visaqueries

Checking With Immigration to See If They Can Release His License

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband has been here since May 2014. He received his driver's license after he received his EAD/AP, and it was valid for one year in Missouri. In June or July we received notice that his driver's license was set to expire, and when he renewed it, he'd have to pay $20. Well, after his conditional green card arrived we went to the DMV, and his license was renewed. We received a paper copy, valid for a month until the license arrives. Needless to say, it's been a month, and his paper copy expired. So, we returned to the DMV, and they told us to call Jefferson City. We did, and they told my husband to go back to the DMV, tell them to call Jefferson City to extend the paper copy because they have to talk to their immigration department to see if they can release his license. ????

We aren't sure why this has occurred, but here are some further pieces of information. Upon the renewal of the license, he was awarded one that will last for 7 years. At the time we asked if he was eligible for that because he had a conditional green card. The girl helping us said, we were because they assume we will be getting the 10 year green card. We didn't think that was possible, but she insisted. She actually said his license would be 6 years though the license said 7. The next person we spoke with said the date is automatically generated, so 7 years is correct. She copied his green card and sent him on his way.

So...will his license be released is the question?

We are thinking they might have to issue us a refund for 5 years' worth of driving and only allow his license to be valid until the expiration of his conditional green card. Does anyone concur or disagree with this assumption?

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

DMV employees failed the MCDonald's intelligence test, so bear that in mine when dealing with them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.