lala64

3 days before fiance interview..losing my mind!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I am so sure that many of you can relate. I am stressed to the max. on Friday, my fiancé and his son have the interview in Jamaica. I know I am driving him crazy asking him questions I think they may ask...lol however I don't know what they may ask him to be honest. We are 20 years apart in age and probably that will come up. He feels that he has the best possible answer if it is an issue which he says is all he can tell them is the truth. So I don't even ask what exactly he is going to say. all I can do is pray. He will travel to Kingston tomorrow because the son still needs 2 shots and pick up the medical and stay in Kingston for 2 nights until the interview with his brother. I can not wait until Friday is over. This is not a good feeling knowing your life is in someone elses hands to determine if your relationship is real enough to allow you to be together. we have been together 14 months and it has not been easy I tell you but Love should conquer all. In any case I am trying to keep myself occupied but honestly have not rested well since Saturday night and have a pounding headache that wont quit and probably wont until Friday when he tells me of our situation. I wouldn't wish this agony on a dog or worst enemy. Just pray for us VJ family and thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I am so sure that many of you can relate. I am stressed to the max. on Friday, my fiancé and his son have the interview in Jamaica. I know I am driving him crazy asking him questions I think they may ask...lol however I don't know what they may ask him to be honest. We are 20 years apart in age and probably that will come up. He feels that he has the best possible answer if it is an issue which he says is all he can tell them is the truth. So I don't even ask what exactly he is going to say. all I can do is pray. He will travel to Kingston tomorrow because the son still needs 2 shots and pick up the medical and stay in Kingston for 2 nights until the interview with his brother. I can not wait until Friday is over. This is not a good feeling knowing your life is in someone elses hands to determine if your relationship is real enough to allow you to be together. we have been together 14 months and it has not been easy I tell you but Love should conquer all. In any case I am trying to keep myself occupied but honestly have not rested well since Saturday night and have a pounding headache that wont quit and probably wont until Friday when he tells me of our situation. I wouldn't wish this agony on a dog or worst enemy. Just pray for us VJ family and thanks in advance.

If the relationship is real he will no every answer to the questions they might ask. It's not a time to stress. They won't ask anything they he shouldn't already know.

Timeline

I know how you feel. Mine is in 8 days and I'm stressed out about it, going to the interview with my hubby but I'm nervous.

I wish I could be there with it but no way that I can. I can only pray he does well with out me there good luck to you

Timeline

If the relationship is real he will no every answer to the questions they might ask. It's not a time to stress. They won't ask anything they he shouldn't already know.

there is no IF. my relationship is absolutely genuine. He knows as much as a person could know about someone in over a years time talking every single day. I hope you are right. thanks for the words of wisdom :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I looked all over for a pie-chart that I once had, in regard to age-disparate marriages within the U.S. The chart showed that older-women marriages aren't unusual. I'm disappointed not to have found it. You might try a Google search (as I will), and perhaps one of us will stumble on it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Just tried a search and came nowhere close. However, here's one example of an article that yields tidbits of use when the May-December aspect of the relationship is brought up:

http://www.fixyourrelationshipadvice.com/age-difference-in-relationships-too-big/

Perhaps you can give him a few last-minute additions to his arsenal.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I looked all over for a pie-chart that I once had, in regard to age-disparate marriages within the U.S. The chart showed that older-women marriages aren't unusual. I'm disappointed not to have found it. You might try a Google search (as I will), and perhaps one of us will stumble on it.

Great thanks. I will look for it. if nothing more than to distract myself. :)

Timeline

Just tried a search and came nowhere close. However, here's one example of an article that yields tidbits of use when the May-December aspect of the relationship is brought up:

http://www.fixyourrelationshipadvice.com/age-difference-in-relationships-too-big/

Nice read. thanks.

Timeline

Welcome. Fear and distraction are excellent reasons. :)

Filed: Timeline

Genuine relationships ...then there is nothing to worry about , older female

they may or may not bring it up, it all depends on CO..couples should not

have to study for a 5-10 talk (that's what it'll be) If they communicate

even though apart they will know whats up in each others life, I know they will

ask the age of spouse kids & names, where the US spouse works...good luck all.

Timeline

I also found this:

I am frequently asked by couples interested in applying for a K1 Fiancé Visa whether a large age difference will cause immigration to deny their Fiancé Visa request. Generally the answer is no, but a large age difference between a couple is a factor that USCIS will consider. There is no set rule or restriction on ages, but the wider the gap between the couple’s ages, the more scrutiny you can expect your application to receive. USCIS will evaluate all the factors that you submit to show that your relationship is genuine. Where there is a very large age difference between the couple, the more facts you should present to show that you are truly in love. In my experience, age differences of 10, 20 and even 30 years is not uncommon.
You are welcome to call me anytime if you have any questions about the K1 Fiance Visa.
Searching online the last post I could find even on VJ was around 2011 that mentions age as a possible factor for denial. I cant find anything that says they were denied because of their age differences. I am making myself crazy. I need to have more faith. Worse possible scenario is that the visa gets denied and I go there to marry him. Don't wanna go that route but if necessary I will.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

over 97% of K-1 visas are approved. So unless something is extremely wrong, He should be fine. I let the approval ratings make me a little more settled (not completely though). I can't imagine being so close to the interview day. I will probably be a nervous wreck too. I can understand the 20 years age difference. Older men are very caring and more mature so, to me, that isn't such a big deal. Just keep speaking into one another and tell him to relax and be truthful and it will be well.

Timeline

over 97% of K-1 visas are approved. So unless something is extremely wrong, He should be fine. I let the approval ratings make me a little more settled (not completely though). I can't imagine being so close to the interview day. I will probably be a nervous wreck too. I can understand the 20 years age difference. Older men are very caring and more mature so, to me, that isn't such a big deal. Just keep speaking into one another and tell him to relax and be truthful and it will be well.

Thank you but I am the older woman (USC). your words are comforting. I cant see anything wrong with my petition outside of the age. we meet all the other criteria so.. but the judge and jury is the CO. I will pray for an understanding one:)

Thank you but I am the older woman (USC). your words are comforting. I cant see anything wrong with my petition outside of the age. we meet all the other criteria so.. but the judge and jury is the CO. I will pray for an understanding one:)

Timeline

Oh God he missed the medical to pick up the packet and get the shots for his son... Lord give me strength. He is in Kingston and will go tomorrow morning to hopefully get the medical forms. What is the worse case scenario if he does not for some reason get the medical papers tomorrow can he send them in after his interview or should we cancel until he has them in hand.? what next!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.