IcezMan_IcezLady

Have you considered moving because of immigration hassle?

17 posts in this topic

When we were first married we were going to settle in the states, but it was so confusing and hard we decided to move to the UK. The visa process was really straightforward and my father-in-law co-sponsored me. I could not use my degree at all here (psychology) so I drifted between different things. I can't apply for a government job here as you have to be an eu citizen and I never bothered. We are now moving back to the US and I'm glad we did it this way as we are going the DCF route which has only taken 5 months and we have been together the whole time. Also he will get the 10 yr residency so we won't have to apply to remove conditions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey there! I've lived with my husband in Ghana for over 6 years. Not because we had any difficulites with immigration..we just decided to live together here for a while before even starting the immigration process. YESSSS it is so expensive here and I cant wrap my head around why they charge so much for certain things, especially rent!!! But it also depends on how you want to live. We shop in the expensive markets, the "american" shops and live in an expensive part of the city. So it really just depends on your preference. Jobs for an American, you can forget that one! Luckily I am self employed so I can run most things from over here and I go back to the States a couple times a year for a month or two. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. There isnt much I cant tell you about this place!! :):):)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.