Waiting to schedule interview In Algeria

38 posts in this topic

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

ye :( just called the support again via skype, they told me to email the embassy nd it's up to the embassy to schedule your appointment. I kept telling him there's appointments available for spetembre nd he kept telling me no you have to email the embassy, they'll schedule it for you.... so weird...

You'll find their skype in this link http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-main-contactus.asp

Basically you add ustraveldocs-algeria as a contact nd then call. If I was you I'll call them there nd confirm, to avoid any bad surprise.

May Allah be with you.

Edited by Amine87

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

We received a reply email from the embassy that said for interview date just keep checking the website for availability. The embassy doesn't schedule the intial interview. I think they only do it if you have an interview and need to reschedule. My fiance is in contact with someone that has finished the process and just arrived in America. He scheduled his interview on that site. The embassy did not do it for him. There are other embassies in other countries that do that for you, but not Algeria.

May Allah be with you as well

Timeline

Oh I see thanks for this info. We emailed them again to see if they received our case or no, since we cannot do anything while it's in transit :(. Wish I can pick sep 9, but my fiancee wanna be here to meet my family nd be with me during the interview at the same time. 14 days is just impossible for us. Cannot wait to hear the good news from you :) good luck guys

Timeline

Ugh!! Trying to schedule the medical is a nightmare. When you call, someone answers and then they will transfer you to the people who schedule medicals for visa. However, those people just hang up on you without talking at all!!! We have called many times get put on hold then get disconnected ugh!!!!!! The woman transferring calls is aware that the schedulers disconnect people and she suggests that we come in to the place to schedule the medical. So that is what we will do. It is just frustrating because my fiance is 7 hours away from the capital :(

I just wanted to put this info out there to help others from Algeria trying to do the same as us

Timeline

Yes I am aware, this is Algeria. That's what I was gonna do too, taking a plane just to schedule medical exam. Why do you think they dont answer to our emails or calls? Cuz all these workers are algerians. The unique american you gonna see at the embassy is the CO. NOA2 is the easiest stage for us lol

Timeline

Lol. Yes all things done for this process here in America was easy and quick for us. Everything being done In Algeria is frustrating. But.... Alhamdulillah for all we have and insha'allah everything will go quickly for everyone involved in a journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi, im new , not sure im in the right spot...?? but my case was completed at NVC 8-6-15 and i call everyday and still not date with Algeria embassy for interview date, I am reading here that everyone seems to be waiting a long time too.
can anyone give me any advice or help ?
is this normal to have to wait a long time for the interview ?

Timeline

Hi, im new , not sure im in the right spot...?? but my case was completed at NVC 8-6-15 and i call everyday and still not date with Algeria embassy for interview date, I am reading here that everyone seems to be waiting a long time too.

can anyone give me any advice or help ?

is this normal to have to wait a long time for the interview ?

Hi, well you have to fill ds160 form for now and when it says "ready" on the online tracker, checkout for available appointments everyday, seems gave August 24, and Sep 7,8,9 so far. Good luck :)

edit: You're doing spouse visa, maybe what I said was wrong, donnu if it's diffrenet from K1visa or not.

Edited by Amine87

Timeline

Thank you for reply,
Yes i am doing a spouse visa.
I was told by NVC that i just have to wait until they sch. interview then the letter will give instructions. but seems like while we are waiting we could be doing whatever the next step is.
I don't know... like i said im new on here. so kinda feel lost :(

Timeline

Thank you for reply,

Yes i am doing a spouse visa.

I was told by NVC that i just have to wait until they sch. interview then the letter will give instructions. but seems like while we are waiting we could be doing whatever the next step is.

I don't know... like i said im new on here. so kinda feel lost :(

The process for k1 visa and spousal visa are different. I'm doing k1, so I don't know what you should be doing while you wait for an interview. Insha'allah someone with more experience Will come along and help you.

Search this site its very informative. Check the regional section read topics in the MENA section. Check out the guides at the top of the page

Good luck on your journey

Timeline

Thanks, Im still trying to navigate through this site, and figure out all the abbreviations :)
Im hoping that someone who is doing the same visa as me will give me some help or someone who just finished can give me some tips ,
I see on the other thread for oct interviews that looks like its gonna be a long wait. Im hoping that isnt that case for Algeria Embassy.

long sighhhhh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.