TJM1994

Proof of Home Ties - Please advise

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I am travelling from the UK to the USA under the VWP this Saturday to visit my Fiancée for 2 weeks. I was previously in the US from the 17th June - 4th July.

With my Fiancée having issues at the UK border in the past I am now rather nervous about my entry to the US so soon after I previously left. Having filed for the K1 visa on my previous visit I am concerned that the US Border may refuse me entry on the grounds that I am more likely to overstay etc.

My POE is going to be LAX.

I am currently preparing a folder with documents to show my ties to the UK. Please could anyone advice whether this is sufficient.

• Return ticket to UK
  • Copy of NOA1 (to show we are taking the legal route)
  • Letter from employer stating the days I have off work and my return date
  • Pay stub from employer
  • Bank statement
  • Copy of credit card bills
  • Copy of phone bill
  • Proof of car ownership

I still live with my parents so unfortunately can't show a lease agreement or mortgage payments but is there anything further I can do to prove my ties to the UK?

I also have a copy of my itinerary for the entire two weeks - We are taking a road trip up through California and Oregon and staying at a mixture of campsites and hotels. I have booking confirmations for every day that I will be in the USA.

I know I am probably worrying needlessly however my Fiancée has been refused entry to the UK once and had a UK visa application denied so I am rather sceptical of the whole process, especially now I have filed for K1 and will be telling the border officer I am visiting my Fiancée!

Any help is greatly appreciated (and yes I have read the pinned thread, nearly all of it!)

Many thanks again.

Edited by TJM1994

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know in Dublin the stop my Fiancée and ask lots of question.. Like how much money she had and where she stay and for long for...but the let her in and she stay 2 months.

Timeline

Yes u should be fine..can't see them stopping u

Can I ask why the refused ur Fiancée entry ?

I know in Dublin the stop my Fiancée and ask lots of question.. Like how much money she had and where she stay and for long for...but the let her in and she stay 2 months.

Hi Paddy,

They refused her due to lack of ties home.

She is a student in the US but was looking to come to the UK for an extended stay. She didn't have sufficient proof that she could support herself financially in the UK even though I had a written statement showing I would be supporting her.

I would not be concerned. Be honest and provide proof if asked for it.

As you know, your fiancé unfortunately fit into that unspoken and rather discriminatory category the UKBA don't like to tell the public. This impossible burden of proof you'll not encounter stateside. That being said, you have more than enough to satisfy CBP and they most likely won't even ask for it.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

I would not be concerned. Be honest and provide proof if asked for it.

As you know, your fiancé unfortunately fit into that unspoken and rather discriminatory category the UKBA don't like to tell the public. This impossible burden of proof you'll not encounter stateside. That being said, you have more than enough to satisfy CBP and they most likely won't even ask for it.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.