waynesworld

required list of documents, I-130

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last month I got married in China, my wife and I have a Chinese marriage certificate. I want to be sure I have all the right documents for my wife and step-daughter. Here is the list I have for both:

1. G-1145

2. I-130

3. G-325

4. Two money orders: $420.00 each

5. Birth certificates: wife and step-daughter(original documents)

6. Marriage certificate/license(original)

7. Passports (for wife and stepdaughter)

If I'm missing anything please let me know! Thank-you. ??

Like someone else said, you need a G-325a for you and your wife. Also, anything not in English needs to be translated as far as I know.

Yes, we have corresponded via email for over a year before I made my trip to China last month. Should I include our correspondence? It would seem to me that our marriage certificate would qualify our relationship status?

I would show maybe a few here and there.. 1 from the beginning with the date stamp so they know how long you've been in contact. Marriage certificate will obviously help, but it is better sometimes to give a little more information. Send photos of you with their family, things like that. Don't send in a massive package though, it won't help, and will annoy them.

Hi Darnell,

To get married in China, I had to file a marriageability affidavit with the US consulate, because I am divorced. So is a divorce decree really necessary because I am already 're-married? Thanks, Wayne

Obviously not directed at me, but yes, send it. Send in everything so that it limits your chances at receiving a RFE.

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

yup.

Can you verify the fees for him?

H e has two $420 checks for his wife and the daughter. Does he need separate checks for the two or just one check?

I will hate for you to waste that money..*that's 2/3 of a Louboutin shoes... :goofy:

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

now wait a mo -

Louboutin shoes are made in China, cheap knockoffs, I can get you 12 pairs for 56 dollars.

Louis Vitton, otoh, well, lets not go there, aye?

-----

USCIS will accept either: 1 for the total total, or 2 representing each human.

---

re: divorce decree copy - i swear - wasn't it required from the I-130 instructions?

I remember [on divorce decrees]

1. petitioner photocopy of certified divorce decree with I-130 into USCIS

2. beneficiary certified divorce decree with the civil docs on the DS-260 into NVC.

3. petitioner certified copy version on beneficiary's interview day at the IV Unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi wayne,

I'm all the way in Trinidad and my husband in the USA filed petitions for me and my 2 kids recently in May....he had to file 3 separate petitions which would be 3 filing fees of US$420 each (as was already mentioned in a previous post). He filled out the i130 forms and I filled out the g325a (biographic information) form which must be originally signed and I mailed it to him via registered mail to include with the i130.

The g325a is filled out and signed by the applicant, which is your wife in this case, and NOT by the petitioner, which is you.

My husband and I got married in April of this year but we've been together for 2 years and known each other for 17 years. I was previously married and so I included a scan of my divorce decree along with birth certificates and my recent marriage certificate. As for evidence of a bona fide marriage/relationship, my husband printed off all our Skype chat logs (37 pages...2-side print!), all existing magicJack phone call logs, along with photos of us together and my kids when he visited me or vice versa. I also included copies of flight info (emails) for us both when we would have booked tickets to visit each other during the 2 years, as proof of us travelling to visit each other.

I hope I was able to help clear up anything you needed to know and good luck with your application! :)

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration forum to IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.