K9Texas

I-485 Ready to Be Scheduled For Interview - DALLAS Wait times

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

PLEASE POST YOUR TIME LINE FOR THE DALLAS OFFICE......WHEN DID YOU FILE THE I-485 AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW ?

DALLAS TEXAS.

January 24, 2015 ...Filed I-485 and I-130..., marriage based via Chicago lock box.

March 31, 2015.... On line status showed READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW

June 28, 2015.... On line status DATE changed to June 28th, 2015, again showing CASE READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW.

August 10, 2015 ... Not a Word, still waiting for interview date.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Same thing goes for me.. Mine has been file since November 2014.. Mine is still being scheduled for interview.. I hear the estimated waiting time is 11 months.. So chill, drink a lot of water and wait.

Married 06/10/2014
11/16/14: Concurrent filing of i130, i485 and i765.
11/27/14: Texts and emails received.
12/03/14: Paper NOAs.
12/10/14: Biometrics completed (appt date)
02/13/15: EAD Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from AOS/Family-Based main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This threat is for DALLAS FIELD OFFICE WAIT TIMES AND RECENT APPROVALS, so people waiting on the Dallas office can get info in real time. Thanks

PS, I got info today that the reason Dallas is so backed up is because they are trying to stay in compliance with the directive to get citizenship apps approved within the 6 month time frame, so all other cases are being placed on the back burner.

Our online status has not changed to scheduling for an interview, but our senator inquiry says that our Houston Office told them we will have an interview. So we are waiting as well.

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: Timeline

Filed in October 2014, interview September 10th, so the wait time is 11 months

10/13/14- Sent I-485 Package to Chicago lockbox
10/16/14- Check Cashed
10/17/14 -Received NOA's Text
10/22/14- Received Hard Copies in the mail(National Benefits Center)
10/24/14- Received Biometrics letter for Nov 7th 2014
11/07/14- Biometrics Completed

11/19/14- In line for interview
08/07/15- Interview Scheduled for September 10th 2015
09/10/15- Interview-APPROVED

09/17/15- GreenCard Recieved

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I am hoping someone can estimate wait time in Dallas, TX for scheduling Adjustment of Status interview.

My wife's I-485 is processing and she has already been to get the biometrics. The case status online shows this: As of November 2, 2015, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

Does anyone know about how long it takes in Dallas for them schedule an interview and send the notice? It seems like a month just to schedule the interview and send the notice is longer than it needs to be.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks,

Filed: Timeline
I am hoping someone can estimate wait time in Dallas, TX for scheduling Adjustment of Status interview.
My wife's I-485 is processing and she has already been to get the biometrics. The case status online shows this: As of November 2, 2015, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.
Does anyone know about how long it takes in Dallas for them schedule an interview and send the notice? It seems like a month just to schedule the interview and send the notice is longer than it needs to be.
I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Thanks,

Unfortunately people who applied in December 2014 (and likely finished their Biometrics in January 2015, receiving their "ready to schedule your interview notice" in Feburary 2015) have only received their interview notices last month. So if the speed at which applications are being processed remains consistent, you've got about 8 - 9 months to go.

• 3 weeks later...

How come no one on this thread has their timelines updated or entered? We can't use VJ timelines if no one participates! :time:

We will join this thread as we filed this month. Still waiting on the NOA text/emails. I have seen commenters on other AOS filer threads getting their GC within 2-3 months! I hope that USCIS is running a little faster now because it seems that it was taking them soooooo long in 2013 and 2014 to process the paperwork. We'll see.

C'mon Dallas!!!!

Signature coming soon...

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Jamesscaggs

I am in the same situation. I am applying for i 485for me and my son, and I `ve got the same message on online status as your wife. SO i called the USCIS today and they told me that Dallas in really backed up. today they were interviewing people who sent their applications on March 13 2015 .. yes 2015 !!!! that is 7 months before i sent mine.so i am expecting to wait at least next 5 months before i get some letter for interview.

timeline

10-19-15 sent i 130, i 485 ,i 765 , medical ,photos and all documents needed

11-4-15 checkes caches

11-9-15 NOA 1

11-14-15 biometric appointment for 11-24-15

11-24-15 biometrics DONE

1-15-16 i 765 aproved

1-16-16 EAD at home

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG 0-0, they are still interviewing last years applicants 0-0, I'm hoping to get EAD/AP atleast approved so me and my husband can start on our lives by getting our own place and start a family cuz only him working and living with family to help support us till I work is stressful and annoying while we're adults and want to make a family of our own and have our own space

I'm greatful for families help but it feels our life is just on hold cause of this , after almost 8 years it's time to be parents <3

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

OMG 0-0, they are still interviewing last years applicants 0-0, I'm hoping to get EAD/AP atleast approved so me and my husband can start on our lives by getting our own place and start a family cuz only him working and living with family to help support us till I work is stressful and annoying while we're adults and want to make a family of our own and have our own space

I'm greatful for families help but it feels our life is just on hold cause of this , after almost 8 years it's time to be parents <3

There's no guarantee or requirement that you wait for an interview. The NBC may approve your petition without an interview, but you never know - it's up to them. We could have had our EAD/AP approved in 72 days, but we had an RFE - name change issue. However, there are a couple or two that are still waiting from December 2015 that are still waiting for their EAD/AP after 100 days of wait time. A few of us have been approved and have received their GC's but it's all in the luck of the draw. No rhyme or reason.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There's no guarantee or requirement that you wait for an interview. The NBC may approve your petition without an interview, but you never know - it's up to them. We could have had our EAD/AP approved in 72 days, but we had an RFE - name change issue. However, there are a couple or two that are still waiting from December 2015 that are still waiting for their EAD/AP after 100 days of wait time. A few of us have been approved and have received their GC's but it's all in the luck of the draw. No rhyme or reason.

I'm really hoping no interview and just get the GC as the driving is to far and my husbands job is complete sh**

when it comes to taken days off and I hear many people say both of us have to be there

I also hope people in December get some good news as well, all this waiting is really stressful (I'm a very impatient person especially when I do nothing all day till my husband comes home lol)

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Many people have waited 11+ months for their GC. At least with the EAD/AP, you can do most of everything that you need. I'm so grateful my husband got his so fast for federal financial aid and so he can get citizenship sooner to sponsor mom earlier. After you get the EAD/AP, you won't be restricted anymore.

Signature coming soon...

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally got our interview date :)

Here was our timeline

November 2nd - Application processing started

August 11th - Received interview appointment notice

Sept 13th - Interview is scheduled for Sept 13th.

Does anyone know if my wife needs to apply for a namechange or get a social security card before going to this meeting? She is pregnant and won't be working so we don't really need authorization to work. I just don't want to get there and not have all my documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.