RMYS

Vacation, should I bring any docs with me so the process don't stop?

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

My NOA1 is done, I send today RFE for NOA2 (pics was not send with 2x2 size, our bad). My question is, soon I go to US for 3 months. I'm expected to come back from vacation and every step to be finalize, just waiting for my interview date.

I'm wondering if theres any documentation that I should need for the next steps. I will not be here (my country) to request them, and I don't want that the process get stuck because I need the paper X and only can get it when I return from my vacation.

Any advise related to that topic will be welcome.

Edited by RMYS

Removal of Conditions

09/13/18  I-751 Petition was send to USCIS Lockbox in Arizona

09/20/18  E-mail confirming case was accepted with receipt# (routed to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center)
09/20/18  Check cashed
10/20/18  NOA 1 Notice Date

10/27/18 NOA 1 Received

07/01/19  Bio-metrics 

07/25/19  Approval Letter

X/X/X ◄ Green Card Receive 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi everyone.

My NOA1 is done, I send today RFE for NOA2 (pics was not send with 2x2 size, our bad). My question is, soon I go to US for 3 months. I'm expected to come back from vacation and every step to be finalize, just waiting for my interview date.

I'm wondering if theres any documentation that I should need for the next steps. I will not be here (my country) to request them, and I don't want that the process get stuck because I need the paper X and only can get it when I return from my vacation.

Any advise related to that topic will be welcome.

If you haven't gotten them already you will need a copy of your birth certificate and police certificate for sure. Photo copies of them are acceptable for your interview as they will keep the original if you bring that. Any divorce, death or military records if they pertain to you.

Your consulate will email you the next steps for packet 3 which will instruct you to fill out the DS-160 online and to fill out and return email a signed form of readiness. About a week after you reply to their email you will receive a letter in the mail at your address in Portugal with the final instructions on what documents to bring along with your interview date.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.