normjoy

help with check list from NVC

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I just got an email from NVC today and got a check list. I wanted to know what do I send. Do I just resend everything I sent or just the affidavit of support signed and dated. (which I believe I signed and dated). I know I sent a copy of my passport and its up to date but ill send it anyways.

also for them saying I don't meet the minimum income for 2? what is the poverty line for 2, isn't it $22,912 (Hawaii) x 125% = $28,640 which I make 35-40k a year. would I still need a second sponsor?

thank you :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial

documents. We found that you didn't provide all the necessary supporting documents or you had

incomplete information or you missed some questions on the Affidavit of Support form(s).

On the attached Affidavit of Support checklist, we have put an "X" by each item you need to correct.

You must send additional financial supporting documents or complete and submit a new form with the

corrections noted on the attached checklist, or both. You will need to go to the Department of State's

website at http://nvc.state.gov/aosand follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support form(s). From

there, you can fill out a new form online, then print and send it to the NVC. Please read all instructions

and send the necessary forms and supporting documents to the NVC. We require an Affidavit of Support

form for each case regardless of your income level.

Your case is on hold until you send us the items we need. When you return the documents to the NVC,

please make sure that the documents are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in the I-864

Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

We reviewed the Affidavit of Support documentation you sent to the National Visa Center

(NVC). According to the current poverty guidelines, it does not appear you or any of your

sponsors meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant(s)

for this petition. To avoid delays, you may have an additional sponsor complete an

Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and provide it to the intending immigrant to submit at

their interview. At that time, a consular officer will make a decision regarding this

requirement.

T

o view the current poverty guidelines, go to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

Form I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support & Financial

Evidence Checklist

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing

instructions.

[x] I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support, Checklist

[x] In Part 3. Information on the Sponsor (You), please correct the following...

[x] Item 14. You must indicate your current U.S. citizenship/residency status.

[x] In Part 6. Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...

[x] Item 21. You must sign the form and your signature must be original.

[x] Item 21. You must enter the date you signed the form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

They're not asking for a joint sponsor and your income is more than enough.

I think they mean that you didn't check off whether you were a US citizen or an LPR. Also, make sure your signature is an original and not a copy.

It seems like they received all other supporting documents so you would just need to submit the I-864EZ form again.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

They're not asking for a joint sponsor and your income is more than enough.

I think they mean that you didn't check off whether you were a US citizen or an LPR. Also, make sure your signature is an original and not a copy.

It seems like they received all other supporting documents so you would just need to submit the I-864EZ form again.

Teeak,

thank you. got abit excited thinking it was case complete oh wells hopefully we can get an interview by October. fingers crossed :-)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Best of luck! I'm hoping for the same! :)

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.