duckhunter1

NVC to U.S. Emb Manila

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a little while. Had a good experience so far with the CSC. 30 days for Visa approval! Does anyone know how long it takes for the visa package to go from the NVC to the Embassy in Manila? Just trying to calculate calendar time of events, etc.

Also, while I'm posting. My fiancé traveled to Manila for a job recently to help pay some bills, etc. She has all but disappeared. Dropped off the map completely. Perhaps no load? Busy with the new job? Just waitressing but it's a lot of hours. Has this ever happened to anyone on here?

I129F filed: June 26th, 2015

Received: June 29th, 2015

NOA1: July 1, 2015

NOA2 Approval: July 30th, 2015

NVC case number: waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are the petitioner?

You will receive notice of case number and requirements of what has to be done

But you need to find finance before you proceed / only for yourself you don't want to be paying fees out for someone who has disappeared

GOOD LUCK

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will probably never see any case number via mail or courier in PHilippines or USA.

About 7 to 10 days after NOA2 you need to call NVC and get you MNL#

Once you have that MNL# you/she can schedule Medical and Interview.

In reality if you were on the ball you probably could of been done with Medical/Interview by now.

Follow Hank's Guide: http://visaconnection-philippines.com/#

Edited by VOL

Timeline

Yes I agree. I'm not paying fees for someone who vanishes like this. I hope she's ok. There are a lot of bad things in a big city that can happen. :(

Manila can be nightmare, especially for a girl from the Province

Where is your girl from?

Timeline

It's my understanding one must have a case number from the NVC in order to schedule medical and interview. How much more on the ball could I be? It's out of my hands. NVC says 35 days for Case number issuance which is ~ Sept 3rd.

Masbate

My bad I got one month ahead.

Yes by now you can call NVC and get you MNL#. .

so you need to call them early, like 7 am opening time and get your MNL#. I suspect they will be super busy already

I am Central Time and called like at 7 am my time and got thru in about 5 minutes, if you wait till later in the day then you will get all circuits are busy or it will have busy signal.

Timeline

How long have you known her? I can't beleive anyone will just go under the radar like that after going thru the K1 process.

Call her. No one can be that busy with work. I hope nothing bad happened.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to NVC Forum~

~Inquiry about NVC~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You have more to worry about then the NVC my friend. You cant call her family or friends? Know where she works? Like the other guy said Manila can be an awful place, not only for a girl from the province but for anyone. For her to disapear for 2 weeks is just crazy, and you can forget the no load thing, internet cafes everywhere and 100 peso for load. Thats not even scratching the surface of a good excuse

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I've been in Manila 3 times and what I witnessed on the streets was horrific and actual disgusted me. Girls dressed for work, etc late at night.

I do not know where she works nor do I know where she lives. I am in touch with her cousins, etc so they know. They have not heard from her either.

The one thing I've learned in life is that I can control 'my' actions but I can not control the actions of others. What I have done thus far is get an approved visa for her and so my actions have been successful. The rest is in Gods hands.

Indeed man. That is a very true statement. We should have done more research prior to getting married in Pinas. On one hand im glad we did it there as it was important to her and her family but if we had just "accidentally" failed to file it with the nso she could probably already be here on a fiancé visa which is way faster. Which makes no sense but it is.

Best of luck to you man. I'm headed to cebu Wednesday for a few weeks. We bought a beach house there for her family simply because manila is just as you described it. And to me of all the places I have been in Pinas cebu is probably my favorite place with any kind of infrastructure.

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.