Dwayne74

Can't FREAKIN reach NVC

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yep, we all go through it. NVC are ridiculously difficult to get hold of and once you get through, you only get to speak to a customer service rep that don't have a clue about your case anyway or can do much about it.

They open 7 am so start calling and just re-dial till you're placed in a queue. I've tried emailing a few times but not getting any replies lately.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I would have my alarm to wake me up at 6:58am EST. I had the number ready to call and dialed right at 7am EST. First time I had a 20 minute wait, and they told me they didn't have my case. One week later, I tried the same thing, after a 35 minute hold, I talked to someone and got my case number.

My suggestion is to call early as others have stated (as soon as they open, 7am EST)

Good luck!

K1 until Green Card

01/13/15 - I-129F package sent

01/15/15 - Arrived at Texas Service Center (sigh...)

01/27/15 - NOA1 in hand

07/16/15 - Case was approved!

07/21/15 - NOA2 in hand

07/24/15 - Case sent to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC Case # Assigned / Case sent to embassy (estimate)

08/05/15 - Arrived at embassy

08/12/15 - Packet 3 received

08/17/15 - Packet 3 sent

08/28/15 - Packet 4 received

09/28/15 - Medical

09/30/15 - Interview - approved

10/07/15 - K1 Visa in hand

10/22/15 - POE

11/06/15 - Married!

12/15/15 - I-485 package sent
02/29/16 - I-485 approved (interview waived)

03/08/16 - Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm still unsuccessful after couple tries and attempt other options that was passed along to me. I've also emailed those ####### just to cover the all the angles.

This is so frustrating. My blood pressure already through the roof. 'Freakin unbelievable"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm still unsuccessful after couple tries and attempt other options that was passed along to me. I've also emailed those ####### just to cover the all the angles.

This is so frustrating. My blood pressure already through the roof. 'Freakin unbelievable"

I had better luck at night I got through on a Friday night at 10:30pm, so if you can't get through in the morning try at night, good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes, I have. What I've done is simply hang up and redial over and over and over. Eventually, you will not get the recording, but another type of recording that will then put you through to another area where you will still have to wait. I've waited for close to 45 minutes on most occasions.

So, if you really need to get through, be persistent, have a lot of time on your hands and don't give up. Be forewarned though, that the people answering the phones may tell you anything just to get you off the line, and on top of that, you may also be cut off and have to start the process all over again.

This whole ordeal is not for sissies!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

my first attempt to reach anyone at the NVC: 146 calls

second attempt: 10 calls

both times I had to wait in line for like 35 minutes until I could talk to a representative...

germangirlintheusa.blogspot.com

~~~ mrandmrsBRS Visa journey ~~~

Service Center: Vermont

Embassy: Frankfurt/Germany

Marriage: 2014-12-30

I-130 sent: 2015-1-5

I-130 Noa 1: 2015-1-12

I-130 approved: 2015-6-10

Your I-130 was approved in 149 days from your NOA 1 date.

NVC: 2015-7-8

AOS bill: 2015-8-4

AOS P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

IV bill: 2015-9-15

IV P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

Case Complete: 2015-10-12 (2015-12-07)

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Medical: 2016-1-7

Interview Frankfurt: 2016-1-19 (called NVC 2015-12-14) APPROVED :dancing: :wub:

POE: 2016-2-9 ATL (Atlanta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks to all members alike that replied on this matter. After 2 days of relentless pursuit, I was able to make contact with "the Gods" aka NVC. It ended costing me $60 since I had to take a 3 hour sick leave off work and couple more gray hairs. All well deserve thanks to the untouchable God's..... Freakin insanity I tell you! Our tax dollars @ work.

I was having the same problem! I followed the suggestions mentioned in this discussion and after about 20 attempts I finally got a ring tone. I'm currently on hold, system said 20mins hold time so we'll see.

Edited by Nathaniels

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wanted to throw my two cents in on this thread. You do need to be persistent if you get the "Call back later message" I always took it literally and thought I would wait an hour and try again, and I kept getting that message. So here's my timeline on getting through to them.

Dialed the number 43 times

On the 44th dial I got through. I followed the prompts, and I was on hold for 7 minutes, when WHOOPS! I accidentally hung up.

Started dialing again immediately.

Dialed the number 17 times

On the 18th dial I got through, followed the prompts and my call was answered after 52 minutes

I was able to give my USCIS case number to the operator, they then asked me to confirm the beneficiaries name and date of birth

they then asked me to confirm the petitioners name and date of birth

they then asked me my name. I am the petitioner, so I just repeated my name to them again.

They then gave me my NVC Case number, my invoice ID, and I was able to update my email with the operator.

I though the person I spoke to was very professional and courteous. And personally I appreciated that they were there to give me the answers that I needed. I can imagine that these people have a very thankless and tiring job, especially if they have people calling up giving them attitude because there are a lot of people calling. It has nothing to do with them, they are just another cog in the wheel.

I for one, want to say a BIG thank you to all the of ladies and gentleman at the state department, the NVC, and the USCIS for doing an awesome job with the tools they've been given.

Met in person summer of 1986

Started Dating August 24 1989

Started dating second time around March 12th 2015

Engaged May 17th 2015

Married May 21st 2016

Sent I-129F: June 18th, 2015

NOA1: June 23rd 2015

NOA2: July 22nd 2015

NVC Received: August 6th, 2015

Consulate Received: August 14th, 2015

Interview: March 15th, 2016 APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: March 23rd, 2016

POE: April 15th, 2016 Otay Mesa Border Crossing (San Diego)

Sunset Wedding: May 21st, 2016 at 7:15PM On the Beach in Carpinteria, California.

----------------------

AOS

I-485 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-765 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-131 Filed: June 17th, 2016

NOA Received July 4th 2016

Biometrics Appointment: July 30th at 8AM

Biometrics Completed: July 21st 2016 (Oxnard Ca, No Line, no waiting, went 9 days early)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.