mbarley

Whats the next step when status says Ready after AP?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our status on CEAC Status Tracker says ready after a long administrative processing for immigrant visa in Montreal Canada. Whats the next step they will ask us to do and how long will it be for them to take the next step? Will they send an email to send our passport or do I just send it immediately?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi mbarley!!

Congratulations on that "Ready" you are almost done with this procecess. My husband has been on AP for 80 days in Montreal. How long was your wait?? He has his passport too I'll be on the same situation you are.

Timeline

Yes, He has his passport without the Visa. the day of the interview the Consular Officer told him "Everything looks fine, here is your passport you need to wait 2 or 3 weeks" then gave him the 221g and we have been waiting for almost 11 weeks.

Edited by Idy Fdez

Timeline

my wait was 18.5 months

Oh! wow!! I'm so sorry you had to wait that long. I guess the consulate should send you an email requesting your passport however they are so slow that I will go to Loomis location and will send it. I've been searching for an answer to your question thru other post but still don't know.
Do you mind sharing about your case, what type of Visa and if you were born in a different country. My husband was born in Cuba but is canadian citizen, (we think that's the reason for the AP)

Timeline

hey guy my status change to ready yesterday....an the message read that i should do a interview but we already did that an they has our passport is this a good sign r not? plz help..

Hi!! are you a K-1 Visa?? how long was the AP?? I've seen that others VJ members getting the same msge. If they need somthing they will contact you. otherwise you should see "Issued" in a couple of days!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just had my status changed from "ready" to AP last week Wednesday. People say they have been in 2nd ap for 2 days then issued. I'm a little worried since it being the 3rd day. Should I be worried people?

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.