goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.