Janelle2002

Chasing fair skin, Ivorians ignore whitening cream ban

144 posts in this topic

If it causes damage that is another story.

I would mention that there are a good many thousands of skin darkening factories here (sun tanning salons) that can cause cancer. People wanting to reach an idealized view of beauty/youth will risk their health through chemicals, extreme surgery, injecting bio-toxins into their skin, radiating their bodies, etc.

Is this a failure on the part of men, women or both? Women are held at a much more higher standard to be beautiful than men are to be handsome. I guess a man would rather have a woman who is killing herself mentally and physically to conform to the ideal standard of beauty rather than just loving her for who she is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

specifically for Ivory Coast, it's the mens causing the problems !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Whitening creams are big business, not just in Africa but all over the world where the girls aren't white and pretty.

They are big in the Philippines. I told my wife. If I wanted a white woman, I would have married a white woman. Odd women the world over want to be white

Whitening creams are big business, not just in Africa but all over the world where the girls aren't white and pretty.

They are big in the Philippines. I told my wife. If I wanted a white woman, I would have married a white woman. Odd women the world over want to be white

Timeline

Do you think the men are getting their ideas from what the rest of the world perceive as beautiful?

in Ivory Coast? No !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Because being darker or brown has become such a bad thing.

in Ivory Coast? No !

You are in denial dude.

And how do you know this for sure?

Do me a favor, go to Google, type in beauty, then click on images. Tell me what you see.

Edited by Janelle2002

Timeline

You are in denial dude.

And how do you know this for sure?

Stop deflecting ! This is a socio-economic problem in The Ivory Coast, all caused by the Mens there. The author of this tome, back at post #1, had 'in country' experts giving factual information.

Stop deflecting ! This is a socio-economic problem in The Ivory Coast, all caused by the Mens there. The author of this tome, back at post #1, had 'in country' experts giving factual information.

Not deflecting. Go to Google and do what I ask.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is this a failure on the part of men, women or both? Women are held at a much more higher standard to be beautiful than men are to be handsome. I guess a man would rather have a woman who is killing herself mentally and physically to conform to the ideal standard of beauty rather than just loving her for who she is.

Men chase beauty so women compete to be what is scene as the most beautiful. This the same reason men compete for money/power - it is what they perceive will make them the most desirable. Both genders do what they do to appear to be a better "catch"

I went back and read the article - If the goal is to remove these product because they are dangerous then I can totally get on board.. I get the feeling reading the article that is not the overriding reason why those who want the ban are pushing for it.

If they can find a totally safe cream that does the job would you still be against it?

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

...women the world over want to be white

Because they all want white men like you. Most black/indian/etc women married to white men are of the light-skinned variety. So they play the odds. Whitening cream is a no-lose proposition. Either you stay as dark as you are or you get prettier and the white man likes you.

Men chase beauty so women compete to be what is scene as the most beautiful. This the same reason men compete for money/power - it is what they perceive will make them the most desirable. Both genders do what they do to appear to be a better "catch"

I went back and read the article - If the goal is to remove these product because they are dangerous then I can totally get on board.. I get the feeling reading the article that is not the overriding reason why those who want the ban are pushing for it.

If they can find a totally safe cream that does the job would you still be against it?

The problem is, how do you change your skin color to make it lighter, safer? It is the same with lightening your hair color. It requires bleach.

I would be against it regardless just because women should learn to be comfortable and ok with their beauty just the way they are. But you do propose a good question. Will the people of Ivory Coast be ok with whitening cream if they found a safer cream to use?

And even though both genders are looking for a "catch," men do not have to go through the extremities that women have to go through to be considered beautiful.

Because they all want white men like you. Most black/indian/etc women married to white men are of the light-skinned variety. So they play the odds. Whitening cream is a no-lose proposition. Either you stay as dark as you are or you get prettier and the white man likes you.

This is true. For white men, they are attracted to women of other races who have white features, like a pointy nose and straight hair. So if a woman is interested in attracting a man of this race she has to conform to what this man considers beautiful in his eyes.

The problem is, how do you change your skin color to make it lighter, safer? It is the same with lightening your hair color. It requires bleach.

I would be against it regardless just because women should learn to be comfortable and ok with their beauty just the way they are. But you do propose a good question. Will the people of Ivory Coast be ok with whitening cream if they found a safer cream to use?

And even though both genders are looking for a "catch," men do not have to go through the extremities that women have to go through to be considered beautiful.

This is true. For white men, they are attracted to women of other races who have white features, like a pointy nose and straight hair. So if a woman is interested in attracting a man of this race she has to conform to what this man considers beautiful in his eyes.

Exactly. Gotta have those Aryan features, they'll look past a slight skin tone deviation if everything else is in place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Go to Google and do what I ask.

And do it from a PC, not a handphone!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).